Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 14, 2018, 07:25:56 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  X95 IDF cocking bar handle now available
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: X95 IDF cocking bar handle now available  (Read 3064 times)
merlin1

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 01:14:07 PM »

i think you can still use your old standard cocking bar even if you installed the barrel band--anyone have an extra one of these---?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:43:48 PM by merlin1 » Logged
l2a3

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2018, 09:17:33 AM »

You will need to make a new hole for the operating/charging rod on the other side of  the "dust cover" so that the 2nd operating/charging rod can access the bolt.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:19:49 AM by l2a3 » Logged
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 04:28:26 PM »

You will need to make a new hole for the operating/charging rod on the other side of  the "dust cover" so that the 2nd operating/charging rod can access the bolt.

Or buy the one that Bullpup Armory sells with the dual openings. It's what I used when I had my X95 to have ambi charging handles.

AE
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2018, 12:41:34 AM »

i think you can still use your old standard cocking bar even if you installed the barrel band--anyone have an extra one of these---?

OP--Are you asking if you can use two charging handles at the same time or if you can still use the original one although you installed the barrel band for the IDF style charging handle? If you're asking the latter, I'm pretty sure that's true but I can double check if you want. As far as getting one is concerned, IWI should have them in stock AFAIK.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
merlin1

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2018, 12:30:56 PM »

no i think you can use the old style handle also if you dont like the curved one"even though you have barrel band installed"
merlin1

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2018, 12:32:42 PM »

ps  iwi is out but i scooped one from my canadian distributor--lol
merlin1

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2018, 12:34:41 PM »

so how did it work out to run double handles??"
merlin1

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2018, 05:33:53 AM »

haven't done the double yet
l2a3

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2018, 12:02:35 PM »

Charging handles on both sides work great for either hand firing. I have the IDF on the strong side and the standard one on the weak side.

I believe that both manuals, the owners and Armors misplaced a step or note for those who wish to only change charging handle side or have dual charging handles, and not change the rifle for right or left side shooter.

They put it in Section 13, step 4b instead of as step 2e.  

That is, removing a 3mm "general pin", Description, #9, near the front of the bolt carrier to allow the charging handle to have access to the bolt carrier. (Owners Manual Page 75, Step 5 and the illustration at the bottom of the page) .

Otherwise the charging handle rod WILL NOT to contact the recoil mechanism (bolt carrier) on the opposite side due to that 3mm pin preventing the rod to contact the bolt.  Removal of this pin will allow both charging handle rods to contact the bolt face.

"A BIG THANK YOU!" to Bullpup Armory for that note on the dual dust cover part bag. It made me start digging further into the manuals and find that "general pin" on the bolt carrier (recoil mechanism). Also be aware there are multiple "general pins" listed in the manuals, so make sure you find the correct one.

I hope this helps others trying to run dual charging handles/operating rods.
DubageL

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2018, 06:36:03 AM »

FYI, even if the website online store says out of stock give customer service a call. The guys are very nice and helpful over there. Lots of times they still have some stock in reserve for government/LEO customers and can still get you a part to get you up and running.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length