Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 02:02:40 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Tavor SAR w/ X95 pack - trigger pull weight
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tavor SAR w/ X95 pack - trigger pull weight  (Read 848 times)
metroplex

« on: June 30, 2018, 10:04:33 PM »

I have a Tavor SAR from 2014 and never really liked the trigger. I couldn't measure the pull weight because it was off the scale of my trigger pull tool. I decided to go with the X95 fire control group and it was a remarkable difference. Now it measures 7.5 pounds, but is still mushy because of the trigger slop.

Does 7.5 pounds sound about right for a SAR w/ the X95 trigger pack? I bought the trigger pack directly from IWI and observed that it is definitely different from my SAR pack (hammer is different, sits lower when charged/locked) and does not have that extra spring.

I plan to install the Geissele Lightning Bow although it seems fine right now.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 11:39:09 PM »

The sar trigger pack is about 9 to 11lbs.
The x95 trigger packs are much lighter. From what I read, the x95 is about 6 to 7lb.
If I'm not mistaken, the lighting bow doesn't make the trigger lighter but it serves another purpose.
Maybe it has to do with take up of the trigger and gets rid of that I think.
I have the lighting bow and the geissele trigger pack installed on my sar and IMO, it's feels great.
But I will admit, I was getting use to the sar trigger. But definitely a night and day difference between the sar trigger pack Vs geissele trigger pack
I have a Tavor SAR from 2014 and never really liked the trigger. I couldn't measure the pull weight because it was off the scale of my trigger pull tool. I decided to go with the X95 fire control group and it was a remarkable difference. Now it measures 7.5 pounds, but is still mushy because of the trigger slop.

Does 7.5 pounds sound about right for a SAR w/ the X95 trigger pack? I bought the trigger pack directly from IWI and observed that it is definitely different from my SAR pack (hammer is different, sits lower when charged/locked) and does not have that extra spring.

I plan to install the Geissele Lightning Bow although it seems fine right now.

LLAP

RebellionOnIce

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 12:32:50 AM »

I have the X95 pack with the lightning bow trigger in my SAR and you can expect around 5.45#. The bow will take up most of the slop.
Forward to 23:00 of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EIXoxlTLGU
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 12:41:10 AM by rjhyland » Logged
metroplex

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 06:31:09 AM »

So I am at 7.5 pounds right now without the LB. Does that sound right? I thought it was supposed to go down more like 5 to 6 lb
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 09:36:25 AM »

That sounds about right.
Forward to 13:20 in this clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZDiY-NvE3g

The stock SAR trigger and pack is 9+ pounds.
Add the X95 pack with the stock trigger and your in the 7's.
Add the bow and it will drop your weight  into the 5's.
Add the Geissele trigger pack and that will drop it into the 3's.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 11:38:41 AM by rjhyland » Logged
metroplex

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 12:08:05 PM »

Thanks for those links! I just wanted to double check because IWI's website seemed to hint that the X95 pack would drop it even more versus stock. So it looks like I should expect about 5 lb and change with the X95 trigger pack and Lightning Bow.
metroplex

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 01:44:12 PM »

I also noticed there is more trigger slap with the X95 trigger pack. I can feel it very prominently while dry firing compared to the stock trigger pack. Has anyone else observed this?
metroplex

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 04:32:43 PM »

I just wanted to post an update for posterity and in case anyone was following.

My SAR with the X95 measured about 7.5 lb
After installing the Lightning Bow and removing the free play, I'm at about 4.5 lb.

It feels significantly crisper and cleaner. I didn't have to remove any material, as there was actually a lot of play with the Lightning Bow inserted into the gun body. My SAR was made early 2014. I did notice that if I moved the trigger pin around just a bit to have it seat better against the retaining spring, the trigger became completely free of resistance. It felt tight when the pin was initially inserted.

This was overall a very cool mod, and I guess it took me 4 years to actually look into this as I don't shoot the Tavor very much.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length