Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2018, 06:16:59 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  DT Sponsored MDR Q&A thread.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: DT Sponsored MDR Q&A thread.  (Read 8205 times)
coldboremiracle

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2018, 05:36:21 PM »

along with it being suspect in CBM's youtube vids with the cracked hand guard
I thought I had explained that already, the cracked handguard was caused by shooting the reflex handguard with no suppressor or muzzle device.

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT

I work for Desert Tech, happy to help wherever I can.
coldboremiracle

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2018, 05:56:21 PM »

Tim from Military Arms Channel mentions in his latest MDR video the 556 kits are out, is that statement true or is he mistaken?

AE
Dont know where he got that info, but I haven't seen any ship out.

You know it's just like '.308 MDRs shipped Summer 2017'... = not really.  Grin
I'm assuming no reviewers have 5.56 MDRs as of yet?
Not sure what you mean bout that, MDR's did ship in August 2017. I know of at least one reviewer at Tactical Life Mag had an MDR with both 556 and 308 barrels.

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT

I work for Desert Tech, happy to help wherever I can.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2018, 09:20:40 PM »

Tim from Military Arms Channel mentions in his latest MDR video the 556 kits are out, is that statement true or is he mistaken?

AE
Dont know where he got that info, but I haven't seen any ship out.

You know it's just like '.308 MDRs shipped Summer 2017'... = not really.  Grin
I'm assuming no reviewers have 5.56 MDRs as of yet?
Not sure what you mean bout that, MDR's did ship in August 2017. I know of at least one reviewer at Tactical Life Mag had an MDR with both 556 and 308 barrels.

How about to us normal plebes and not members of the media or industry?  When are the 5.56 guns/kits shipping?

Kurt
Heathsrow

« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2018, 09:25:53 PM »

Yes, please let us know when we can get 5.56 kits for our MDRs!!
Playro

Robin Rothenfluh, Switzerland

« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2018, 07:41:05 AM »

Mr. Young:

Is the handguard sturdy/solid enough to mount a scope up front w/o sacrificing accuracy?

Kind regards,
Robin Rothenfluh from Switzerland
Zeiram3f

« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2018, 10:11:29 PM »

Mr. Young:

Is the handguard sturdy/solid enough to mount a scope up front w/o sacrificing accuracy?

Per user experience, it is not. Were it an aluminum handguard, perhaps, but thatís yet to be determined.
mjk1
^

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2018, 07:46:37 AM »

ney1 / Toybuilder 1 ( I like the toybuilder title...LOL )

Thank you for your exceptional patience and ongoing CS MDR support with this Q&A thread for us forum members. ( It speaks volumes about your honor & integrity )

I personally admire & understand the commitment of time and personal management of character defects needed to answer all these questions ... in a small way ! Probably due to my manufacturing of custom weapon components for a niche weapon platform.... however.... I only produce 5-6 components which have tested my consumer patience level at times.... beyond belief !!! I believe your on the " right road " with this DT Sponsored thread.

I will report that I was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy right out of the case with my MDR. I only have about 60 rds down range.

I would like to explore a few concerns that my weapon exhibited on it's 1st outing.

In reference to
Post 43
Question 21
The charging handle not locking up on the last round holdback. It's a little confusing to me how the OP reported the CH locking on 1 side and not the other.  I can't say mine locked up on one side - vs - the other. What mine did consistently was not lock up on last round hold back and float forward into the middle of the slot/stroke pathway.

I did start out on the Adversed setting due to the "Break In Procedure Card"  and quickly found overgassing thus turned it to Normal. I was not damaging brass on " N ". This kind of messed with my Chi at the clubs range table since I couldn't find anything in the manual referencing this unusual charging handle concern.
OR I missed it Huh??
What appears to be happening is the  ( Bolt Group  ) is staying back ( locked ) and the CH is possibly not making the distance needed - OR - separating / detaching from the assemblies travel to the rear. Maybe it's bouncing forward at the end Huh?

Please forgive the lack of troubleshooting , I just couldn't get my head around all the information in the UM.

I did run IMI .308 exclusively  and referenced The User Manual ( pg 23 ) several times... it was not my charging handle clearing speed that had anything to do with this. Once the bolt group stuck back and the CH was " drifting " I had to repeatedly pull the ejection panel checking for the last shell. Once I even knocked it loose and it fell down into the buttstock thus needing upper receiver take down.
Yes I did have the previously mentioned 3rd pin tight tolerance issue but that is the least on my concerns.

If there is a fix for this please advise, i'm not interested in shipping the weapon back n forth. I will if it's a must.

On another note I would be interested in exploring the possibility of manufacturing an extended rear mag release as an AM product. I would like to hear your thoughts on that subject, it's not my intention to step on DT's ( your ) toes.

Thx
Mike

Blackandwhiteknight
^

« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2018, 12:07:26 AM »

ney1 / Toybuilder 1 ( I like the toybuilder title...LOL )

Thank you for your exceptional patience and ongoing CS MDR support with this Q&A thread for us forum members. ( It speaks volumes about your honor & integrity )

I personally admire & understand the commitment of time and personal management of character defects needed to answer all these questions ... in a small way ! Probably due to my manufacturing of custom weapon components for a niche weapon platform.... however.... I only produce 5-6 components which have tested my consumer patience level at times.... beyond belief !!! I believe your on the " right road " with this DT Sponsored thread.

I will report that I was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy right out of the case with my MDR. I only have about 60 rds down range.

I would like to explore a few concerns that my weapon exhibited on it's 1st outing.

In reference to
Post 43
Question 21
The charging handle not locking up on the last round holdback. It's a little confusing to me how the OP reported the CH locking on 1 side and not the other.  I can't say mine locked up on one side - vs - the other. What mine did consistently was not lock up on last round hold back and float forward into the middle of the slot/stroke pathway.

I did start out on the Adversed setting due to the "Break In Procedure Card"  and quickly found overgassing thus turned it to Normal. I was not damaging brass on " N ". This kind of messed with my Chi at the clubs range table since I couldn't find anything in the manual referencing this unusual charging handle concern.
OR I missed it Huh??
What appears to be happening is the  ( Bolt Group  ) is staying back ( locked ) and the CH is possibly not making the distance needed - OR - separating / detaching from the assemblies travel to the rear. Maybe it's bouncing forward at the end Huh?

Please forgive the lack of troubleshooting , I just couldn't get my head around all the information in the UM.

I did run IMI .308 exclusively  and referenced The User Manual ( pg 23 ) several times... it was not my charging handle clearing speed that had anything to do with this. Once the bolt group stuck back and the CH was " drifting " I had to repeatedly pull the ejection panel checking for the last shell. Once I even knocked it loose and it fell down into the buttstock thus needing upper receiver take down.
Yes I did have the previously mentioned 3rd pin tight tolerance issue but that is the least on my concerns.

If there is a fix for this please advise, i'm not interested in shipping the weapon back n forth. I will if it's a must.

On another note I would be interested in exploring the possibility of manufacturing an extended rear mag release as an AM product. I would like to hear your thoughts on that subject, it's not my intention to step on DT's ( your ) toes.

Thx
Mike

Glad to see you are enjoying your MDR Mike.  Given that you mentioned the "N" setting I'm guessing you have the three position gas plug that shipped with the rifle.  The 6 position plug is vastly superior to the three hole one you currently have, and will prevent brass damage when you get the gun broken in.  It's really worth getting, especially being free.  If the rifle is cycling on the "N" setting it should be fine to shoot it like that during the break in.  If you run into short cycling issues just turn it back up to adverse.

Good to hear you are doing okay with the IMI ammo.  Some MDR owners have had issues with torn rims using IMI so just a heads up.  For what its worth my MDR doesn't seem to like 168 and heavier loads, giving me torn rims on M118LR.  I think the IMI stuff people were having issues with was heavier too.  The MDR seems to like the 150gr range.

As for the charging handle locking; the MDR has a non reciprocating charging handle and there are no springs to push it into the rear locked position on an empty mag.  The charging handle is designed to stay locked forward during firing but tends to come loose on an empty mag because the bolt, and thus the recoil spring are locked back.  When loading from an empty mag/ bolt lock there are two ways to charge the rifle; the bolt catch at the rear, and slingshotting the charging handle.  Both will send the bolt forward and charge the rifle. 

There's enough tension on the spent case in the ejection chute that it will stay in there until the bolt is sent forward pushing it out in the process.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length