Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 02:44:49 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Need some advice on selling some firearms components
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need some advice on selling some firearms components  (Read 670 times)
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: July 11, 2018, 03:40:30 PM »

Okay, so I am kind of trying to figure some stuff out, and folks here are pretty knowledgeable and experienced.

I have some AR15 components I'm trying to sell fast, and I don't know how they should be sold and how much I should list them at since I can't necessarily find all the info, and they can be sold in different manners.

I have a Bushmaster complete 20" upper with fixed carry handle and A2 handguards. It's a complete upper for an M16A2 clone. It has the charging handle and BCG. The BCG is the semi-auto type, but not the type with the cut all the way down it, if that makes sense. It is, however, very properly staked as the punched material goes well into the screw. This upper only had less than 200 rounds through it before I replaced it with an A4 upper. I cannot find any listings for this type of upper by Bushmaster online, so I don't know what a good price would be. I would of course post a lesser price on all my items as they are used. Also, should I sell the BCG and handle separately?

I also have a BCM A4 flattop upper with no BCG or charging handle, but it has the KAC M16A4 handguard with 3 half length panels. It's meant to be a perfect A4gery. The issue here is that I hated the bright white BCM logo, so I used black Krylon spray paint over it  Sad   This upper only has about 100 rounds through it before I finally decided on my short 6920 M4 style upper. I understand that the KAC handguard is a nice piece and goes for decent, but should I sell it as part of the upper, or separate?

Lastly, I have the simple Bushmaster M16A2 style stock with spring and buffer.

Like I said, I'm trying to sell this stuff fast, but also don't want to get screwed selling them all for like 5 bucks in my desperate bid to offload them.

Any ideas on how I should handle this?

I appreciate it.
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 06:46:56 PM »

Okay, so I just sold the Bushmaster complete upper half with BCG and charging handle for $270. Lots of people snatched for that one, so I guess it was a better deal than I thought.

And I just sold the A2 style stock, spring and buffer for $50, so thankfully that is gone, lol.

Now for the BCM upper with the KAC M5 RAS.  Hmm. This will be a tough sell I think.
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 09:00:53 PM »

So it seems spray paint is removable using Acetone, Brake Cleaner, Goof Off, etc. I don't remember if I used Krylon or Rustoleum spray paint, but I only painted precisely a small rectangle directly over the BCM logo on the upper receiver. So if I can remove that with no damage to the receiver, I will have a pristine perfect BCM upper to sell!
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 11:22:26 PM »

Still welcoming tips or advice though..
Jack Flag

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 04:08:16 AM »

List 'em separately ad together. Just see what sells first. That BCM upper is $439 retail as is. The KAC M5 RAS rail I sold  recently went for $175 (and it was painted over).
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 06:16:32 AM »

List 'em separately ad together. Just see what sells first. That BCM upper is $439 retail as is. The KAC M5 RAS rail I sold  recently went for $175 (and it was painted over).

$175? I see new ones going for well over $300 in some places, $100 used in others. You said it was painted over, like you spray canned it? Is that why you sold it low? From what I've been reading, spray paint can be removed from firearms without too much effort, especially the metal parts. I'm going to experiment with acetone or brake cleaner or what have you for my BCM receiver.
Jack Flag

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 05:19:15 PM »

$175? I see new ones going for well over $300 in some places, $100 used in others. You said it was painted over, like you spray canned it? Is that why you sold it low? From what I've been reading, spray paint can be removed from firearms without too much effort, especially the metal parts. I'm going to experiment with acetone or brake cleaner or what have you for my BCM receiver.

Some places might be trying to sell the m5 RAS for $300.But I doubt they sell. I see them listed for sale on sites and on GB for $180 or so. I paid $155 for mine when I bought it. I used it a little, painted it with Krylon. I didn't feel like taking the time to remove the paint. But yes, I've used acetone, etc to remove spray paint before. Getting it out of all the nooks and crannies can be a pain.
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 03:58:26 PM »

looks like your closing shop --I know you can not list these item on CL but  you get around the evil words they don't like and post them in a garage sale listing - you will get a large turnout and get higher if not even retail prices on some items --- good luck
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 07:46:38 PM »

Woah, never even considered that for the very reason you mentioned. Hmm. I didn't know CL had much of a firearm community.

I have sold nearly everything. But I still have my BCM 20" upper with KAC M5 RAS rail. I also have a M21 Mepro sight that I'm trying to sell.

How would I word the BCM upper listing so that so I would clue in AR people, but confound the average person and CL monitors?

My Headine: For Military History Buffs, Historic Vietnam Militaria!!

I have some replicas of tools that were used by Vietnam era soldiers.
It is a black aluminum upper section metal housing with 20" attached steel tube which is chrome lined. This device is similar as to what was used by troops to assist in the aiming of their munitions! It comes with modernized gripping Email me to discuss!!   ; -)

Would that work?

semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 08:31:39 PM »

email sent -- not able to --- PM sent
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length