Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 14, 2018, 07:55:40 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Is the X95 better than the SAR?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is the X95 better than the SAR?  (Read 854 times)
Rastoff

« on: October 21, 2018, 08:13:07 PM »

In my opinion it is. What say you?

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 09:21:14 PM »

I prefer the SAR, had one of each, now have two SARs. Prefer the larger aftermarket support for the SAR and I just think it looks cooler.

AE
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 10:52:16 PM »

Not a huge fan of the Tavors, but I'd definitely say the SAR was the better design. Feels like a far more intuitive rifle, and my only personal gripe was the trigger compared to the X-95
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 11:04:59 PM »

I have both and to me it's a toss up. For AK guys getting into Tavors the SAR might be the better option. AR guys, the X95.

For me the ergo's on the SAR feel more natural. The SAR fits drum magazines easier. The SAR feels more solid and has a good aftermarket of options.

From my experience I want to say both shoot about the same. I can't say one is more accurate than the other. Each one has it's day.

The X95 being modular allows me more choices in setting up the rifle that I can't do with a SAR. The X95 in my setup feels more nimble and I may be faster on the X95. Both are awesome and like I said, it's a toss up. Each is fantastic in their own way.

* X95SBR-ish.jpg (1269.98 KB, 1071x603 - viewed 48 times.)

* D60.jpg (1139.68 KB, 653x368 - viewed 52 times.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:30:39 PM by RebellionOnIce » Logged
MajorKong

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 12:06:31 AM »

I have both and enjoy each of them.  I think the X95 is more refined and has better selection of customization options.  I especially prefer the placement of the charging handle on the X95.  But I prefer the magazine release on the SAR.  I could see myself selling the SAR or giving it to one of my step-sons but I'll probably keep the X95 for the rest of my days. 
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 01:14:15 AM »

I prefer the SARís ergos. Especially the mag release and the charging handle location.

Plus on the looks side, its much more appealing to me.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 04:06:49 AM »

you win either way.
cjgemm
^

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 08:21:37 AM »

Had a SAR and now have a X95.

SAR Pro's
-Mag release
-Grip storage

SAR cons
-Factory trigger (needs at least a lightning bow)
-not as easy to configure for accessory's (bi-pod. lights etc)

X95 Pro's
-Factory trigger is infinitely better, no upgrade really needed.
-Nice rail system up front, puts anything with in finger reach

X95 cons
-lack of storage

Both rifle require a riser for most optic mounts, and both will make you cry running with a can.  Sold my SAR in anticipation of the ATRAX .  When that went south I happened to come across a X95 at a great price.  I think all in all I like the X95 better for the rifles purpose.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:57:18 AM by cjgemm » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 11:24:31 AM »

Like Aussie said...you win either way...both models are utter reliable...while not the most accurate...they are combat accurate with M193/M855 ball ammo. Which is what most of shoot anyways...unless you are a 1 MOA tacticool ninja warrior.

SAR's bipod problems are solved with FAB Defense's Podium bipod...simple design...works well.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 01:25:15 PM »

Both are nice but I prefer the SAR for ergos and the best damn mag release ever put on a rifle
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 03:35:45 PM »

Both are nice but I prefer the SAR for ergos and the best damn mag release ever put on a rifle

100% agree
mission critical
^

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 02:17:53 AM »

Yes, having owned both, but now only owning an X95, in my opinion, the X95 > SAR.

From my understanding, the X95 represents the evolution/refinement of the SAR.

Again, it may not appeal to everyone, but the stock trigger, ability to replace the "cutlass" trigger guard with a more conventional PG, mag release, location of charging handle, and modular forend are some of the features that did it for me.

Like that saying goes, YMMV, and it will eventually come down to a matter of personal preference, but you really can't go wrong with either!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 03:02:58 AM by mission critical » Logged
JRKrejsa

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 02:34:26 AM »

X-95.  Much better trigger and mag release.  And yes, I own an AK, but have years of training and operational time with M4/AR platforms.  So I like the X-ď95 mag release. 
With practice, you can change mags faster in an X-95 than an AR style rifle. 
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 09:17:34 AM »

The SAR looks and feels better to me than the X95 in its US civvie form, at least, but the X95 gives you more options--thick or thin buttpad (don't neglect to pin the flash hider with a 16.5" barrel before you run the thin buttpad), two types of cocking bar, cutlass or pistol grip, quad rails/covers up front, short or long foregrip/top rail, etc. The AR mag release is more natural, but it's not like the SAR's mag release presents any problems--it's just different. People say you could accidentally release the magazine on the SAR... well, you could do the same on the X95 if you don't watch where your off hand is grabbing the rifle. So it's all about time on the weapon and developing good handling skills. Either way you can't really go wrong. I have both, and they're the two guns I would literally never sell aside from my M4gery. They look amazing, they feel amazing, they're accurate enough, and they're reliable. They're great weapons.

FWIW, the X95 with short furniture and an integral M21 optic taken from my SAR IDF16 is much lighter and has better balance than the US X95 as it comes stock. If you want to get as lightweight as possible and don't mind the M21, that's the way to go IMHO. Hey it also looks more Israeli if you're into cloning at all. I like that setup also because I can throw the MX3 magnifier on there (I also use the IDF16's gas block with sight adapter), so that basically gives me the best of both worlds--fiber optic/tritium reflex sight and scope.

* idf1.jpg (68.16 KB, 640x480 - viewed 51 times.)

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Rastoff

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2018, 10:59:59 PM »

I gotta say, I'm surprised that so many prefer the SAR over the X95.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 09:03:02 AM »

I think the SAR overall is just a better rifle...for me....I actually like that the T7 is a cross between the X95 and SAR design cues.
cciman

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 07:00:40 PM »

I gotta say, I'm surprised that so many prefer the SAR over the X95.

Some like their flip phones, and my wife "made" me buy a typewriter last weekend.

Modernity, and change, are a stressor for some.  Then again, there are the 1911 guys who think JMB was a Christ apostle....

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length