Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2018, 10:00:06 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Getting tired of waiting for the Round handguard.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Getting tired of waiting for the Round handguard.  (Read 4242 times)
whitetail

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 07:44:51 PM »

In other round handguard news, I have talked to the marketing guy, I believe his name is Jeremy at IWI and he will have some info about the IDF round handguard when he does a facebook live at IWI at the end of the month.
DubageL

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 08:24:15 PM »

I told him about 3 months ago I’ll just give him my credit card to charge and mail me when he gets them. Think he is going to be in Israel at the end of the month... maybe he will be live at the iwi factory.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:44:17 PM by DubageL » Logged
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 07:41:37 PM »

In other round handguard news, I have talked to the marketing guy, I believe his name is Jeremy at IWI and he will have some info about the IDF round handguard when he does a facebook live at IWI at the end of the month.

Well that sounds positive.

Grin

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 09:28:45 PM »

As posted in another thread if the IDF is moving into a different version of the MTAR that has a screw on fore end similar to ours this could make the rounded fore end that much harder to get.
DubageL

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2018, 05:40:15 AM »

Or maybe the idf will surplus those round handguards back to IWI for US sale and be upgrading to the newer ones.
cciman

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2018, 09:11:11 AM »

Why is this part such a desirable item?
whitetail

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2018, 04:20:01 PM »

I cant build the SMG variant without it. But its also looks, its the original Micro tavor.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2018, 06:14:15 PM »

It's the original X95 handguard. The gun looks totally different without it.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
cciman

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2018, 08:24:04 PM »

You will also need the camo mushroom chef's hat (helmet cover, Mitznefet) to complete the full authentic effect, otherwise forget it.   Cheesy

Doubles as a sleeping bag.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 12:00:04 AM by cciman » Logged
DubageL

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2018, 07:40:29 AM »

Whitetail, checking in on ya. 😉
whitetail

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2018, 05:01:17 PM »

Whitetail, checking in on ya. 😉

Took these pics with it on the gun, been making small changes but i dont have high speed net anymore so i have to do my work at the library.

I kinda designed it with intent to use the standard bottom rail cover, but may design one that better matches.
sh00ter

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2018, 03:33:11 PM »

An original handguard, what is it worth (to you)?
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2018, 06:35:08 PM »

What kind of original handguard are you talking about? The long US version? The short one? Or the unobtainium round IDF handguard?

whitetail

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2018, 06:48:46 PM »

I will send you a message.
sh00ter

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2018, 03:48:22 AM »

The owner of http://www.zib-militaria.de/ has a deko Tavor (IDF) for sale, aswel as some spare parts.
He just sold a deko X95 (IDF) and I've contacted him to ask about spare parts for the X95.

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/90568
http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/10454
http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/10453

Small chance, but I've bought from that owner/seller before. He's pretty good.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 07:00:40 AM by sh00ter » Logged
whitetail

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2018, 07:38:24 AM »

Let me know, I believe i contacted him before, but dont know if i got a response.
sh00ter

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2018, 07:57:29 AM »

Let me know, I believe i contacted him before, but dont know if i got a response.

Will do.
Also contacted this one:
http://dekowaffen-tuerk.com/WebShopDekoWa/product_info.php?info=p412_tavor-21-micro-without-optics.html
whitetail

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2018, 05:27:06 PM »

Will do.
Also contacted this one:
http://dekowaffen-tuerk.com/WebShopDekoWa/product_info.php?info=p412_tavor-21-micro-without-optics.html

Keep me updated Smiley
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2018, 07:40:33 PM »

The last I heard from IWI was that they did not receive any from Israel in the latest shipment. The rep I spoke to said he believes the round handguards are being discontinued, so they are about to become permanently unavailable. I think that's ridiculous when there is such demand for them here in the States. IWI Israel must still produce them because they have certain models of X95s advertised on their website with them--namely, those 13" barreled models that are integrally suppressed. So I have no idea why they're being so elitist about these things. Make customers happy. They will sell thousands of them easily.

If they don't want to produce them any more, they should contract another company to do it. They would make an easy profit; they'd make current X95 owners happy; they would probably even encourage new people to buy X95s since the "classic" look and feel of the rifle would then be completely available (well almost--still need a few details like the Israeli sling loops and top rails/MX3 gas block). And I can tell you--from having IDF-ized my own X95 as much as currently possible, it feels like a completely different gun from the elongated, bulky thing I got the day I brought it home.

Perhaps we could arrange a group buy. I can't really think of anything else at this point to get them to consider it. And I know I'd rather have a new one at a proper price than pay an inflated fee to some scalper who happened to chance upon one somewhere. Even if the IDF swapped them all out for the new style and sold these at surplus, they'd be ridiculously expensive for a long time--perhaps always. Supply needs to meet demand.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 07:53:30 PM by BellatorInvictus » Logged

sh00ter

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2018, 02:56:15 AM »

So far no luck guys.. Sorry, didn't mean to get your hopes up.

I will keep an eye out for the round handguard. Keep in mind, European prices = not cheap...

Contacted some folks in Switzerland and Austria.

Anyone visiting Europe in November?
This would be a great place to search for X95 parts:
https://www.waffen-boerse.ch/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 04:11:06 AM by sh00ter » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length