Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 03:14:46 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  New Gas Valve available for purchase
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: New Gas Valve available for purchase  (Read 11804 times)
dmitry

« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2018, 02:10:23 AM »

Why don't they include this as standard in the rifle?
newguy2k3

« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2018, 08:02:13 AM »

I'm running a suppressor so that's why I bought the 6pos valve for the lower settings. I filed the ejection chute catch. I was probably one of the very first if not the first to do that. I haven't looked at the feed ramps that closely but I doubt that is the source of my issue since #1 isn't enough gas to reliably cycle but #2 apparently still rips off case rims.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:51:38 AM by newguy2k3 » Logged
Sdevante
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2018, 07:25:28 PM »

#1 isn't enough gas to reliably cycle but #2 apparently still rips off case rims.

It is crazy to me that even with the 6 position gas valve, something is still off. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine after receiving the new gas valve, but now I'm even more curious to see how it goes.

bruteandbear1

« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2018, 11:51:12 AM »

Can you buy the shell holder and if so for how much $?

I ask because if it cheap to replace then having a spare one to polish while being able to put the original unmolested one back in is what I would recommend. 

It sounds like an opportunity for a small parts fabricator to offer a polished after market replacement. 

Molestation is bad M-KAY!
aphex4000
^

« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2018, 01:33:25 PM »

[I'm posting this in multiple gas valve threads to make sure folks see it!]

Guys, it looks like Desert Tech will be taking care of all the folks who have already taken delivery of the .308 MDRs with the original gas valve system. Glad to see they are listening to customers and really trying to do the right thing here.

https://youtu.be/txg8zWCB5tg?t=1m54s
Sdevante
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2018, 11:36:40 PM »

[I'm posting this in multiple gas valve threads to make sure folks see it!]

Guys, it looks like Desert Tech will be taking care of all the folks who have already taken delivery of the .308 MDRs with the original gas valve system. Glad to see they are listening to customers and really trying to do the right thing here.

https://youtu.be/txg8zWCB5tg?t=1m54s

"taking care of" = if you haven't got one yet, then free, but if you paid cash, guess what, store credit, not a refund...FYI
Delmustator

Zombie Outbreak Response Team

« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2018, 11:52:58 AM »

FREE new gas valve can be ordered under your Desert Tech accound info. If you do not have an account, you will have to create an account and register your MDR. They will ask for you serial# (1 new valve per serial#) and some other info.

Note: They are backordered... (Yar Yar) Expected delivery in 2-3 weeks. You pay $9.99 for shipping.

-Del
Daryn
^

« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2018, 02:33:02 AM »

Hey Heathrow can you send me a message with SGT Ps number all my emails go unresponded, Ordered Feb of 2016 but I can't get any info on stats.Any info would be appreciated.
Heathsrow

« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2018, 08:36:39 AM »

Daryn,

Check your messages.

Thanks
Heath
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2018, 06:59:54 PM »

FREE new gas valve can be ordered under your Desert Tech accound info. If you do not have an account, you will have to create an account and register your MDR. They will ask for you serial# (1 new valve per serial#) and some other info.

Note: They are backordered... (Yar Yar) Expected delivery in 2-3 weeks. You pay $9.99 for shipping.

And when you call to talk to sales because you already bought two (for your two MDRs), you get voice mail and never get a call back.  Either find someone who can do the job, or if they are doing the job but are overwhelmed, hire more people.  Waiting a week for a return call is not acceptable as a consumer or in b2b commerce.

Kurt
Heathsrow

« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2018, 08:15:44 PM »

Kurt,

I talked with Jeff who got me set up with Ryan in the sales office who processed my refund. Did state it can take up to five weeks for the refund to be processed as it had to go through accounting. Try calling and asking for Ryan.

Heath
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2018, 09:48:13 PM »

Kurt,

I talked with Jeff who got me set up with Ryan in the sales office who processed my refund. Did state it can take up to five weeks for the refund to be processed as it had to go through accounting. Try calling and asking for Ryan.

Heath

I believe it is Ryan who has yet to return my call after Jeff (IIRC, it was him) sent me to him.  I won't comment on the time, other than to say at least it wasn't six weeks.

Kurt
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length