Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 07:34:01 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Is my Tavor...Suppressor Reliable?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is my Tavor...Suppressor Reliable?  (Read 234 times)
SteveD

« on: September 28, 2018, 11:28:47 PM »

So just got in my suppressor last week and boy did it eat a chunk of my wallet. So I shoot around 50 rounds of m193, 20 rounds of steel 55gr ( no malfunctions). I know the Tavor can be overgassy and malfunction by spitting out the casing too hard, which can cause bounces off the deflector back into the chamber to cause malfunctions. Question is, it ran flawlessly, especially through the the m193 (although the deflected brass, flew probably at least 15 ft to the 1:00-2:00 position. Is it safe to say my Speer Gold Dot (which is pretty much loaded to 223 pressures) can come to the conclusion of being reliable? My logic is suppressor malfunctions is cause by back pressure, which higher pressure rounds only exacerbates, so a higher pressure round like m193 can run without malfunction would mean a lower pressure round work just as good? Obviously, I would shoot more in the long run to test reliablity, but this is my first range trip. Was mostly focused on my CZ Scoprion going pew pew with subsonic 9mm and my Osprey 45.  Pretty pricey to mag dump Gold dots for reliability.
Rastoff

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 12:25:42 AM »

Um, you shot your gun and it worked...it's reliable.

Trying to assume some other ammo will do the same is an unreliable method. The only way to know is to shoot the ammo you intend to use. This may sound obvious, but then you'll know. Never trust anything you haven't tested yourself.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length