Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2019, 04:59:15 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  DT Sponsored MDR Q&A thread.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: DT Sponsored MDR Q&A thread.  (Read 29701 times)
ney1
^

« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2019, 12:31:00 AM »

To all,
We have worked with Karl, Ian, and Mike (Garand Thumb) to resolve the gas issue they experienced with the evaluation MDR rifle and will be returning the rifle to them.  We did discover improvements that needed to be made to the 6-hole valve and I appreciate their feedback about their negative experience with the MDR.  Although it gets frustrating each time because we think we have everything perfect and a new snag is discovered it is very valuable to get that feedback so that we can continually improve our products and the experiences customers have with our products.  We will be posting a detailed video response to the In-Range Tv and Garand Thumb video reviews with the corrective action we have taken.  Fortunately our resolution solved the malfunction issues with Garand Thumb but unfortunately it was tested after all of his video content had already been filmed.  

This will be my last posting in the bullpup forum, for all future product updates please follow us on youtube, facebook, or instagram.  You can also call our office for service if you need anything in the future.

Sincerely

Nick Young
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:51:59 AM by ney1 » Logged

Toy Maker and CEO of Desert Tech, LLC
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2019, 01:25:31 AM »

ney1,

Thank you for the update.
Jwill

« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2019, 02:35:09 AM »

Huh, guess nobody here had experienced those issues before thank goodness some notable youtubers were able to provide this honest and completely unheard of feedback.
Bullpupsaway2
^

« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2019, 04:14:20 AM »

Hereís to hoping that the issues with the MDR are ironed out and a viable weapon is produced. We are all rooting for you! While the comments section here may be dominated by a few less than ideal commentators, there are quite a lot of people who come here watching in the wings for information about the MDR. As someone who has been following from day one and has had money down for over 3 years, the design of the MDR certainly has my attention. You have the opportunity to produce a product that will tear me and others from ARís to produce a new market segment. You know this.. and I wish you the best! With that said, I sincerely hope some semblance of reality exists within the confines of your business. The MDR is already a pariah in a totally real sense.. A large gamut of shooters from very professional to in depth civilian marksmen have experienced significant problems with their weapons. While I donít know your true sampling and return rate, my first hand experience with the weapon in every instance has been less than ideal.. In all honesty, and with a new product, thatís totally to be expected from my end. No one, most of all you, wants that.. and itís understandable... You are a small company and are grinding through a product launch with unforeseen problems in developing an entirely new intellectual property. We know you have the ability to pull this off Desert Tech, and the SRS is a testament to the that! Donít sweat the blind haters but please know that your communications are obviously less than ideal. While you may be leaving the bullpupforum, I urge you to improve your communications and your statement above provides much to be desired for the many customers who are truly dedicated to the success  of your product. Mass media is a double edged sword, and you are looking at 500,000 views on the most recent videos.. I wish you the best in your response in SHOWING us you can do this, we want you to succeed as much as you do! Very few products carry such weight as trusting a firearm, and when your customers can look at their rifle and smile knowing itís capability in protecting what they hold dear, you will have succeeded! Best of luck DT.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2019, 06:05:12 AM »

Although it gets frustrating each time because we think we have everything perfect and a new snag is discovered it is very valuable to get that feedback so that we can continually improve our products and the experiences customers have with our products.

I read, still in development / work in progress.

This will be my last posting in the bullpup forum, for all future product updates please follow us on youtube, facebook, or instagram.  You can also call our office for service if you need anything in the future.

I read, no need to keep stringing you all along so I'm taking my ball and going home.

Just my observations.

AE
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:37:12 AM by Aussie E » Logged
HamSpoon89
^

« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2019, 09:04:16 AM »

Yeah, go repeatedly lie, lie, and lie some more on platforms where you can moderate the comments you mean.  Smart move Nick.  

As CEO you are directly responsible for the failure that is the MDR, and you are equally responsible for the four years of lies from yourself and your staff.  You have zero credibility, no one in their right mind believes or trusts you or your company.  It is beyond obvious you did almost zero testing.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

P.S. you even failed to deliver on the promise of answer the questions in this thread.  I guess you really cannot deliver on anything except deception.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:05:59 AM by Potss » Logged
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2019, 10:14:42 AM »

Yeah, go repeatedly lie, lie, and lie some more on platforms where you can moderate the comments you mean.  Smart move Nick.  

As CEO you are directly responsible for the failure that is the MDR, and you are equally responsible for the four years of lies from yourself and your staff.  You have zero credibility, no one in their right mind believes or trusts you or your company.  It is beyond obvious you did almost zero testing.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

P.S. you even failed to deliver on the promise of answer the questions in this thread.  I guess you really cannot deliver on anything except deception.

spot on ^.  nick created this Q&A thread and it was hardly that.  DT not making good on their promises is an understatement.  they've advertised the MDR as military grade rifle and it's not remotely close.  nobody is perfect and people lie all the time, but when your product launch is built on them...well...you see the result.  my MDR money that was saved is going to IWI and gladly so as i write this, I'll be posting that build in the IWI thread in the coming month or so.  i'm always hoping DT gets their sh!t together, but it's been 4yrs and counting...   
patrick711
^

« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2019, 10:20:00 AM »

+1^   An may the door kiss ya on the way out!
Sdevante
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2019, 11:03:39 AM »

So the new and improved 6 hole valve is also shyte? And what of the current customers with that valve? *sigh*. Should have bailed on the MDR a long time ago.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2019, 11:09:37 AM »

So the new and improved 6 hole valve is also shyte? And what of the current customers with that valve? *sigh*. Should have bailed on the MDR a long time ago.

Yeah I caught that as well...so the improved 6-position gas plug now is not so improved huh...what the heck DT...seriously...I thought you guys test things...o wait...your customers do the testing for you....that has been proven... Shocked
whiskey91lima

« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2019, 02:19:00 PM »

+1^   An may the door kiss ya on the way out!

Considering that it is a family owned company, this isn't likely to happen. I've read that Nick doesn't make high level decisions but defers to his uncle or someone else with the purse strings. I've read reviews on glassdoor from former gun engineers that said that they were enthusiastic and knew how to fix the MDR years ago but the nepotism and poor management of the company basically prevented the engineers from doing their job. I'm an engineer but not a firearm engineer and the many flaws in the rifle stood out to me after less than a month of ownership and testing.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2019, 02:25:43 PM »

The Kingston Group/Davis County Cooperative is in charge of DT and several other companies in Utah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latter_Day_Church_of_Christ
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:39:58 PM by thehun » Logged
newguy2k3

« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2019, 02:38:35 PM »

Probably for the best.

Answered a few questions, lip service to quite a few, outright dodged quite a few before going off on a tirade about ammo that's perfectly functional in other rifles and attempting to trash proven rifles to shift focus from his own rifle's failures.

masterlab
^

« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2019, 06:52:50 PM »

To all,
We have worked with Karl, Ian, and Mike (Garand Thumb) to resolve the gas issue they experienced with the evaluation MDR rifle and will be returning the rifle to them.  We did discover improvements that needed to be made to the 6-hole valve and I appreciate their feedback about their negative experience with the MDR.  Although it gets frustrating each time because we think we have everything perfect and a new snag is discovered it is very valuable to get that feedback so that we can continually improve our products and the experiences customers have with our products.  We will be posting a detailed video response to the In-Range Tv and Garand Thumb video reviews with the corrective action we have taken.  Fortunately our resolution solved the malfunction issues with Garand Thumb but unfortunately it was tested after all of his video content had already been filmed.  

Sincerely

Nick Young

I am not sure if you will read this, I hope you do and continue to read posts on this forum, but I certainly understand why you will no longer post, there have been very few constructive posts. I have watched your response on youtube and the livestream on facebook and I believe that your new strategy for information disclosure will serve you well. I really liked the technical nature of the response, but I'm an engineering student so take that for what its worth. The live stream in my opinion was handled very well and I am looking forward to the SRS A2 and the improvements you are looking at for the MDR
HamSpoon89
^

« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2019, 07:28:30 PM »

Wow, there is delusion and then there is masterlab.  Get a grip.  Their new strategy is the same as their old strategy: lie and deceive to part fools from their money.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:58:00 PM by Potss » Logged
Zeiram3f

« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2019, 07:30:11 PM »

Did he ever address the promise to make a video about how to fix the mag release stiffness issue?

I thought that video was due half a year ago.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2019, 08:14:12 PM »

Did he ever address the promise to make a video about how to fix the mag release stiffness issue?

I thought that video was due half a year ago.

no...nor did they address why the charging handle reciprocates slightly at times during fire here or elsewhere.
masterlab
^

« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2019, 08:25:34 PM »

There is a big difference between pointing out issues, problems, design flaws and calling people liars and other names.

I have pointed out flaws and other issues as I see them. Tried to suggest solutions as I can.

They should not have made some of those promises of videos etc. That was a mistake among others, but to say I am disillusioned would be a mistake. I simply don't see the point shouting at DT when a dialog is more productive. People will make their own decisions about whether the MDR is right for them. I suggest everyone take an example from InrangeTV and how they handled their dissapointment. 
HamSpoon89
^

« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2019, 09:05:18 PM »

No, as Garandthumb said the MDR is right for no one because it simply doesn't function.

We are not shutting DT out of the dialog, they shut THEMSELVES out when they lied for 4+ years.  This isn't merely failing to deliver on promises time and time again, it is telling straight up bold faced lies about the testing that was done, the materials used, the performance of the rifle, ammo sensitivity, competitors...just about everything actually.

To pretend otherwise is delusion plain and simple, there is no mistake.  Apologetics for this level of fraud has no other name.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length