Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2018, 06:51:02 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  All Other Bullpup Rifles
| | |-+  High Tower MBS95 is out
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: High Tower MBS95 is out  (Read 815 times)
dntam

« on: June 06, 2018, 10:47:10 PM »

Its finally out. I got the 9 mm in FDE and really like the contrast in colors.

Assembly was not too difficult but the parts are tight. The barrel bushing is very tight and it took some careful effort to fit the upper and lower halves after installing the action. I got it put together but to disassemble will probably need a few taps with my plastic gunsmith hammer. Fit and finish is good. Trigger length of pull  is a a bit long. Mags both OEM and Redball fit very tightly but drop free with a good push of the mag release. I took off the cutlass style guard and replaced it with the front sling loop. However I cut off the loop portion as it was not needed.
Trigger is mushy as expected. Will test at range next week. Overall I like it.

* IMG_1158.jpg (405.6 KB, 1938x753 - viewed 198 times.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:56:46 PM by dntam » Logged
ttarp

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 12:11:46 AM »

Looks good, looking forward to a range report.
WVBubba

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 10:20:50 PM »

Looks good in FDE just ordered mine in 10mm
FS2000OD
^

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 01:33:19 AM »

Its finally out. I got the 9 mm in FDE and really like the contrast in colors.

Assembly was not too difficult but the parts are tight. The barrel bushing is very tight and it took some careful effort to fit the upper and lower halves after installing the action. I got it put together but to disassemble will probably need a few taps with my plastic gunsmith hammer. Fit and finish is good. Trigger length of pull  is a a bit long. Mags both OEM and Redball fit very tightly but drop free with a good push of the mag release. I took off the cutlass style guard and replaced it with the front sling loop. However I cut off the loop portion as it was not needed.
Trigger is mushy as expected. Will test at range next week. Overall I like it.

Got mine in OD and 9mm, and have all the same feedback basically.  Fitment on upper and lower and upper to the barrel were both very tight, as was the lower rail getting it all the way seated to close the locking latch.  That said, everything seems to function fine testing with snap caps, and it looks amazing installed.  I think the fully ambi controls, including the FN style safety I am used to from my PS90 and FS2000, makes this kit an amazing upgrade.  Mag release works well, and as dntam said, mags drop free which makes for easy quick reloads.  Mags do require a good tap on the bottom to seat and latch, but I am in that habit anyway.  They weren't an overly tight fit around the mag body for me though.  Original safety is still easy to access for making the gun fully safe as well.  Now I just need to get that barrel threaded and pick up some mbus sights and/or a red dot to throw on the top rail, and probably an AFG or VFG.  The rails are sharp enough I don't want to be holding that front rail directly... lol

As a side note for potential lefty users, the included shell deflector seems to work as intended (again, testing with snap caps), and is far enough forward that I didn't have to change my natural cheek weld at all when shouldering the gun left handed.  I'm right handed, so the gun will likely not see much use from the left shoulder, but I found there is no reason not to have the deflector on, and it works.  It seems to be made from a hard rubber rather than polymer, so it should hold up well I am thinking.  Also, since it is an easy on and off piece (one easy access screw, no disassembling anything) I am betting HTA will offer them separate down the road for replacing ones that may get worn out from use.

I'm excited to get to the range and try this little thing out.  At <$200 for my rifle picked up during holiday sales and $249 for the kit from HTA, this will be by far my cheapest bullpup, and only my second in a pistol caliber.  I think this will be a great fun to cost ratio range toy with potential practical use as a defensive carbine if the hi-point proves as reliable as I've always heard.   When I have the extra $500-$550 laying around again, I think I may have to pick up a hi-point 10mm and another kit...

-FN-H FS2000 Tactical OD (Upgraded+Eotech 512/G33)
-FN-H PS90 Standard LE (Just a sling, Form 1 next)
-Steyr AUG A3 OD (Upgraded+9mm 6th Gen Kit)
-Other Stuff (no AR's, no Glocks Cheesy)
ToneDeath

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 10:15:19 PM »

Looking good guys, I’m surprised this Bullpup Conversion isn’t getting more press. The quality looks phenomenal, just like the HTA 90/22. The 90/22 sparked my interest in Bullpup’s as it was affordable and who doesn’t have a Ruger 10/22 laying around. Looks like my HighPoint 995 will have to come out of the ATI stock and into a HTA. It may not have the same prestige or capacity as my Steyr AUG, but you have to admit this thing looks “Bad Ass” compared to the original rifle or the ATI.

I hope HTA sells a ton of them and then gets to work on a higher capacity mag for it. One that is wider, more like a double stack and not so long like some of the other variants.

Great news Andy & the Team, now I have to decide on a color.

TD
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 10:24:55 PM »

I received my OD Green kit. Just waiting to get this freaking cast off! rant

* cast.jpg (58.15 KB, 605x605 - viewed 66 times.)

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
WVBubba

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 01:00:55 PM »

Got mine the other day finally had some time to put together. FDE 10MM, added the second charging handle because I'm a lefty but the rest of the family shoots right.

* HTA 10mm.jpg (50.74 KB, 960x720 - viewed 94 times.)

* hta 10mm suppressed.jpg (73.72 KB, 960x720 - viewed 89 times.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:04:03 PM by WVBubba » Logged
AlphaPup
New Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 08:58:39 PM »

Got mine the other day finally had some time to put together. FDE 10MM, added the second charging handle because I'm a lefty but the rest of the family shoots right.

Where'd you get your threaded barrel?
ttarp

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 11:52:54 PM »

The 10mm Hi Point comes with a threaded barrel.
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 10:58:06 AM »

Another knock out of the park by HTA. It looks awesome. I just wish it took Glock magazines.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length