Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2018, 03:09:02 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  X95: Upgraded Rail, Sights, and Optic Mount?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X95: Upgraded Rail, Sights, and Optic Mount?  (Read 1034 times)
Bryan Bryan

« on: August 06, 2018, 09:24:39 PM »

I plan to pick up an X95 in 5.56 with an 18.5" barrel.

I plan to install the thin buttplate and a 1-6X24mm or 1-8X24mm scope with a 30mm diameter tube.

I want fixed iron sights or at least better flip-up sights, so a new rail might be needed too.

What rail, quick disconnect optic mount, and iron sights might work good here? Thanks.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 02:25:23 PM »

I actually like the factory back ups so I went with the factory short rail and short handguard when I had my X95. If you're looking for aftermarket the Gearhead Works rail and new front post allows you to use and standard AR15 rear sight. All QD mounts will work with aftermarket rails, just be aware Larue does not recommend using their mounts with the factory rails that do not have a full cross slot as theirs do not either and may damage the mount it rail.

AE
Bryan Bryan

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 08:50:12 PM »

Looks like Gearhead Works has some nice stuff.

I tend to like Midwest Industries, and I am interested in the MI-TX95XTRM Tavor X95 Extended Rail, M-LOK(TM) Compatible. I would like to mount an optic and some AR iron sights on it. Not sure which iron sights might work?
hyperpm

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 10:02:28 PM »

Just modded my X95 with new Manticore Arms cantilever frontend. This has the top raised rails as well. I have Primary Arms 1-8x ACSS optic. Even with the raised rails, I couldn't get comfortable with position and eye relief with cheek weld and stock butt pad sitting or standing. It seems even with the raised rail, the optic needed to be higher still. For my next range visit, I'm swapping optic with my Primary Arms 5x which sits a bit higher and installing the slimmer butt pad from Manticore Arms.
Bryan Bryan

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 10:30:41 PM »

Just modded my X95 with new Manticore Arms cantilever frontend. This has the top raised rails as well. I have Primary Arms 1-8x ACSS optic. Even with the raised rails, I couldn't get comfortable with position and eye relief with cheek weld and stock butt pad sitting or standing. It seems even with the raised rail, the optic needed to be higher still. For my next range visit, I'm swapping optic with my Primary Arms 5x which sits a bit higher and installing the slimmer butt pad from Manticore Arms.
I have the same optic. Hope there are some scope rings that will work with the MI rail to give a good height.
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 10:32:35 PM »

It seems even with the raised rail, the optic needed to be higher still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdXrF0bn2Cs

The curved buttpad raises the rifle in your shoulder witch would raise the optic.

hyperpm

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 10:54:02 PM »

It seems even with the raised rail, the optic needed to be higher still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdXrF0bn2Cs

The curved buttpad raises the rifle in your shoulder witch would raise the optic

Agree. My Meprolight M21 with flip up 3x works with current oem butt pad but once I put either the PA 5x or the 1-8X scopes it starts to feel weird maybe due to eye relief distance and height it seems. Hoping curved butt pad makes it more comfortable.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:58:01 PM by hyperpm » Logged
hyperpm

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 11:18:54 PM »

Primary Arms 1-8x ACSS with QD mount.

Primary Arms 5X ACSS + Holosun 503G.

Meprolight M21 + 3X magnifier not installed.

In case interested in the different optic setups I have. 16 inch barrel with Gemtech Patrolman Fake Suppressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:07:39 PM by hyperpm » Logged
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 10:26:56 PM »

In case interested in the different optic setups I have.

Looks good hyperpm.
 What optic setup of the 3 do you like the best?

I tried the PA 1X8 twice and each one they sent me was a duck. A bad ocular lens on one and 45 degree etching for ranging rather than 90 degree angles on the other. I was really disappointed. Maybe in the future I will try them again.

Anyways , what setup you like the best?

hyperpm

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 01:22:27 AM »

In case interested in the different optic setups I have.

Looks good hyperpm.
 What optic setup of the 3 do you like the best?

I tried the PA 1X8 twice and each one they sent me was a duck. A bad ocular lens on one and 45 degree etching for ranging rather than 90 degree angles on the other. I was really disappointed. Maybe in the future I will try them again.

Anyways , what setup you like the best?
Thanks, this set up I like the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rastoff

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 06:21:30 PM »

You need to swap that safety lever around to the right side.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
hyperpm

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 01:00:02 AM »

You need to swap that safety lever around to the right side.

agree, have one on the way with shelf https://www.bullpuparmory.com/product_p/pa-els-tavor.htm
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length