Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 07:42:41 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Get your 5.56 MDR now or later?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Would you rather ....
Get my 5.56 MDR in November   -8 (40%)
Wait until February   -12 (60%)
Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Get your 5.56 MDR now or later?  (Read 1383 times)
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2018, 11:01:46 AM »

not quite...keltec doesn't charge $2500 for a broken gun with a limited warranty.

Has DT ever refused to correct an issue?

I am with kfeltenberger on this one...DT, for the most part, has shown great response in their warranty claims.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2018, 04:56:24 PM »

not quite...keltec doesn't charge $2500 for a broken gun with a limited warranty.

the real question is how much once the 3 yr warranty expires Kurt...therein lies the gist.

*limited implying duration (3yrs) Kurt.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:24:12 PM by HBeretta » Logged
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 08:44:31 PM »

the real question is how much once the 3 yr warranty expires Kurt...therein lies the gist.

*limited implying duration (3yrs) Kurt.

The only way to answer that is to look at historical performance from DT on the issue.  That said, I think if the firearm is used, and by that I mean more than a handful of rounds fired, that any issues resulting due to manufacturing defect or excessive wear would reveal themselves by the three year mark.  As for it "breaking" due to user error, that's a toss-up regardless of the manufacturer.

Kurt
Ketzer
^

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2018, 07:38:20 PM »

Its funny you guys think shipping in November is really an option..... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Blackandwhiteknight
^

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2018, 09:54:09 PM »

Well, ironically enough this time I would bet they actually have the parts to make it happen.  Cheesy  They did the 5.56 bolt rework a few months back, so I'm sure they have those sitting on the shelves.
  In fact I would think the 5.56 guns are sitting in boxes... just missing the chutes.  The rest of the parts have been done for months.  I'm sure they've been assembling the 5.56 guns with the extra parts they had from the get go.  It's just select parts that have been redesigned, and had to be reordered. Like the chutes.
  I'm sure they got the new 5.56 bolts/ extractors and had an "aw crap" moment during the test fire with the old chutes.  Probably something about the geometry change that was causing an interference.
  I give DT props for trying to support their product and fix the problems.  That said though, they seem to be chasing problems and playing a reactive game rather than thinking ahead.  I mean how do you not see the issue with the chute coming if you did the re-engineering on the bolt?  Maybe they did and it just takes that long to get the new chutes in.
Box

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2018, 10:46:38 PM »

Iíll be interested in getting the 5.56 MDR once gen 2 or 3 are out and prove to be uber reliable.  I love the innovation of the MDR, so Iíll continue to follow it. 

In the meantime, my interest is in the CZ Bren 2.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 12:18:35 AM »

I have a 14" BREN 2 with a SB Tactical collapsing brace...the thing is amazing and makes me seriously consider selling off most of my ARs because they're like nags next to a thoroughbred.  I've already told my dealer that I want a 16" carbine in 5.56 as soon as their released and if they release a 7.62x51mm, I want one of them, too.

Kurt
reason

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 01:36:13 AM »

The Bren 2 is out?
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 01:53:25 AM »

The Bren 2 is out?

A small number of pistols were released about four or five weeks ago; one comment said about a hundred or so of each configuration and only to a handful of dealers.  I received an email from Prepper Gunshop and jumped on it, even if it wasn't what I wanted (16" Carbine).  I'm glad I did; the fit, finish, and trigger are top notch.

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2018, 09:12:41 AM »

The Bren 2 is out?

A small number of pistols were released about four or five weeks ago; one comment said about a hundred or so of each configuration and only to a handful of dealers.  I received an email from Prepper Gunshop and jumped on it, even if it wasn't what I wanted (16" Carbine).  I'm glad I did; the fit, finish, and trigger are top notch.

BREN 2 is impressive. Can't wait to get my hands on one...will probably happen after Christmas.
reason

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 09:20:52 AM »

I wonder if there will be a manticore arms lower to convert to a bullpup like the scorpion? If so I may even cancel my preorder.
reason

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 11:45:09 AM »

Kurt do you know if the SB brace for the 805 will fit on these pistols?
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 02:29:08 PM »

Negative...I know you asked Kurt but I can tell you...the 805 brace will not work on the Bren 2S...the Bren 2S comes with an AR stock adapter.

The whole upper and lower receiver has been redesigned.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 03:17:14 PM »

I have a 14" BREN 2 with a SB Tactical collapsing brace...the thing is amazing and makes me seriously consider selling off most of my ARs because they're like nags next to a thoroughbred.  I've already told my dealer that I want a 16" carbine in 5.56 as soon as their released and if they release a 7.62x51mm, I want one of them, too.

You should sell those nags.

AE
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2018, 11:29:40 PM »

I wonder if there will be a manticore arms lower to convert to a bullpup like the scorpion? If so I may even cancel my preorder.

Maybe...someday...but I wouldn't plan my life or purchases around it.

Kurt
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2018, 11:31:07 PM »

Negative...I know you asked Kurt but I can tell you...the 805 brace will not work on the Bren 2S...the Bren 2S comes with an AR stock adapter.

The whole upper and lower receiver has been redesigned.

Correct.  The design shares the same concepts, but the dimensions are different.  This is why you can't get a 922r compliance kit for the 805 and use it on the BREN 2 to "upsize" it to a rifle or SBR it.

Kurt
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2018, 11:32:07 PM »

You should sell those nags.

AE

Eventually.  They may come in handy for the insurrection from our peace loving "resistance", so I'll hold on to them until things stabilize.   Wink

Kurt
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length