Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 12, 2021, 08:43:21 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Panzer Arms BP-12
| | |-+  DUDE! Panzer Arms - bullpup semi-auto shotgun. Kinda want!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: DUDE! Panzer Arms - bullpup semi-auto shotgun. Kinda want!  (Read 17152 times)
HomeDefense

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2021, 11:22:23 AM »

This is one of a line of shotguns from the Hunt Group (turkey). I bought a Black Aces FD-12 and it is near identical. No idea regarding compliance, but each importer looks to put their 'spin' on the basic model, so perhaps they are adding these parts for compliance (or marketing)?  The FD-12 is ambidextrous and has a left handed version - ejection port is to the left. Other controls swap side to side. Trigger is a bit tight, but it is getting easier as I run rounds through it.  MKA-1919 mags (10rds) work but were sticky to start with. Picked mine up for $599. It is a beast and has some kick, but because it is compact, very easy to handle. I suspect the Panzer BP-12 performs similarly. Training on this for home defense and, should it come to be, SHTF.  All in all, very happy with this.
IRTim
New Posting Member

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2021, 12:52:47 AM »

922R law is about a simple (and stupid) as it gets. Luckily itís not enforced much.
What makes the Panzer not in compliance?
100% of it!! NOTHING on a Panzer is 922R compliant!
This is important to know and if used to protect you home you need to have it right.
0% of the gun is made in the United States therefore the law states clear as day exactly what your responsibilities are if you buy it.
Thereís not a single law in existence saying importers or gun stores have to sell you a firearm brought up to code with current 922R compliance.
Look at surplus rifles, nothing on them is 922R. Theyíre old tools of war packed in grease. High end imports are mostly sold 922R but only as sales advantage, offer lifetime warranty and you pay for what you get. The work has been done for you.
922R states if you buy a import it canít have more then 10 imported compliance parts. This mean as soon as you take possession youíre responsible for making sure enough parts of the gun are removed or replaced with US made parts or itís illegal to have in your possession.
If you buy a panzer BP-12 itís sold to you under the assumption youíve played responsible gun owner and understand the gun laws.
Meaning if you buy it the pistol grip and hand guard need ripped off, the trigger, sear and hammer need to be removed and you can basically only use American magazines in it or factory mags with new replacement US made base plates and followers.
All will have to be modified because no one makes parts for it. Mostly because theyíre new, only have a 1 year warranty and large reputation for not covering warranty issues or standing behind the product at all what so ever.
I have one, I like it and itís a fun toy but thatís why itís not a $2000 Vepr or a $1500 Tavor. Itís a toy. I would recommend to others to buy one but they allow firearms to be sold not in compliance because the parts are legal to have just not put together. Itís dumb and the US parts are the same but truth is sad. The only reason they do it is because people buy them legally not understanding itís not legal the second they get it and that opens up opportunities to come arrest and collect money form people who arenít actually trying to break laws.
You can not legally have a Panzer as It was purchased in your possession. People do because itís likely not a issue most cops care about but that doesnít mean someone wonít try to ruin your life over it. They can, thatís why 922R exist. Stay legal
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2021, 12:03:29 PM »

as a previous post stated -- if they were not compliant -- they would not have been allowed in the country in the first place to be sold --- there is a lot of paperwork and time involved in importing any firearm -- so if not compliant -- what makes it so - as Kurt stated?

also there are three different / same shotguns being sold as different names -- I am aware that one was the brother of the guy manufacturing the Panzer -- all take the same mags
izmarkie
New Posting Member

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2021, 10:20:58 AM »

922R law is about a simple (and stupid) as it gets. Luckily itís not enforced much.
What makes the Panzer not in compliance?
100% of it!! NOTHING on a Panzer is 922R compliant!
This is important to know and if used to protect you home you need to have it right.
0% of the gun is made in the United States therefore the law states clear as day exactly what your responsibilities are if you buy it.
Thereís not a single law in existence saying importers or gun stores have to sell you a firearm brought up to code with current 922R compliance.
Look at surplus rifles, nothing on them is 922R. Theyíre old tools of war packed in grease. High end imports are mostly sold 922R but only as sales advantage, offer lifetime warranty and you pay for what you get. The work has been done for you.
922R states if you buy a import it canít have more then 10 imported compliance parts. This mean as soon as you take possession youíre responsible for making sure enough parts of the gun are removed or replaced with US made parts or itís illegal to have in your possession.
If you buy a panzer BP-12 itís sold to you under the assumption youíve played responsible gun owner and understand the gun laws.
Meaning if you buy it the pistol grip and hand guard need ripped off, the trigger, sear and hammer need to be removed and you can basically only use American magazines in it or factory mags with new replacement US made base plates and followers.
All will have to be modified because no one makes parts for it. Mostly because theyíre new, only have a 1 year warranty and large reputation for not covering warranty issues or standing behind the product at all what so ever.
I have one, I like it and itís a fun toy but thatís why itís not a $2000 Vepr or a $1500 Tavor. Itís a toy. I would recommend to others to buy one but they allow firearms to be sold not in compliance because the parts are legal to have just not put together. Itís dumb and the US parts are the same but truth is sad. The only reason they do it is because people buy them legally not understanding itís not legal the second they get it and that opens up opportunities to come arrest and collect money form people who arenít actually trying to break laws.
You can not legally have a Panzer as It was purchased in your possession. People do because itís likely not a issue most cops care about but that doesnít mean someone wonít try to ruin your life over it. They can, thatís why 922R exist. Stay legal

922R applies to assembling guns that are not legal to import from parts that are legal to import. It has nothing to do with complete firearms. With all the information available out there, it's astonishing that this kind of misinformation is still out there. Take three minutes to do your own research.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length