Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2018, 08:56:39 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  What justifies the cost/inclusion of the 300blk BCG in the conversion kit?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What justifies the cost/inclusion of the 300blk BCG in the conversion kit?  (Read 240 times)
Kenndapp
^

« on: July 08, 2018, 09:22:02 PM »

That is to say.... why on earth canít I simply purchase a 300blk barrel for less than the cost of half of an x95? Why do I need a new BCG, bolt, and top rail? Are they not identical to whatís in/on my 556 x95? If the answer is ďheadspaceĒ then why no bolt and barrel purchase options? What am I missing here? Why does Iwi insist I purchase douplicat  components that drastically drive cost up to a point of diminishing returns?

If Iím seeing this correctly then...

Would anyone like to sell me a 300blk barrel? Or trade for an interesting 556 barrel? Itís  cut around 14.5 with perm pinned fortis break and blast shield puts you just past a legal non NFA 26Ē all in... break shield and all. Runs dreamy. Looks sexy.
cciman

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 11:00:48 PM »

Have you called and asked IWI?  They do answer the phone.

Perhaps they can cut you a deal on a package without the rail, or quote price for ala carte over the phone.

or

You could buy a whole 300blk rifle and sell yours, break near even then, minus usage + customization tax.
Kenndapp
^

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 11:16:56 PM »

I have emailed them. Still waiting a response. I have voiced my frustrations and asked for a simple barrel and case deflector. It would be nice if they let one go but I donít see it happening. Iím still unclear if there is in fact any difference in the BCGís though.
konigstigerii

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 08:06:09 PM »

I know the rail is different for access to the gas adjustment. The bolt carrier I'm guessing is because they have a different rate spring on it... and its not easily removable...or the weight of the carrier is different? but I agree, sell just the bolt and barrel. You can do that with 5.56, should be able to do it with 300. With modern manufacturing, they should be able to hold head space and interchangeability like the AR15 bolt and barrels...probably a lawyer said no to that... Hopefully IWI will start selling all the individual pieces, I emailed about just the gas piston tip, and they don't just that part Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length