Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2018, 06:51:21 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Other Rimfire Bullpup's (Moderator: Plinker)
| | |-+  Beretta ARX 160 Pistol: Bullpup?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Beretta ARX 160 Pistol: Bullpup?  (Read 851 times)
Nuke

« on: May 27, 2018, 07:41:24 AM »

I'm new to bullpups, having recently bought a Tavor X95, and I think my wife's Beretta may qualify.  I don't have a pic handy but feel free to look it up if you're not familiar with it.  It's 22lr and I added a front grip with integral light and a reflex sight.

On a side note, I had bought the Beretta for myself. One day at the range, I had her try it. After about half a mag, she turned to me and said "I like this! You should get yourself one!" Yeah, it's now her "keep the varmints off the dogs" firearm.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:15:44 AM by Nuke » Logged
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 12:06:32 PM »

Hi, definitely not a bullpup.  The action is forward of the trigger.  Short rifle, maybe, but not a bullpup.

Sounds like you have a good woman, there!

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
Nuke

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 12:59:12 PM »

Hi, definitely not a bullpup.  The action is forward of the trigger.  Short rifle, maybe, but not a bullpup.

Sounds like you have a good woman, there!

Superb. Thanks for the reply. And, yes, she's fantastic. Loves to cook, financially responsible... Not at all like the first one, thank goodness.
DOWNS

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 04:40:48 PM »

If you're in the US and added a front grip (vertical) to something sold as a pistol you're in violation of federal law and have manufactured an "AOW".  Angled grips like the MAGPUL AFG are ok but vertical grips are a no go. 

Not sure how familiar you are with all the laws surrounding this just thought I'd mention this so you don't get your peepee smashed at a public range one day by someone wanting to be a hero  to the ATF. 
Nuke

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 07:17:43 PM »

If you're in the US and added a front grip (vertical) to something sold as a pistol you're in violation of federal law and have manufactured an "AOW".  Angled grips like the MAGPUL AFG are ok but vertical grips are a no go. 

Not sure how familiar you are with all the laws surrounding this just thought I'd mention this so you don't get your peepee smashed at a public range one day by someone wanting to be a hero  to the ATF. 

Thank you very much for that info.  The grip had an integrated light so my wife can target coyote or other critters getting too interested in our dogs at night. I'll remove the grip and put a stand-alone light on it.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length