Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2018, 01:47:31 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Tavor X95 Safety questions
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tavor X95 Safety questions  (Read 454 times)
ct11b
New Posting Member

« on: September 09, 2018, 04:01:37 PM »

Hello, proud new owner of an X95.  Haven't had time to take out to the range yet, but definitely cleaned and lubricated it up!  Question for any X95 owners here:

During the reassembly and function check; unless my mind is fooling me, but I could have sworn that before I took it apart when I cycled, cleared and fired, that I could not switch the safety back and forth from fire to safe (I'm used to the AR15 platform where when you fire and the hammer is up, you could not that move the safety lever around 90* / locked in fire).

I've watched YT vids and read the manual but could not find any reference to this but, weapon cocked / bolt-trigger reset and put on safe - safety works. Put on fire - pull trigger - fire works.

But if the weapon is in the "fired" condition and bolt has not reset. Can the safety move around freely from safe - fire?
Rastoff

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 06:55:29 PM »

Perfectly normal. It has to do with how the trigger works. The trigger is markedly different from the AR.

Just for fun, try this:
Double check that the chamber is empty and you have no magazine inserted (just to be safe).
Rack the cocking rod to ensure the trigger is set.
Press the trigger, but this time, hold it back.
Now try to put the safety lever on safe.

Can't do it while the trigger is held back, can you? This is because of how it works. The safety prevents the trigger from moving. Because the trigger is being held back, the safety mechanism can't get in place to block it. You can see this, but you'll have to remove the barrel to see just how it works. Not necessary though, your gun is working.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
l2a3

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 10:00:57 AM »

My X95 allows the safety to return to "safe" after the trigger is pulled, dropping the hammer (fired) and then releasing the trigger.
It does it also when the empty chamber flag is in the chamber area, you can pull the trigger, dropping the hammer on the chamber flag and then place the safety on safe.

The AR safety is the same. The safety can only be placed on safe when the trigger is released from the fire position.

Neither on will not go on safe when the trigger is in the rear (fire) position, as ct11b stated.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 11:19:45 AM »

The AR safety is the same. The safety can only be placed on safe when the trigger is released from the fire position.

That's strange, I must have at least a dozen defective AR triggers from manufacturers including Larue, Gieselle, Hyperfire, Colt, CMMG and others. None of them will allow the selector to be rotated to the Safe position with the hammer forward (fired). I guess I'll start emailing them for RMA numbers, thank God I didn't have a major malfunction before this was brought to my attention.

AE
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 11:22:16 AM by Aussie E » Logged
SteveD

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 12:59:46 PM »

Oh man I got my daily dose of stupid. AR15 cannot be put on safe with the hammer released, unless you have a special trigger like the Fostech Echo. Tavor can be put on safe no matter if the hammer is cocked or released because the safety engages the trigger bar link, not the actual trigger pack itself.
ct11b
New Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 10:50:10 PM »

Perfectly normal. It has to do with how the trigger works. The trigger is markedly different from the AR.

Just for fun, try this:
Double check that the chamber is empty and you have no magazine inserted (just to be safe).
Rack the cocking rod to ensure the trigger is set.
Press the trigger, but this time, hold it back.
Now try to put the safety lever on safe.

Can't do it while the trigger is held back, can you? This is because of how it works. The safety prevents the trigger from moving. Because the trigger is being held back, the safety mechanism can't get in place to block it. You can see this, but you'll have to remove the barrel to see just how it works. Not necessary though, your gun is working.

Much thanks for the clarification Rastoff, just wanted to be sure I didn't reassemble incorrectly or that a piece broke!
ct11b
New Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 10:51:47 PM »

Oh man I got my daily dose of stupid. AR15 cannot be put on safe with the hammer released, unless you have a special trigger like the Fostech Echo. Tavor can be put on safe no matter if the hammer is cocked or released because the safety engages the trigger bar link, not the actual trigger pack itself.

Good to know SteveD, glad my mind was playing tricks on me and that I didn't reassemble incorrectly or a piece broke!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length