Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 08:51:13 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  October 2018 Desert Tech MDR videos
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: October 2018 Desert Tech MDR videos  (Read 1340 times)
Blackandwhiteknight
^

« on: October 11, 2018, 01:06:26 AM »

New videos are up.

MDR Info - Development Overview
https://youtu.be/xWQsgDHbPkY

MDR Info - Maximum Survivability
https://youtu.be/LAqK_6j5wdg

MDR Info - Maximum Mobility
https://youtu.be/f18oo9Au1o0

MDR Info - Maximum Lethality
https://youtu.be/zvLCQUCVhqg

Desert Tech is shooting themselves in the foot with their PR efforts.  For Gods sake, pay someone to do your marketing for you!  Putting the boss in a suit to bumble through some flash cards isn't selling anything.  Pretty clear just from listening to him he has a pretty good grasp of engineering, and a background in distance shooting... but zero tactical or combat experience.  That may work for selling bolt guns, but not when you're trying to say you've got the next best thing in general purpose infantry rifles.
Articlion

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 02:21:20 PM »

started to watch but its such a joke you can clearly tell its an act of desperation to try to sell their kool aid
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 06:27:48 PM »

It appears that these were completed some time ago and are only now being posted.  It's a shame, they should have been posted sooner for explanation on the "why" some decisions were made.

One thing I have to say, though...Nick is sincere and cares about his product and company, but I think they should have practiced the dialog more or had someone who was a better public speaker doing the explanations.  Choppy narration and constant cuts distract from the tempo and cadence that should have been present.

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 07:11:55 PM »

DT...thanks for the vids...as a professional recommendation...hire a proper marketing agency to run your content.

I felt like I was watching an infomercial from the year 2000.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:22:47 AM by thehun » Logged
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 11:19:48 PM »

haha...what thehun said.  yeah...let go of the reins nick.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnhall/2018/03/25/why-letting-go-of-the-reins-might-be-the-best-thing-you-can-do-for-your-content/#3c0762952718
JesseJames38

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 04:01:00 AM »

I watched the videos.   Yeah seems like he is reading from flash cards and that's fine. I know I hate and cant do a speech to save my life.

On a positive note it appears they are going to come out with a new extractor for the .308 MDR. And free for current MDR owners.  Apparently it will be 40% bigger. Will this solve the problems of the torn rims?   I don't know, but I cant wait to see.

The next question is will we have to send in the whole rifle for the upgrade or just the bolt.  Perhaps they plan on sending them out and the people job to swap them out. 

I still need to send out for the free 6 pos gas valve yet.  perhaps I can kill two things at once.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 10:36:20 AM »

I watched the videos.   Yeah seems like he is reading from flash cards and that's fine. I know I hate and cant do a speech to save my life.

On a positive note it appears they are going to come out with a new extractor for the .308 MDR. And free for current MDR owners.  Apparently it will be 40% bigger. Will this solve the problems of the torn rims?   I don't know, but I cant wait to see.

The next question is will we have to send in the whole rifle for the upgrade or just the bolt.  Perhaps they plan on sending them out and the people job to swap them out.  

I still need to send out for the free 6 pos gas valve yet.  perhaps I can kill two things at once.

So...here is the dealio...do you know where the larger extractor idea came from...right from the members of this forum...

My question is...if it was thoroughly tested...how come the extractor design wasn't caught prior to release  Shocked but at least DT is listening to the feedback, implementing generational updates and hopefully all will be free upgrades to legacy customers...so far so good.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:38:11 AM by thehun » Logged
AF Gunner

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 11:46:55 AM »

Was the extractor mentioned in one of the videos. I missed it. I saw in the official thread he mentioned making the extractor bigger. But I could have swore I saw somewhere on here that the 308 was already maxed out because of the ejection system. But they could and did make the 223 extractor bigger? Not sure I'm old and forgetful.

Curt. 
JesseJames38

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 02:40:02 PM »

The reply isnt in the video its self.    In the survivability video i made a comment about every time using stg58 ammo i have to use a cleaning rod to remove the casing.     DT replyed to my comment there speaking of the extractor

Jesse
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 02:46:49 PM »

I watched the videos.   Yeah seems like he is reading from flash cards and that's fine. I know I hate and cant do a speech to save my life.

On a positive note it appears they are going to come out with a new extractor for the .308 MDR. And free for current MDR owners.  Apparently it will be 40% bigger. Will this solve the problems of the torn rims?   I don't know, but I cant wait to see.

The next question is will we have to send in the whole rifle for the upgrade or just the bolt.  Perhaps they plan on sending them out and the people job to swap them out.  

I still need to send out for the free 6 pos gas valve yet.  perhaps I can kill two things at once.

So...here is the dealio...do you know where the larger extractor idea came from...right from the members of this forum...

My question is...if it was thoroughly tested...how come the extractor design wasn't caught prior to release  Shocked but at least DT is listening to the feedback, implementing generational updates and hopefully all will be free upgrades to legacy customers...so far so good.

MDR = Member Development & Research

AE
AF Gunner

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 02:57:04 PM »

The reply isnt in the video its self.    In the survivability video i made a comment about every time using stg58 ammo i have to use a cleaning rod to remove the casing.     DT replyed to my comment there speaking of the extractor

Jesse

Thanks, I found it. sounds like it's in rifles shipping now. My rifle is at DT now, going on 6 weeks. I wonder if they will put it in mine before sending back?
JesseJames38

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 03:22:06 PM »

AE

I can defiantly agree with you on that one Aussie.  The MDR still needs some changes to be what it was hoped to be.  The good news is at least the company is listing to outside voices and making changes.   

Jesse.
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 06:15:09 PM »

AE

Cheesy Grin Cheesy
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 09:53:33 AM »

[/quote]

AE
[/quote]

Always on point.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 12:29:11 PM »

Here's the deal, a lot of people that work around guns as a job it's just a job. A lot of guys I know that are former military and or in law enforcement the weapon is just a small part of their job, same could be said of the engineers that design firearms.

Nick may be passionate and a "gun guy" but the employees he is paying to design and develop the MDR are more than likely engineers and not truly passionate about firearms, it's just their job. At the end of the day they have a budget and a timeline to fulfill the requirements of their tasks. Once it is in the hands of the general public there are a few passionate gun owners that are truly obsessed with firearms, how they work, their ergonomics, and making them better.

These guys would probably not be the best to hire to develop a gun because it would never get finished as they would always be improving it and not concerned about the cost, but to a company as unpaid R&D Personnel they can be a great resource if the company listens ( which DT appear to be doing ).

AE
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 12:52:41 PM »

Here's the deal, a lot of people that work around guns as a job it's just a job. A lot of guys I know that are former military and or in law enforcement the weapon is just a small part of their job, same could be said of the engineers that design firearms.

Nick may be passionate and a "gun guy" but the employees he is paying to design and develop the MDR are more than likely engineers and not truly passionate about firearms, it's just their job. At the end of the day they have a budget and a timeline to fulfill the requirements of their tasks. Once it is in the hands of the general public there are a few passionate gun owners that are truly obsessed with firearms, how they work, their ergonomics, and making them better.

These guys would probably not be the best to hire to develop a gun because it would never get finished as they would always be improving it and not concerned about the cost, but to a company as unpaid R&D Personnel they can be a great resource if the company listens ( which DT appear to be doing ).

AE

"It's just a paycheck"...for many...that is the answer...sometimes the passionate people don't drink cool aids but want things to succeed for the better even if it means hurting some people's little feelings (that's me).
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 01:27:49 PM »

Yeah that's the attitude for the majority of employees, just a paycheck. Often after getting underpaid tondo your duties for 8 or more hours they don't feel.like going home and continue working on a project unpaid to perfect it. Near enough is good enough isn't only in hand grenades and horseshoes. If DT was an employee owned company I'm sure you would have had people tinkering with the MDR ( like radiusing and polishing the ejection chute like a member her did ). Also remember the best thing about a deadline is the sound it makes as you speed right by it, nothing more than a speed bump in the road of perfection.

AE
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 02:02:32 PM »

AE

certainly adds up...appears nick will keep doing whatever it takes to evolve the gun to his satisfaction?  not implying the one he owns because we all know it's probably hand crafted by Pagani in Italy with the finest materials known to man, but the ones going out to the general public.

we all have our preferences and the most glaring for me is the charging handle currently.  one of their earlier prototypes had a retractable with detent which i liked.
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 01:01:50 AM »

Thanks for the clips Blackandwhiteknight.

Mr. DT should have listened to dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAAnjohdlik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOtGvf2vXik

kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2018, 01:15:10 AM »

Thanks for the clips Blackandwhiteknight.

Mr. DT should have listened to dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAAnjohdlik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOtGvf2vXik

Who were those idiots?  I made it 30 seconds into the first video and felt my IQ being drained worse than if I was watching a rap video. 

Kurt
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length