Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 01:47:51 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  New Bullpup Shotgun?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Bullpup Shotgun?  (Read 952 times)
The Deacon

« on: July 13, 2018, 01:18:54 AM »

Ran across a new one being imported by EAA, the MKA 1923. Anyone have any experience with it yet?
Put one on layaway, doesn't seem to be a bad deal as far as price. The shop owner and I were curious enough that we stripped it completely down and other than a miserable trigger ( that also seems to be fixable ) it looks like it might work.

When he gets back from a trip on Tuesday we will be taking it into the range for a workout.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 04:49:24 PM »

Looks like a Tavor and a Saiga shacked up for a weekend in Vegas.

http://eaacorp.com/guns/long-guns/mka-1923-430

Kurt
FS2000OD
^

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 12:29:43 AM »

Just saw these pop up at one of my distributors today so I ordered one for the store.  Anxious to look it over.  My guess is it is likely the MKA 1919 action in a bullpup configuration, more or less.  Seems to use same mags from what I can find in images.  That would be good as there are already a variety of higher cap mags available for the 1919.  Its pretty darn cheap for a bullpup semi-auto shotgun too.  I did the math and we should have it priced around $630 regular price.  I might pick one up when our big hunting season kick off ad comes out in a month or month and a half.  We typically run all shotguns 10-15% off around that time.  Anyway, once I get it in hand I will post a quick first impressions as well.

-FN-H FS2000 Tactical OD (Upgraded+Eotech 512/G33)
-FN-H PS90 Standard LE (Just a sling, Form 1 next)
-Steyr AUG A3 OD (Upgraded+9mm 6th Gen Kit)
-Other Stuff (no AR's, no Glocks Cheesy)
scstrain

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 08:40:52 AM »

Handled one at a gun show last week end.  Was very impressed.  Hopefully someone will come out with enough U.S. made replacement parts (922R) so a larger then 5 shot magazine can be used.
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 11:11:03 PM »

Ran across a new one being imported by EAA, the MKA 1923. Anyone have any experience with it yet?
Put one on layaway, doesn't seem to be a bad deal as far as price. The shop owner and I were curious enough that we stripped it completely down and other than a miserable trigger ( that also seems to be fixable ) it looks like it might work.

When he gets back from a trip on Tuesday we will be taking it into the range for a workout.

That's a sexy shotgun.  Looking forward to a range review.  Keep us informed!

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
Heathsrow
^

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 10:33:39 PM »

Looks interesting...
The Deacon

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 10:58:26 PM »

Took it into the range and we ran about 30 rounds of #6 2 3/4 through it. Recoil is negligible with the big rubber butt pad. Trigger is not as bad as some bullpups I've had but needs to be lightened and smoothed just a bit. Ergonomics though are a little odd. It appears to have been designed for those of a shorter stature than 6' tall. Getting a proper cheek weld to use the iron sights requires getting the weapon up on your shoulder a bit further than usual but again, the soft pad makes for no discomfort . Has screw in Remington style chokes and comes with three. 
The Deacon

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 12:30:23 AM »

The three chokes are Full, Modified and Improved Cylinder. The tool for changing the chokes is included as is a case to store them.  A pair of gas rings are included for light and heavy loads, as well as the tool to change them. Changing out the gas rings requires weapon tear down and reassembly, which is the first minus against it. They give you a thumb rule for the gas rings of " heavy " as any load over 1300FPS and " light" as anything up to 1300 FPS. With a 20" barrel and an overall length of 29.5 inches it is an interesting example of what seems to be a compromise between a sporting and tactical shotgun. Having never used a shotgun for hunting I can only look at the tactical side and it is lacking a bit for my tastes. Not too critically, but that I will get to in another post. The magazines look like the MKA 1919 magazines but the ones from a 1919 he had in stock would not lock in. Apparently there is a lock tab on the front that is missing on the 1919 mags.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 12:37:38 AM by The Deacon » Logged
The Deacon

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 03:22:29 PM »

Loss of internet service makes it a bit difficult to post, will return as soon as the provider makes it work again.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length