Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2018, 04:13:49 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Primary Arms Fails
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Primary Arms Fails  (Read 182 times)
RebellionOnIce

« on: June 13, 2018, 09:02:19 PM »

Not sure if it's just me but I had been having terrible luck with Primary Arms scopes.

A month or so  ago I ordered a 1X8 for my SAR as I have been intrigued with the ACSS reticle. On the 1X8 I could not, from low end to top end get the ocular ring (focus ring) to adjust to my eye. I could never get a clear picture from anything under 3X or above 6 so the scope for me was only good from 4 to 6X.  The scope never made it out of the house. I packed it up, Primary Arms sent me a return label and shipping back was on me.

Recently on my X95 build the short rail really made rifle to short for a conventional scope. I thought this would be the perfect time to give Primary Arms a second chance and felt a 3X prism scope would work out nicely with the ACSS reticle on the short fore end.

This scope never made it on the rifle. I took it out of the box, looked through it, turned on the illumination, turned it off and put it back in the box to ship back to Primary Arms.

I couldn't believe it.

The auto ranging bars on the Right side of the scope instead of the lines coming 90 degrees off the parallel line they were canted at like 33 degrees up off the vertical that made that useless. The auto ranging on the Left side however was as advertised. It wasn't the illumination that made it looked like that. The reticle was etched like that and I was thinking how piss poor their QA must be.

I packed it up and sent it back again, on my dime.

I really wanted to like these scopes because of the ACSS reticle but after 2 fails in a row I am going to move on and look at the Burris.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:26:30 AM by rjhyland » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length