Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 02:32:04 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  9x39 MDR
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 9x39 MDR  (Read 786 times)
Bullpupsaway2

« on: September 07, 2018, 10:31:07 AM »

So total pipe dream given where we are at this point in time with the MDR. However, how rad would it be for a 9x39 MDR?! To my understanding, some of the rounds have made it into the country. We could have a full ambi and American SVU type rifle Wink
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 04:16:18 PM »

I think most of us would think it would be rad to just have a 5.56 MDR available.

AE
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »

So total pipe dream given where we are at this point in time with the MDR. However, how rad would it be for a 9x39 MDR?! To my understanding, some of the rounds have made it into the country. We could have a full ambi and American SVU type rifle Wink

I'll pass until ammunition is readily available.  Now, if I could get a barrel and bolt in 5.45x39, I'd buy that in an instant.

Kurt
TXAG96

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 09:50:19 PM »

Never happen but 300 BLK is made for similar purpose and is better in some ways. .308 win, 5.56x45, 6.5 Creedmoor, and 300 BLK are the only certain calibers at this point. Early on DT announced plans for 6.8 SPC and 7.62x39 but dropped them and I'd be surprised if those ever happened now. I'm trying to forget about the MDR. I got a refund and spent the money much better elsewhere. Will check back in a couple years.
Bullpupsaway2

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 02:10:36 AM »

Yea, I totally feel you guys.. Iíve been right there with you in the wings watching this happen. As far back as 2013/14, I was ready to put my money down for a 20 inch 308. When that wasnít possible, went for 5.56.. Glad I did, as at least one company is making after market barrels already. Iíll inquire about getting a bolt head and magazine catch for 7.62 and keep you updated, as that is the most realistic conversion any of us are willing to make at this point.
Bullpupsaway2

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 02:18:23 AM »

But still, as the MDR stabilizes as a platform, and I am seriously rooting for DT regardless of everything we have seen, I am excited for the full potential of their offering Smiley
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 01:16:04 PM »

But still, as the MDR stabilizes as a platform, and I am seriously rooting for DT regardless of everything we have seen, I am excited for the full potential of their offering Smiley

Itís a dead platform already. Itís a expensive boutique firearm now.
50BMG
^

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 08:29:07 PM »

I think it is extremely early to call the platform dead.. It is in it's early existence, time will tell.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length