Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2018, 03:21:42 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Getting tired of waiting for the Round handguard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Getting tired of waiting for the Round handguard.  (Read 5318 times)
whitetail

« on: June 02, 2018, 03:36:53 PM »

I'm currently remaking the round X95 IDF handguards in CAD For the purpose of 3d printing, I have found a place that has a material that is heat resistant to 400 degrees with a melt temp of 520 degrees (Farenheit). I am tired of being told "2 months" By IWI and now its been about 6 months of "2 months" So I am taking matters into my own hands.

Now i preface this with my X95 is 9mm, I am not sure it will generate the temps required to quickly cause the handguard to melt, and i also plan on installing some heat shields into it.

Also, I have sent an email to a firearm parts/milsurp exporter in Israel who also shows that he has IDF X95's in his inventory.
whitetail

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 03:59:14 PM »

So people dont think I am full of it Smiley

whitetail

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 09:38:49 PM »

Anyone out there know how wide the top of the X95 handguard is where the screw goes through?

* handguardx95.jpg (121.9 KB, 1049x680 - viewed 200 times.)
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 11:55:31 AM »

Nice job. You'll need to source the dimensions from someone who has the real thing. Hopefully your Israeli exporter source will pan out.

I talked to IWI on the phone about a month ago and the rep said that the last he had heard was that they're working on it with Israel, but he wasn't sure if Israel had agreed to it or not yet. That seems to be the hold up. I was thinking recently about designing this in 3D myself, but it's a lot of work and research, and the part should really be injection molded like the original. I'm just going to keep badgering IWI until they make it happen. This is one of those parts where you just want to have the real deal. I have a feeling they will release it, given how loudly we've all been clamoring for it the past couple of years. And we KNOW IWI US has gotten some of them in stock, because I saw them on some of their X95s in a few pics and videos online... e.g. Larry Vicker's video on the X95.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
whitetail

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 10:03:16 PM »

Nice job. You'll need to source the dimensions from someone who has the real thing. Hopefully your Israeli exporter source will pan out.

I talked to IWI on the phone about a month ago and the rep said that the last he had heard was that they're working on it with Israel, but he wasn't sure if Israel had agreed to it or not yet. That seems to be the hold up. I was thinking recently about designing this in 3D myself, but it's a lot of work and research, and the part should really be injection molded like the original. I'm just going to keep badgering IWI until they make it happen. This is one of those parts where you just want to have the real deal. I have a feeling they will release it, given how loudly we've all been clamoring for it the past couple of years. And we KNOW IWI US has gotten some of them in stock, because I saw them on some of their X95s in a few pics and videos online... e.g. Larry Vicker's video on the X95.

As a start I have a guy at IWI who said he would get Tape measure taken measurements of Length, width, height, and diameter for me. So that's a start.
whitetail

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 01:49:39 PM »

Went with making a handguard rail panel instead of working on a full handguard.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 05:31:00 PM by whitetail » Logged
Rastoff

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 09:47:59 PM »

Looks good, but blue?

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 10:08:20 PM »

Looks good, but blue?

it's 3d printed. 

@whitetail...photo is too large man...size edit needed.
whitetail

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 10:43:27 AM »

Looks good, but blue?

it's 3d printed. 

@whitetail...photo is too large man...size edit needed.

Hey, Sorry I don't know how, I'm surprised IMGUR didnt auto resize it.

Also, yes It's blue because the guy who was nice enough to print it for me had extra blue filament.
Heavy

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 12:17:09 PM »

When you link a picture just add a width. 700 seems to be good on this board.
In brackets "img width=700" add link here "/img"
whitetail

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 03:50:44 PM »

Rastoff

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 09:05:48 PM »

Looks good, but blue?

it's 3d printed. 
Yes, I know. I print stuff all the time like this comb riser:

You do know you can get 3D filament in all the colors of the rainbow, right? I was just poking fun at whitetail

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
whitetail

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 04:18:56 PM »

Jc0228

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 08:14:25 PM »

Very interested
whitetail

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 01:02:24 PM »

Getting there, needs a few more small revisions.
whitetail

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 07:06:51 PM »

Come on guys, 1209 views and like three responses? I'm trying to bring this to fruition for those who want the look of the round handguard, but nobody seems to be interested.
DubageL

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018, 09:40:54 PM »

Just waiting for the final version and where to send a check. 😉
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 11:35:40 PM »

Ok, I clicked on it so I'll respond. I thought there are a lot of people on this board that have some real talent and that looked like a pretty cool project you have there.

I'm in the hunt for the round fore end myself and the topic interested me. I even wondered if the round fore end on the Ace could be chopped up and modified to fit but just figured that couldn't so it's good to see projects like this.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:39:06 AM by RebellionOnIce » Logged
whitetail

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 12:36:46 PM »

Ok, I clicked on it so I'll respond. I thought there are a lot of people on this board that have some real talent and that looked like a pretty cool project you have there.

I'm in the hunt for the round fore end myself and the topic interested me. I even wondered if the round fore end on the Ace could be chopped up and modified to fit but just figured that couldn't so it's good to see projects like this.

The galil ace uses the same system of removable rail covers, similiar to the X95, I have sent emails to the two companies who produce the X95 under contract, havent heard back, i have contacted a surplus dealer in israel, wont deal with orders under 10,000.00 Ive done everything except going to israel to try ad get ahold of a round handguard.
DubageL

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 07:25:46 PM »

I was there visiting last July. Have 3 family members in the IDF. Plenty of x95ís with round handguards, no extras.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length