Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2018, 07:02:45 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  .5.56 MDR delayed two months
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: .5.56 MDR delayed two months  (Read 1346 times)
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: June 29, 2018, 04:23:31 PM »

My order went from July to September. They just announced it being delayed on their Facebook and YouTube.
reason

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 08:04:05 PM »

I cant find any such announcement...?
GoShort

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 01:09:37 PM »

I saw 3rd qtr fir being caught up with the backlog and that 5.56 was ready to go into production and it should move in larger quantity than the 308 because leassons learned and ramp up being done. My 5.56 conversation always said sept.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

aphex4000
^

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 01:15:46 PM »

Here is the link to the Youtube video in case anyone is looking for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txg8zWCB5tg
DOWNS

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 07:31:03 PM »

At least they didn't say two weeks  Roll Eyes
Mont81
New Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 11:33:30 AM »

My order got pushed back from August to October when they gave their Apr. 30 update. My order continues to say mid October.  It sounds like the initial 223 orders are delayed (from June 30 update) but mine isn't. I assume initial production is delayed a bit, but they anticipate ramping up production at a faster pace than they did/are doing with the 308.  Of course, all of this is conjecture.
GoShort

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 03:09:22 PM »

Once they finish getting out the 308 backlog  they will only need to do batches as they run low. So i would think almost all MDR production would switch to 5.56 and since the only real difference is the bolt head, ejector/chute plates, and barrel/gas block they should be going super quick

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Chief Master

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 09:29:14 AM »

I called DT yesterday to check on the status of my 5.56 order, and I was told two things: The 5.56 rifles will start shipping in September, and my rifle (which is in the middle of the pack) will ship in October.

We shall see.
jreffner

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 11:08:49 AM »

Since I initially ordered my 5.56 MDR it has gone from July to October and was now just changed to December.

If the gun laws change here before my MDR is released, I assume that I would be subject to any such changes that happen before I get my rifle, correct?

Thanks you
reason

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 01:47:22 PM »

I called DT yesterday to check on the status of my 5.56 order, and I was told two things: The 5.56 rifles will start shipping in September, and my rifle (which is in the middle of the pack) will ship in October.

We shall see.

When did you preorder? I’d like to know approx what the “middle” of the orders are.
Chief Master

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 03:54:02 PM »

We shall see.
When did you preorder? I’d like to know approx what the “middle” of the orders are.

20 July 2016, paid in full direct to DT through their military individual purchase program.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 04:47:29 PM »

Since I initially ordered my 5.56 MDR it has gone from July to October and was now just changed to December.

If the gun laws change here before my MDR is released, I assume that I would be subject to any such changes that happen before I get my rifle, correct?

Thanks you

You don't own a firearm until you do the 4473.  What are you anticipating changing in the next 120 days or so?

Kurt
jreffner

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 07:08:21 PM »

Kurt,

I’m not  anticipating any law specifically. It just seems like there are a lot of -ones out there now which may go into affect in the near future. I just wanted to make sure I get it before a negative law comes into effect that may impact the purchase.

Jim
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length