Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2018, 08:54:15 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  DT Sponsored MDR Q&A thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: DT Sponsored MDR Q&A thread.  (Read 5421 times)
Box

« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2018, 03:12:57 PM »

Here is the URL to DT's info video on production, release and the gas valve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19gG-OZ3DFQ&t=1s

Says the video has been removed by the user.
ney1
^

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2018, 03:14:14 PM »

https://youtu.be/txg8zWCB5tg

Toy Maker and CEO of Desert Tech, LLC
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2018, 03:46:31 PM »

Nick,

Thanks for posting these videos, warts and all.

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2018, 04:14:41 PM »

Kudos for deciding to give the 6-valve gas plug as a standard part for past, present and future MDRs...great job for listening to us.

Also...nice to see the tests and the mishaps...not many would have done that.

Great steps forward.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 10:58:03 PM by thehun » Logged
LinkHyrule03
New Posting Member

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2018, 06:16:35 PM »

Some more questions for Mr. Young:

- In relation to the drop-test video, were any of the parts that broke reinforced or redesigned after the test to alleviate those issues? HK's breaking charging handles is pretty normal for them, so I don't consider that to be a major issue, but I was wondering specifically if the MDR's pistol grip was reinforced at all.

- There was some discussion as to how one would go about cerakoting / hydrodipping their MDR, which would require complete disassembly, beyond what DT recommends, while still keeping the warranty.
Many people expressed their desire for some sort of certified cerakoting company that has been taught and deputized by Desert Tech for how to do it properly and reassemble the guns properly so as to get Desert Tech's approval, that customers who go through that company will keep their warranty. That, or just the option for Desert Tech themselves to do the work for a price, but I feel that deputizing another entity would be more prudent.
Is there any chance Desert Tech would consider such an arrangement with such a company?

- Would Desert Tech be open to the idea of offering an optional high-profile rear magazine release?

- Does Desert Tech have any plans to alleviate the problems with the stiffness of the magazine releases?

- Would Desert Tech be open to the idea of offering an optional low-profile gas block, one that isn't exposed to the outside and isn't prone to burning fingers? That, or perhaps some sort of cover or guard?

- If you are willing to share, Iím curious what that BCG problem was with the .223 MDR.

- Are there any other calibers being considered after .300blackout?

- Will the MDR-C handguard be available separately, as the suppressor handguard is?

- Is the Airsoft Silverback MDR licensed with Desert Techís permission?

- Others have mentioned that a possible fix to the ripping rims issue might be increasing the area of extractor engagement. Thoughts?

- Some rifles with deeper magazine wells wonít take 10rd Magpul pmags. Does the MDR in .223 accept 10rd .223/5.56 Magpul pmags?

- Can the charging handles function as forward assists?

- Will .223 also receive a 6-position gas valve as .308 did?

I think we all VERY much appreciate the addition of the 6-position gas valve as a standard part in the MDR.
Earlier, you requested a link to the website of the company who is making an aftermarket aluminum MDR handguard. The company is Lucky Irishman Firearms, owned by Richard Murphy, and this would be their website: http://lifeindustries.net/index.html
Note that their MDR handguard isn't released yet, and as such isn't on their website yet. You would have to contact Mr. Murphy directly to get one early, I would presume.
In case you were also interested in checking out the aftermarket MDR trigger, that is going to be offered by RPS through ShootingSight, link here: https://shootingsight.com/product/mdr/
On the subject of aftermarket support for Desert Tech products, I'm curious about how Desert Tech feels about ES Tactical (who make the 6.5 Creedmoor conversion, and perhaps other conversions in the future). Does Desert Tech approve of them? I wish to have a better picture of that relationship so I can help guide others when they say that they don't want to buy a 6.5 conversion because it's not directly from DT.
ney1
^

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2018, 03:19:06 AM »

Sorry guys, been busy.  I will be answering questions by Friday stay tuned.  I appreciate the positive comments about our public release video.

Toy Maker and CEO of Desert Tech, LLC
Blackandwhiteknight
^

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2018, 08:55:31 PM »

Mr. Young can I get your thoughts on the charging handle issue I posted here? Thanks

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=13194.0
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #67 on: Yesterday at 08:55:30 AM »

Tim from Military Arms Channel mentions in his latest MDR video the 556 kits are out, is that statement true or is he mistaken?

AE
coldboremiracle

« Reply #68 on: Yesterday at 03:16:25 PM »

Tim from Military Arms Channel mentions in his latest MDR video the 556 kits are out, is that statement true or is he mistaken?

AE
Dont know where he got that info, but I haven't seen any ship out.

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT

I work for Desert Tech, happy to help wherever I can.
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #69 on: Yesterday at 03:38:07 PM »

AE
Dont know where he got that info, but I haven't seen any ship out.

You know it's just like '.308 MDRs shipped Summer 2017'... = not really.  Grin
I'm assuming no reviewers have 5.56 MDRs as of yet?
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #70 on: Yesterday at 04:29:59 PM »

Kind of like Montana Tactical selling black or FDE MDRs in your choice of .308, .223, and .300BLK...  Deceptive at best on their part.

Kurt
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length