Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2018, 12:41:15 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Getting my first bullpup, the X95
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Getting my first bullpup, the X95  (Read 4125 times)
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2018, 09:15:38 AM »

😂. Well for now. Slowly, some states are becoming more anti gun unfortunately.

That's a good idea what the other guy suggested. Take out the bolt carrier. And store the bolt carrier some where else. and than put a cable lock. Just to make sure.
In generally, Americans doesn't need to lock their guns in a case.

Good ol' USA.

LLAP

Rastoff

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2018, 09:20:52 PM »

Any other options besides a cable lock like this?

Couldn't you just pull the bolt out and put it somewhere?
Be careful with this. Just pulling the bolt doesn't always satisfy the law. I'm not saying it doesn't fit sh00ter's situation, just be sure.

Is that your tavor? What country r u from?
Yes, my rifle and yes, from the US. Because of new laws in my state it doesn't look like that anymore. Not allowed a pistol grip.  Angry

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 09:30:39 PM »

If your from California it's even worse for bullpup owners.
They want u to pin or weld your break.
Any other options besides a cable lock like this?

Couldn't you just pull the bolt out and put it somewhere?
Is that your tavor? What country r u from?
Yes, my rifle and yes, from the US. Because of new laws in my state it doesn't look like that anymore. Not allowed a pistol grip.  Angry

LLAP

Hkbeltfed

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2018, 10:05:35 PM »

Surprised to see some of the responses in this thread. My SAR and X95 gassed me out so bad unsuppressed, I’ve given up on suppressing the platform. They’re gassier unsuppressed than my suppressed firearms.
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 11:12:22 PM »

Surprised to see some of the responses in this thread. My SAR and X95 gassed me out so bad unsuppressed, I’ve given up on suppressing the platform. They’re gassier unsuppressed than my suppressed firearms.

Might be a personal aspect. I know people who cough and tear up on a suppressed AR, while another will punch through it without noticing it.
Rastoff

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2018, 12:04:49 PM »

If your from California it's even worse for bullpup owners.
They want u to pin or weld your break.
Yes and no. I have to pin the muzzle device because of length. They need to be at least 30" over all length. If I had a longer barrel I wouldn't have to pin it.

I wonder if it's a rifle to rifle issue? I fee absolutely no gas on my face. I can't get a suppressor so, I can't speak to that. In stock configuration I have nothing from my X95 as I shoot. I've had several others shoot it and none of them have mentioned gas either.

Freedom isn't free.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2018, 05:44:47 PM »

I wished iwi would sell a longer barrel 20". That way I wouldn't have to pin my muzzle break.
On my sar, I don't get any gas face. Or at least not anymore than any other rifle flatform.
But I've never shot it suppressed cause the storage I live on doesn't allow it.
I did get the aftermarket case ejection port cover. 

LLAP

sh00ter

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2018, 04:09:52 AM »

Oh god, that sounds terrible.
Rastoff

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2018, 12:44:07 PM »

The human condition is an interesting thing, especially on the internet. We'll see hundreds of good reports about a product and take little note. Then just one report of an issue and people immediately jump up to say the whole product line is terrible.

This is probably part of a survival instinct. If an animal jumps at the sound of a leaf and it turns out to be nothing, no big deal. However, if they ignore the leaf sound and it turns out to be a predator, they're dead. Expecting and noticing the bad reports is a normal and natural response. But we are intelligent, thinking people. Don't let one report of an issue keep you from buying a great gun.

Obviously I'm only one data point. Still, if you look around this site and others, you'll find that the X95 is a great performer. If you look long enough you can find negative reports on everything. In this case, even if you do get a little gas at the ejection port cover, it's easily fixed with a little piece of electrical tape.

Freedom isn't free.
boscoman

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2018, 03:29:06 PM »

The human condition is an interesting thing, especially on the internet. We'll see hundreds of good reports about a product and take little note. Then just one report of an issue and people immediately jump up to say the whole product line is terrible.

This is probably part of a survival instinct. If an animal jumps at the sound of a leaf and it turns out to be nothing, no big deal. However, if they ignore the leaf sound and it turns out to be a predator, they're dead. Expecting and noticing the bad reports is a normal and natural response. But we are intelligent, thinking people. Don't let one report of an issue keep you from buying a great gun.

Obviously I'm only one data point. Still, if you look around this site and others, you'll find that the X95 is a great performer. If you look long enough you can find negative reports on everything. In this case, even if you do get a little gas at the ejection port cover, it's easily fixed with a little piece of electrical tape.

^^^^^^ well said. Couldn't agree more.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
l2a3

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2018, 09:23:58 PM »

Justly. push the two pins near the bottom of the stock and remove the hammer assembly. Should not shoot without the hammer group installed. But if someone does try to fire it, you will have problems reinstalling the hammer group.
sh00ter

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 05:06:25 AM »

Just got a message from the gov.
Last stage of the paperwork can take upto 4 months. God I wish I was in the US right now. Sad
rodspade

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2018, 03:01:50 PM »

The overall "feel" of my X95 improved dramatically when I replaced the thick U.S. buttpad with a curved one from Manticore Arms.  The length-of-pull was just too long for me with the "standard" buttpad, which isn't really IWI standard - it exists only because of stupid U.S. NFA laws.  (Yes, even the USA has stupid gun laws!)  If Belgian law allows, you might want to consider the Manticore buttpad, or even the original IWI one.  (I assume yours shipped with the thick US buttpad, if the US is where it came from.)
cciman

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2018, 05:39:56 PM »

The overall "feel" of my X95 improved dramatically when I replaced the thick U.S. buttpad with a curved one from Manticore Arms.  The length-of-pull was just too long for me with the "standard" buttpad, which isn't really IWI standard - it exists only because of stupid U.S. NFA laws.  (Yes, even the USA has stupid gun laws!)  If Belgian law allows, you might want to consider the Manticore buttpad, or even the original IWI one.  (I assume yours shipped with the thick US buttpad, if the US is where it came from.)

Human condition is prone to error and mistakes too.

There is always compromise, and balance, and you have to weigh what is appropriate for your needs.  Shorter and smaller are cool, until they are not.  Hope no one shoots their hand off.

I found the shortened buttpad allowed hot shells to leave bloody and painful marks on my chin when shooting from the other side.  Switched back, and my face stays beautiful without downside in shooting it.

4 mo wait isnt bad, good things come from waiting sometimes.  You will enjoy it more, whereas I can throw it ian the back of my trunk and forget that its there.
rodspade

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2018, 12:55:03 PM »

I found the shortened buttpad allowed hot shells to leave bloody and painful marks on my chin when shooting from the other side.  Switched back, and my face stays beautiful without downside in shooting it.

I put an aftermarket shell deflector on mine.  (I forget who made it.)  That helped, but it still kisses me a bit when shooting left handed.  Hopefully I'll stay beautiful.
sh00ter

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2018, 10:45:59 AM »

Still on the lookout for a case. Can someone please measure the "height" of the X95?
From the top rail to the bottom of the grip?

Thanks! Smiley
rodspade

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2018, 08:35:08 PM »

Still on the lookout for a case. Can someone please measure the "height" of the X95?

It's almost 8 inches (20.3 cm), and it fits just fine in my soft 38 inch "economy tactical" case.

https://www.bulldogcases.com/product/pit-bull-tactical-case-2/

* x95height.JPG (940.68 KB, 2576x1920 - viewed 97 times.)
sh00ter

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2018, 03:37:10 AM »

It's almost 8 inches (20.3 cm), and it fits just fine in my soft 38 inch "economy tactical" case.

https://www.bulldogcases.com/product/pit-bull-tactical-case-2/

Thank you so much for measuring.

The hard case from my original post will fit without my red dot, with 13cm / 5 inches to spare. Smiley
sh00ter

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2018, 10:19:05 AM »

I put an aftermarket shell deflector on mine.  (I forget who made it.)  That helped, but it still kisses me a bit when shooting left handed.  Hopefully I'll stay beautiful.

You mean the Manticore one?
rodspade

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2018, 12:21:32 PM »

You mean the Manticore one?

I think it was Percival.
https://www.bullpuparmory.com/product_p/pa-tavx95-shdef.htm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length