Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2018, 11:03:36 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Shot my NFA AUG in 9mm yesterday...some observations...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shot my NFA AUG in 9mm yesterday...some observations...  (Read 405 times)
tsh77769

« on: July 03, 2018, 02:30:12 AM »

This guns was set up (in 5.56) and the sear timed by Pete Athens. I can not possibly say enough great things about him and how awesome and helpful he has been on my AUG journey.

The cyclic rate is high. I don't know what it is but it is high.

However it was controllable on account of good ergonomics and heavy weight.

I have a FA 9mm stock but I was not able to get it to fit my A3 SA receiver. I hand filed down the top hump and that went well and it started going onto the receiver. However, it would not quite go far enough for the cross piece locking block to clear, close but no cigar. I was able to determine that it was not the hump still interfering but was not able to determine what it was so I stopped.

I'm going to have to contact Pete Athens about this for some help I don;t want to screw up the stock.

If I understand correctly the main difference between a 9mm stock and a 5.56 stock is an enlarged ejection port and a deflector. Other than that they are allegedly the same. So...

I ran the 9mm in full auto out of the 5.56 stock. It was perfect. The only issue I had was a mag issue with a Mp-69 mag which was old and used. All of the new actual AUG 9mm mags worked perfect.

Steyr AUG 9mm mags are stupid expensive and 25rds when 30 is standard everywhere else is disappointing. I have told Steyr that if they would make an adapter using their pistol mags and an extended mag for them to share, that would be most welcomed (eve if it was only 25rds again more affordable and sharing between pistol and SMG would be awesome).

IIRC there are only about 200 6th gen 9mm kits and another 100 or so before that and all of those 300 or so kits are semi-auto. I had to special order the 9mm full auto parts and get them special imported from Austria via Pete Athens (did I mention he was awesome?).

Steyr AUG full autos are rare enough but in 9mm they are almost unheard of, almost. I think I probably have one of a dozen AUG's running 9mm in full auto in civilian hands.

I have to say the mags almost kill it. If it used Steyr pistol mags, or Glock mags, it would be freaking amazing!!

tsh77769
ttarp

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 11:30:55 AM »

Ah, you think 9mm AUG magazines are expensive?  Look up Hk93 mags, or for a real shock, Hk SL6/7 mags.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd love to see a video if you had one handy.  Either way, thanks for sharing.
fadaldude

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 03:13:33 PM »

DS Arms has brand new magazines for $50.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-13690-steyr-mpi-6981-32-round-magazine-brand-new.aspx

DMays

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 09:41:44 PM »

What is the reliability of the MPI mags in the 9mm AUG?

I ask as I seem to remember mention of MPI mags being less than 100%.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length