Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 03:03:14 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  X95 trigger slap?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X95 trigger slap?  (Read 685 times)
metroplex

« on: July 01, 2018, 01:45:45 PM »

I installed the X95 trigger pack into my SAR, and I noticed there is more trigger slap with the X95 trigger pack. I can feel it very prominently while dry firing compared to the stock trigger pack. Has anyone else observed this? If I hold the trigger down while the hammer gets reset by the moving parts group, it's not noticeable. But if I release the trigger either partway or fully but still keep my finger on the trigger, it slaps my index finger like an AK47. The stock trigger pack does this a little but not nearly as much as with the X95.
cciman

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 04:54:17 PM »

Try firing it for real to see if this is really a problem, or just a creepy clown in the woods.
downeyg

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 08:27:13 AM »

Does it really matter?  The rifle is a defensive weapon that will be used quickly and under stress.  If you are pressed into using this rifle to defend yourself or family, you will be pumped up on adrenaline to the point where you would be lucky to feel the trigger.  Do we sometimes loose sight of the purpose and design intent of our equipment?  I think so.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 06:44:23 PM by downeyg » Logged
metroplex

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 09:36:33 AM »

Does it really matter?  The rifle is a defensive weapon that will be used quickly and under stress.  If you are pressed into sing this rifle to defend yourself or family, you will be pumped up on adrenaline to the point where you would be lucky to feel the trigger.  Do we sometimes loose sight of the purpose and design intent of our equipment?  I think so.

The Tavor is a range toy for me. I wouldn't use it for a defensive weapon. So yes, it does matter to me. I will say that after installing the Geissele Lightning Bow, the slap is gone/reduced to the same level as with the SAR trigger pack. The pull is 4.5 pounds now, so I'm fairly satisfied.

The last weapon I had trigger slap was the VEPR with the stock Robinson 2-stage trigger group. The slap was so bad that my index finger was actually hurting a little after a range session.
Border Dave
^

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 10:31:27 AM »

How do you get trigger slap while dry firing?  It was my understanding that trigger slap is caused when the bolt carrier returns to battery and strikes one of the trigger components.

As far as trigger slap in the VEPR, install a CMC modular trigger to eliminate it.  I had to do that with my WASR and now it shoots great!
metroplex

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 12:50:17 PM »

How do you get trigger slap while dry firing?  It was my understanding that trigger slap is caused when the bolt carrier returns to battery and strikes one of the trigger components.

I'd dry fire, then use the charging handle to reset the trigger pack/hammer and release the charging handle while keeping my finger on the trigger to hold it. I do this to test for proper trigger reset, safety, etc...

As far as trigger slap in the VEPR, install a CMC modular trigger to eliminate it.  I had to do that with my WASR and now it shoots great!

I think I went with a Tapco G2 and it was a remarkable improvement. This was probably over a decade ago, so the CMC kit might not have been around.
cciman

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 12:56:49 PM »

There are 2 grind cuts on the profile of the trigger hook that one can make on the AK trigger to improve  it:  one eliminates the slap, the other reduces double tap.  You can find this on the internet.

I did this years ago with 3 of my AK's, never had to buy an aftermarket trigger.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length