Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 14, 2018, 07:46:50 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Rdb ammo keyhole
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rdb ammo keyhole  (Read 206 times)
Silverback13

« on: November 08, 2018, 11:09:13 PM »

Recently discovered my rdb won't stabilze wolf military classic 55 grain.     Everything else fine even tulammo.

Anyone else come across this?

Other than that mine has been running like a dream

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk

waffenmeister

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 06:14:38 AM »

Due to steel shell case Wolf Ammo can cause damage to RDBs. When there is not enough gas for complete recoil, then the brass shell case neck will be bent and torn at the moment bolt slams it into the barrel side. The steel shell case is hard enough to actually damage the bolt and the barrel elements during the failed recoil cycle.

This happens when you shoot the light bullet 60-120 times in a straight row. Especially if you do not give time for the barrel to cool down or do not clean then gas system after several sessions. You can expect broken firing pin and double feeds without proper case and cooling.

As for bullet stabilizing......Wolf ammo is a crap. Either you have too less propellant or actual bullet diameter is not 224 or you have too much propellant and therefore you expect to have the overstabilizing which leads to severe trajectory drift.

Please post a photo of the case with shot primer and i will tell you the exact reason.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 06:18:07 AM by waffenmeister » Logged
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 01:55:15 AM »

Quote: "As for bullet stabilizing......Wolf ammo is a crap. Either you have too less propellant or actual bullet diameter is not 224 or you have too much propellant and therefore you expect to have the overstabilizing which leads to severe trajectory drift."

I assume you're still referring to the steel case version in that statement.  The Wolf .223 Gold is actually quite good.  It also has good brass for reloading.
waffenmeister

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 06:32:51 AM »

Powder load and the bullet real diameter does not depend on the case type. Wolf is guilty using cheap bullets and military powder manufactured in 1960s.

By the way. The best ammo i have used so far it the GGG with 69gr Hornady soft point bullet set instead of 55gr. Mostly because of the bullet cylinder shape. RDB barrel 1:7 twist requires good surface contact, but results the extra heat produced due to the increased friction. So I shoot less in one session but there were no keyholes. I also load 1.3-1.4 grams of GW2.0 surplus powder with controlled humidity around 40%. stir the pot
Also in terms of experiment, I have tried heavy 80gr pure led bullet with the gascheck, 1.15 grams of powder. RDB cycles at full open piston Recoil is close to zero. But the overall result is......16 inches group @ 53 yards. No keyholes though..... Grin
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 09:41:51 PM »

I think you're comparing apples to oranges.  Wolf Gold is manufactured in Taiwan.  It's a different animal.

I'm not arguing that there aren't better mass produced ammo's available...just that Wolf Gold isn't at the lower performance level of the steel cased Wolf that most are familiar with.

waffenmeister

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 04:56:25 AM »

Okay, I will try to find and shoot some Taiwan made Wolf Gold ammo in order to increase my expertise and form the real impression with that exact type of ammunition.  Grin Just do not use any steel case with your RDB never ever.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length