Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2018, 10:38:34 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Top cover weldment
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Top cover weldment  (Read 375 times)
Business trooper
New Posting Member

« on: September 02, 2018, 04:19:07 PM »

Hey there, I'm looking to get and rfb. I was looking at the specs and saw that it is 8 pounds naked. I'm not a huge dude by any means an I was trying to brainstorm ways to reduce the weight. I h3ar that top covere weldment is steel. I was curious as to whether or not anyone has machined that part in aluminum to replace the original steel one to reduce weight. How hard would that be? What tools would be needed?  Any other ideas on how to reduce weight?
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 01:34:12 AM »

The steel right there is a safety precaution in case of a kaboom, and most .308s outside of AR-10s that've had a bit of either work or lightweight parts replacement will be around that weight as well.

The weight of the RFB is distributed extremely well though, as most bullpups tend to be. It's not as much of an issue as you may think.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:37:14 AM by Clarke-Sensei » Logged
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 01:17:16 PM »

The weight almost disappears when shouldering a bullpup. All the weight will be close to you body instead of extending out past your firing hand.

Shoulder one before you buy, bullpups are a totally different animal than standard rifles
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length