Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2018, 05:19:18 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  New Gas Valve available for purchase
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: New Gas Valve available for purchase  (Read 5802 times)
dmitry

« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2018, 02:10:23 AM »

Why don't they include this as standard in the rifle?
newguy2k3

« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2018, 08:02:13 AM »

I'm running a suppressor so that's why I bought the 6pos valve for the lower settings. I filed the ejection chute catch. I was probably one of the very first if not the first to do that. I haven't looked at the feed ramps that closely but I doubt that is the source of my issue since #1 isn't enough gas to reliably cycle but #2 apparently still rips off case rims.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:51:38 AM by newguy2k3 » Logged
Sdevante
^

« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2018, 07:25:28 PM »

#1 isn't enough gas to reliably cycle but #2 apparently still rips off case rims.

It is crazy to me that even with the 6 position gas valve, something is still off. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine after receiving the new gas valve, but now I'm even more curious to see how it goes.

bruteandbear1

« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2018, 11:51:12 AM »

Can you buy the shell holder and if so for how much $?

I ask because if it cheap to replace then having a spare one to polish while being able to put the original unmolested one back in is what I would recommend. 

It sounds like an opportunity for a small parts fabricator to offer a polished after market replacement. 

Molestation is bad M-KAY!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length