Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 01:37:02 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Getting tired of waiting for the Round handguard.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Getting tired of waiting for the Round handguard.  (Read 4979 times)
sh00ter

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2018, 04:08:52 AM »

Anyone visiting Europe in November? This would be a great place to look for the parts:
https://www.waffen-boerse.ch/
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2018, 05:27:59 AM »

Gentlemen,

Even if you find one of these in Europe somewhere, it cannot be shipped to the US due to EU export restrictions on weapon parts.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
DubageL

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2018, 06:49:06 AM »

So how are Sig legacy parts being brought in for the 550 series by JDI or non US Austrian AUG parts?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 06:53:26 AM by DubageL » Logged
sh00ter

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2018, 07:41:12 AM »

Gentlemen,

Even if you find one of these in Europe somewhere, it cannot be shipped to the US due to EU export restrictions on weapon parts.

Aren't these restrictions on "critical" parts only?
BruceKnoch

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2018, 08:27:22 AM »

This isnít a factual statement.  I recently ordered a compensator for my Sig Tac 2 from Denmark with no issue.
Most of the Euro stores that I looked at actually were using US EBay stores.  You might want to take a look there if you havenít already.
whitetail

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2018, 09:13:31 AM »

Gentlemen,

Are you sure, as Corvus defensio ships gun parts to the US all the time. And besides, its not a critical part for a firearm. And if i really needed to..i know an importer.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:15:08 AM by whitetail » Logged
whitetail

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2018, 12:26:51 PM »

Only have to figure out how to keep it attached, the set screw is a rudimentary idea that may work at first, the only thing i have left to Do is to shrink down the length, as it is too long right now.
DubageL

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2018, 08:39:58 PM »

Drill a small hole and then superglue a heli-coil in it. Then use a small set screw.  Easy.
whitetail

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2018, 01:19:47 PM »

Guys, Update today, I believe it is ready to goto its final print, I have to send the file to the guy tonight to see if he can print it for me one more time.

After I finally get this done, I have a plan for making another 3d printed piece for the X95 that most of you will find useful.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:22:39 PM by whitetail » Logged
whitetail

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2018, 04:08:19 PM »

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/2ReY6TuwQSI#/

Here it is for you guys to look at, sure you can have it printed through shapeways but its only one side the dimensions should be good, but i want to make the finger grooves more rounded instead of square sides.
Rastoff

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2018, 12:58:44 AM »

Would you be willing to send me the .STL file? I have a buddy with a 3D printer. Just for fun I'd like to give this a try.

I also might be able to duplicate this in Solidworks. I don't think it would be that hard to make the inverse so you could have both sides.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
whitetail

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2018, 07:47:11 AM »

Would you be willing to send me the .STL file? I have a buddy with a 3D printer. Just for fun I'd like to give this a try.

I also might be able to duplicate this in Solidworks. I don't think it would be that hard to make the inverse so you could have both sides.

Sure you can download the STL from that link, if you are going to modify it in solid works iíd like you to message me and we can work together on it because theres a few things id like to improve that im having issues with in thr limitations of tinkercad.
whitetail

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2018, 10:50:09 AM »

Guys i need some motivation to keep working on this project.
DubageL

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2018, 11:28:12 AM »

Just do it!!!  😉
xpdchief

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2018, 07:50:50 AM »

I'll give you $1,000,000.00 if you finish it within 30 days, to my satisfaction!

Respectfully submitted,
Brian
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length