Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 01:12:35 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Getting Started...
| |-+  Bullpup Design, Definition, History
| | |-+  New Member Intro/First Bullpup Choice
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Member Intro/First Bullpup Choice  (Read 450 times)
RyanJZ
New Posting Member

« on: October 20, 2018, 12:37:40 PM »

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I own a Beretta CX4 and a Remington R51, and Iím looking at getting a bullpup rifle (something for more serious use like competitions as opposed to just a range toy).  Iím looking for suggestions on what people seem to think is ďbestĒ. I realize thatís really broad and everyone will have their own opinions, but I want to hear peopleís thoughts as far as technical aspects such as range, ambidextrous use, etc. I havenít had an opportunity to fire a bullpup rifle yet, but I will when I get the chance. My only experience with bullpups has been with an airsoft AUG and F2000. I know that shooting them is comparing apples to oranges, but as far how they felt being held and shouldered, I thought the Fs2000 was a tad more comfortable. What do you guys think? Depending on what everyone here says I might also go for an Arsenal SGL31 5.45 instead
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:42:12 PM by RyanJZ » Logged
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 04:04:46 AM »

Welcome to the Forum! Feel depends a lot on an individuals size, length of arms etc. I still feel most comfortable shooting the original Tavor SAR. I have aftermarket hammer packs in mine and would recommend using one for competition use.  2 cents

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
RyanJZ
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 08:38:51 AM »

I do like the Tavor, Iím curious about the AUGís quick change barrel though. How well does the gun retain zero after removing the barrel and putting it back on?
RyanJZ
New Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 09:52:09 PM »

So right now my first choice would be the FS2000, but I just CANíT justify spending more than $2500 on a gun that originally sold for less than 2. So that brings me to the AUG a3s, the Tavor, and maybe the MDR, but it might be too pricey for me. Or maybe Iím better off with a AK-74 clone?
Earl_harbinger

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 10:39:13 AM »

K&M M17s have elftmann triggers, might be worth considering.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 11:07:22 AM »

The FS2000 is more of a collector rifle than a shooter. It only uses standard GI mags due to its sealed magwell, itís also cumbersome and lacks a bolt hold open on the last shot.
 Go with the AUG or Tavor SAR... they are both reliable, accurate, and fun to shoot. Throw a hammer pack and bow into the SAR and you will have a 3lbs match grade trigger that will shrink your groups down. Both are battlefield proven designs with strong aftermarket support.

The AUG quick change barrel is cool but not necessary, their latest design did away with that feature. You can change my SAR barrel in under 5 minutes with optics still attached (GHW razorbacks top rail) and have no loss of zero.

The AUG might be a old design from the 1970ís but it looks just as modern and functions perfectly. Itís slightly more accurate than the Tavor but I think the Tavor might be a hair more rugged.
RyanJZ
New Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 12:28:44 PM »

A quick question about the AUG A3ís... the ones that take the nato mags, has anyone noticed and difference in performance or reliability with those? Also Iíve heard that the NATO stocks donít have bolt release but thereís one on Buds right now and in the picture it looks like it does in fact have an AR style bolt release
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length