Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2018, 11:12:42 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Kydex Port Cover for AUG by Boone
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kydex Port Cover for AUG by Boone  (Read 538 times)
Neo70
New Posting Member

« on: May 22, 2018, 09:53:28 AM »

Awesome Kydex port cover by a member her on the forum Boone. Will not fall off or get into the action.  Great improvement for the AUG.

* image.jpg (1919.29 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 193 times.)

* image.jpg (1317.23 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 153 times.)
maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 04:01:00 PM »

What am I missing here? I don't see its purpose.
sboone

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 07:52:24 PM »

Some people (myself included) have had the OEM port cover come part and fall into the gun jamming it, I made the kydex cover as a permanent solution to remedy it.  It also deflects brass at more of a 90* from the gun vs straight back and protects the stock from ejecting brass beating it up.

Thanks for the shoutout Neo  Smiley
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 02:54:40 PM »

I'm shocked. I never knew that Steyr ever manufactured an OEM port cover and I've purchased three Steyr Augs new in the box. Since when did they make these and why aren't they included in the box?  But, I also have to agree, I don't see the need for them. I'd much rather have a shell casing deflector than an ejection port cover. Those Corvensio Defense look great and they're small and streamlined case deflectors, but, they don't make one for my Nato stock Steyr Aug.   
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length