Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2018, 06:19:31 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  X95 IDF cocking bar handle now available
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X95 IDF cocking bar handle now available  (Read 1176 times)
BellatorInvictus

« on: July 21, 2018, 08:52:15 PM »

I just happened to notice this today...

https://iwi.us/product/tavor-x95-cocking-bar/

It's the older style of cocking bar for the X95. Oh yeah!! Mine is already on the way. Wink Looks like you have to remove the flash hider in order to install the barrel band, but overall, installation looks very straightforward. If you're like me and are using the short buttpad so your flash hider has already been pinned on and welded, you'll have to have the pin drilled out and flash hider removed so the barrel band can be installed and the flash hider re-permed. IWI has info about the installation in a PDF right there on the cocking bar product page.

I take this as a wonderful sign that IWI may be releasing other highly desired IDF-style X95 items in the near future... ROUND HANDGUARD, AHEM. Maybe we'll even get the OEM paracord loop and IDF top rails as well...

It's turning out to be a great summer for X95 enthusiasts! Thanks IWI!

* x95IDFcockingbar.png (204.17 KB, 937x270 - viewed 183 times.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:56:58 PM by BellatorInvictus » Logged

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Kevlar

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 10:39:48 PM »

I just installed on my X95

Well worth the money.  Fortunately I do not have a pinned FH.

The roll pin is a bit of a bugger to drive in.  The band is designed to rotate once installed, this allows the CH to be removed.

When your driving in the pin find some thing to place under the band to keep it from rotating.  I found the handle of a brass punch I had was perfect.

Also since it is angled forward it does not dig into your back as much when carrying the rifle on your back.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 12:23:33 AM »

I just installed on my X95

Well worth the money.  Fortunately I do not have a pinned FH.

The roll pin is a bit of a bugger to drive in.  The band is designed to rotate once installed, this allows the CH to be removed.

When your driving in the pin find some thing to place under the band to keep it from rotating.  I found the handle of a brass punch I had was perfect.

Also since it is angled forward it does not dig into your back as much when carrying the rifle on your back.

Awesome--that's all great to know, thanks.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
THX1138

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 02:53:28 PM »

Is there much difference with this CH than the default one?
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 07:01:08 PM »

Is there much difference with this CH than the default one?

Yes there is. The handle is more curved, and when fully seated, is positioned more forward so it doesn't dig into your back like the standard one does, as Kevlar pointed out. Also, it functions a little differently. The standard one just pulls back and goes forward without any movement in the handle itself; with the IDF style, the handle actually rotates back first, unlocking the bolt from the barrel, before it begins to move backwards. If you have an original Tavor SAR, you'll be familiar with how this works.

Pantera

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 08:28:14 PM »

I like the design of this IDF style handle. My FH was pinned when I went with the short butt pad. Would it be possible to just remove the pin holding the original handle and replace it with the IDF handle and a new pin?
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 03:01:23 PM »

I like the design of this IDF style handle. My FH was pinned when I went with the short butt pad. Would it be possible to just remove the pin holding the original handle and replace it with the IDF handle and a new pin?

I don't think that would work out. The curved IDF handle is made to fit with that rotating steel piece behind it--it wouldn't look right without that, if it's even possible to just swap the plastic handles. I'd just recommend having ADCO de-perm and remove the flash hider, install the barrel band and the re-perm the flash hider again. Should be easy enough to have them take care of it all. You'll have to provide them with the PDF directions for installing the barrel band that IWI has up on their site.

Kevlar

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 10:31:04 PM »

Pantera

No it would not work.

The band does a couple thing

1.  There is a hole with detent that the CH rod locks into

2.  The band is a flat surface that the CH cams off of giving mechanical advantage with the first movement unlocking the bolt.

Also on the new CH you can see a little tab to the rear of the CH.  some have called this a “forward assist” but it is not like a FA on an M4 for example.  Because the CH cams it does not simple push forward when you lock the bolt to the rear.  You have to push forward on that tab at the base of the CH to get it to slide forward.  Other wise the CH cams forward and binds in the track.

Not sure if I explained that properly ?
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 10:04:51 PM »

Got my IDF cocking bar today. Looks great! Hopefully the round handguard will be next!

* idf1.jpg (68.16 KB, 640x480 - viewed 175 times.)

* idf2.JPG (101.2 KB, 640x480 - viewed 173 times.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:07:02 PM by BellatorInvictus » Logged

sh00ter

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 10:27:44 AM »

Got my IDF cocking bar today. Looks great! Hopefully the round handguard will be next!

Looks really great! So with the round handguard and the "normal" grip, this will look identical to the IDF version?
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 03:53:15 PM »

Looks really great! So with the round handguard and the "normal" grip, this will look identical to the IDF version?

Thank you! It's definitely coming along. With the IDF round handguard, yes, it will look almost identical to the IDF's Micro Tavor. I don't want the hassle of owning NFA firearms, but if I did, I would SBR this in a heartbeat so it would have the proper 13" barrel. This rifle is hands-down my favorite firearm and it is my primary home defense weapon.

Aside from the front handguard and IDF cocking bar, there are a few other pieces that are necessary to IDF-ize the American X95. I'll attach a picture below where I've circled the main parts needed for a classic X95 IDF clone. The sling and paracord are the only other main things you need. You can find Israeli-style slings on Ebay and from Zahal. I was lucky and scored an original IDF-issued sling straight from a militaria dealer in Israel.

* X95_600px_for_website copy.jpg (141.64 KB, 600x600 - viewed 93 times.)

sh00ter

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 11:31:24 PM »

Thank you! It's definitely coming along. With the IDF round handguard, yes, it will look almost identical to the IDF's Micro Tavor. I don't want the hassle of owning NFA firearms, but if I did, I would SBR this in a heartbeat so it would have the proper 13" barrel. This rifle is hands-down my favorite firearm and it is my primary home defense weapon.

Aside from the front handguard and IDF cocking bar, there are a few other pieces that are necessary to IDF-ize the American X95. I'll attach a picture below where I've circled the main parts needed for a classic X95 IDF clone. The sling and paracord are the only other main things you need. You can find Israeli-style slings on Ebay and from Zahal. I was lucky and scored an original IDF-issued sling straight from a militaria dealer in Israel.

Very nice.

I hope you'll get that round handguard soon. There aren't many of those in civilian hands I pressume.

Anyway I've seen a few photos on Google of what appear to be IDF soldiers with a "normal" X95. Is the "normal" X95 also in use in the IDF?
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 08:18:32 PM »

Very nice.

I hope you'll get that round handguard soon. There aren't many of those in civilian hands I pressume.

Anyway I've seen a few photos on Google of what appear to be IDF soldiers with a "normal" X95. Is the "normal" X95 also in use in the IDF?

Thanks--I hope so too! It's frustrating because clone-wise, it's almost there... but hopefully it will happen soon. I know IWI US has gotten some of them in because I've seen them in a few pics here and there and on some of IWI's demo rifles (for example, in Larry Vicker's video on the X95 you can see one with the IDF handguard. Colion Noir tested one out with the IDF handguard too). But I think you have to have some connection with IWI to have gotten one already. I know they haven't made any available to the general public, and the last I heard is that it's in danger of becoming a discontinued part over in Israel. The only way to get one then would be Israeli surplus, and good luck with that...

To answer your question, there are a few variations of what's considered a "normal" IDF X95. There is the standard one with a 13" barrel, Mepro M21 sight and MX3 magnifier adaptor. This is the one that anyone who has ever Googled "IDF X95" has seen. There is also a version with a longer barrel called the X95L, which has an ACOG sight on it. And more recently, the IDF is adopting a front handguard similar in style to the current US handguard. It looks slightly different, however, and does not have quick-release rail covers. What constitutes a "normal" IDF X95 therefore is somewhat subjective, but yes, I'd say the version with the round handguard, 13" barrel and M21 sight is what I envision when I think of the IDF's standard weapon.

* vicx95.png (640.6 KB, 1117x584 - viewed 66 times.)

sh00ter

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 08:38:33 AM »

Thanks--I hope so too! It's frustrating because clone-wise, it's almost there... but hopefully it will happen soon. I know IWI US has gotten some of them in because I've seen them in a few pics here and there and on some of IWI's demo rifles (for example, in Larry Vicker's video on the X95 you can see one with the IDF handguard. Colion Noir tested one out with the IDF handguard too). But I think you have to have some connection with IWI to have gotten one already. I know they haven't made any available to the general public, and the last I heard is that it's in danger of becoming a discontinued part over in Israel. The only way to get one then would be Israeli surplus, and good luck with that...

To answer your question, there are a few variations of what's considered a "normal" IDF X95. There is the standard one with a 13" barrel, Mepro M21 sight and MX3 magnifier adaptor. This is the one that anyone who has ever Googled "IDF X95" has seen. There is also a version with a longer barrel called the X95L, which has an ACOG sight on it. And more recently, the IDF is adopting a front handguard similar in style to the current US handguard. It looks slightly different, however, and does not have quick-release rail covers. What constitutes a "normal" IDF X95 therefore is somewhat subjective, but yes, I'd say the version with the round handguard, 13" barrel and M21 sight is what I envision when I think of the IDF's standard weapon.

Again, nice. I hope you'll get your parts soon. I wish I could "remodel" my X95. I paid almost 3k euro for my X95; There's no money left for remodelling.
Had to settle for a cheap *ss red dot. I might save up for the pistol style grip.. not sure about that one.

An original IDF sling would be cool. I'll check out eBay and Zahal.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 08:41:12 AM by sh00ter » Logged
DubageL

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 01:30:57 PM »

Just got it installed. Wasn’t to bad. But not as smooth as my broken in one yet.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 02:45:40 PM »

Just got it installed. Wasn’t to bad. But not as smooth as my broken in one yet.

Nice. I noticed the same thing. It's a tighter fit than the original one, but it's already wearing in and getting smoother.

l2a3

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 10:10:11 AM »

Ordered one on Sunday and received it on Wednesday. Had it installed within 30 Minutes. I and everyone else who tried it liked it. My only concern is that there are more moving parts to wear/break. Their engineering and design team did a good job with that "charging handle" setup.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length