Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2019, 04:10:54 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  2020 Precision pack with a binary trigger???
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2020 Precision pack with a binary trigger???  (Read 1665 times)
tsh77769

« on: September 27, 2018, 03:12:59 AM »

If I had a 2020 precision pack and I had a binary trigger could I make them work together in my AUG?

I already have an NFA registered AUG, I'm just curious about what are the possibilities.

tsh77769
LazyEngineer

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 03:33:36 PM »

Heh, don't have a 2020 pack; but it does sound like an interesting project.
TBM900
^

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 10:01:09 PM »

My suggestion is that everyone start Emailing both Franklin Armory & Fostech and bug them for an AUG version.

I have one for my GHM9, I had always put them in the gimmick category but Ill be danged if they are not only a hoot but quite practcal for controlled pairs.

In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
-Wilbur Wright
spyderco monkey

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 05:17:46 AM »

The big issue is that I think a Binary trigger for the AUG would only fire controlled pairs, as there is no traditional 'selector' for the AUG trigger.

TBM900
^

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 06:36:59 PM »

The big issue is that I think a Binary trigger for the AUG would only fire controlled pairs, as there is no traditional 'selector' for the AUG trigger.
I would be A-OK with that  Grin

In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
-Wilbur Wright
Jfoster99

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 02:09:09 PM »

I’d be careful  with buying a binary trigger now.

Some of the Bump-stock ban legislation I have read is worded to ban “Devices designed to increase the rate of fire”

That could mean a lot of things...

rdb241

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 05:41:14 AM »

I’d be careful  with buying a binary trigger now.

Some of the Bump-stock ban legislation I have read is worded to ban “Devices designed to increase the rate of fire”

That could mean a lot of things...

Well you better ban exercising your finger, Ban belt loops, ban rubber bands, ban wood dowels and ban your thumb..............

A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 01:08:08 PM »

A binary trigger purchase regardless of potential, future, political shenanigans wouldn't bother me if I wanted one.  Why?...you could pull it out and only install in future scenarios where it might be needed...for other future potential scenarios...if you know what I mean.

Just like the recent New Jersey law demands that 10+ magazines all be turned in to the gov'mint.  That's working quite well for them as the last numbers documented that I saw looked like about .0001% of the estimated numbers of 10+ mags had actually been turned in.

But things like this are a personal decision...sheep or wolverines...LOL!

tsh77769

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 03:47:51 AM »

Three possible solutions, a switch on the bottom of the trigger pack like their is on the 3rd burst pack, a safety with middle position as on some AUG select fire guns, or a progressive trigger where the second shot still occurs on the release but only if you pull through to the second position.

tsh77769
CabbitOne
^

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 03:54:50 PM »

Three possible solutions, a switch on the bottom of the trigger pack like their is on the 3rd burst pack, a safety with middle position as on some AUG select fire guns, or a progressive trigger where the second shot still occurs on the release but only if you pull through to the second position.

tsh77769

The pull through progressive type trigger makes sense when you think about the 'normal' select fire AUGs.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length