Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2018, 08:16:04 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  New Gas Valve available for purchase
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: New Gas Valve available for purchase  (Read 11730 times)
Heathsrow

« on: May 16, 2018, 07:56:38 PM »

The new six hole gas valve is live on Desert Techs website (https://deserttech.com/parts.php?item=2385). $49.99 until June 30, then it raises to $79.99 with the exception of individuals on preorder who will have 30 days to buy it at the $49.99 rate! Can't wait to try it in my MDR.
patrick711
^

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 08:42:46 PM »

This is so sadly ridiculous, MDR's ripping brass an all kinds of issues an DT has the greed to charge for a part that probably should have been installed on every gun out the door so far. That is a big spoon of salt in the wounds of every customer that is having issues. 
Heathsrow

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 08:47:20 PM »

For those of us who aren’t having issues, this is a welcome addition!! I feel for those who are having issues, but I am enjoying my MDR and can’t wait to get the 5.56 or 300 BLK conversion!!
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 08:49:18 PM »

This is something that should have been a "swap old for new" part.  Very, very disappointed.

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 09:15:59 PM »

Told you guys this was going to happen.

Unfortunately I’ve been burned by greedy business practices. This is one of them.

Knowing all the gas problems documented so far should have this as a free replacement to all MDRs prior to this updated gas valve...then ALL new MDRs should have these installed prior to leaving to end user.

Pathetic DT. You fail. You could have made people happy that stood by you for the past 4 years and now you know you have a broken system and try to extort more dollars from you loyal fans.

This part shouldn’t be for sale...this part should be a standard part.

Angry Angry Angry
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:21:36 PM by thehun » Logged
Blackandwhiteknight
^

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 09:18:40 PM »

This is so sadly ridiculous, MDR's ripping brass an all kinds of issues an DT has the greed to charge for a part that probably should have been installed on every gun out the door so far. That is a big spoon of salt in the wounds of every customer that is having issues. 

First reaction Cheesy Yay, about time

Reads further $49.99  Angry

Considering all new rifles will probably ship with this 6 pos plug, charging pre-order loyalist for something you fked up is just low...
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 09:20:23 PM »

Off MDR website

Description
New 6-position gas valve kit allows for a wider range of gas adjustments of the MDR for reliable functioning as well as accommodating a wider selection of suppressors currently on the market. Kit includes valve, coiled spring pin, gas knob detent spring, and gas knob detent. Valve will come with piston ring installed.

One can't help but noticed the part were it says "for reliable functioning".
So they know the MDR isn't reliable and want to charge you to make it reliable?   I'm I missing something here?
This should be included with all new rifles along with a exchange programe for those who already have their mdr/mds's.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 09:26:02 PM »

What is going to be total sad is when people buy this gas plug and the rifle will still choke because of improper tolerance stacking.
Zeiram3f

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 09:35:55 PM »

Agreed - why charge us for something that should have been included in the first place? I remember Kel Tec sending me “the correct” piston when my RFB had one that was over gassing the rifle. Sent an email and photo - 5 days later I had a piston in my mailbox.

I’m still waiting for the warranty department to contact me back as well. Another area Kel Tec was faster with. I will say that I understand that DT is likely backlogged with customer complaints at the moment, especially with their team offsite at their recent convention. At this point I’d rather just sell the rifle back to DT and move on.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 09:36:19 PM »

What is going to be total sad is when people buy this gas plug and the rifle will still choke because of improper tolerance stacking.

I have two weeks of vacation in July...I'll roadtrip to Utah if necessary to get mine fixed if they don't work.

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 09:47:16 PM »

Agreed - why charge us for something that should have been included in the first place? I remember Kel Tec sending me “the correct” piston when my RFB had one that was over gassing the rifle. Sent an email and photo - 5 days later I had a piston in my mailbox.

I’m still waiting for the warranty department to contact me back as well. Another area Kel Tec was faster with. I will say that I understand that DT is likely backlogged with customer complaints at the moment, especially with their team offsite at their recent convention. At this point I’d rather just sell the rifle back to DT and move on.

Chances of DT buying back your MDR is slim. You might as well just sell it on the used market.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 09:48:04 PM »

I have two weeks of vacation in July...I'll roadtrip to Utah if necessary to get mine fixed if they don't work.

If you do this. I want a live broadcast when you walk in to drop them off for warranty service.
Zeiram3f

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 09:51:03 PM »

Hah. I know they wouldn’t take it back. The used market isn’t moving either, because everyone knows these things are a roll of the dice. The best offer I’ve seen so far is $2000 for the rifle, suppressor handguard and some mags. Only low ball offers so far.
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 09:58:18 PM »

Maybe we can trade our GB 'will be taken care of' t-shirts even for one?

Ooh, wait...never saw that either.

Will be buying one begrudgingly, but the rifle will be going back to DT pronto on any further issue at all, as this is a seriously low blow.

Also watching to see if new MDRs or the eventual 5.56 come with it pre-installed.

Can't wait to see next if IMI match needs one setting to not rip rims off, while PPU match won't cycle or extract on the same setting, so can waste time removing the handguard to change gas settings, and you know, actually shoot..

Not convinced it will cure all, but will see soon enough.  Too bad DT is choosing to make more $ instead of fixing their rifle and make customers happy with an already overpriced rifle.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:39:57 PM by rtp » Logged
Box

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 09:58:54 PM »

This is a very bad move by DT.

Awful, awful treatment of the loyal (and patient) customers.  Disgusting.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 10:05:02 PM »

Tavor 7 is looking more and more like the 308 bullpup I will end up with...at least I know IWI won't backstab their customer base and will release a WORKING product.

kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 10:19:05 PM »

If you do this. I want a live broadcast when you walk in to drop them off for warranty service.

Consider it done.

Kurt
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 11:05:15 PM »

How surprising of a move by DT. screw loose
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 11:53:11 PM »

I remember Kel Tec sending me “the correct” piston when my RFB had one that was over gassing the rifle. Sent an email and photo - 5 days later I had a piston in my mailbox.

likewise, some of the original RDB bolts suffered from the extractor retention pins walking out.  yeah it's a hassle to send your rifle in for them to provide the new updated bolt.  but, it was done AT NO COST and their turn times in doing so are exceptional in my experience.  well not a hassle really when they're providing a new bolt along with checking the headspace.  now i was sent an updated bolt, but subsequent instruction advised sending the rifle in along with the bolt to check headspace to ensure proper function - for obvious liability reasons.  anyway...  

obviously, with all the visibility here with problematic MDR threads dominating this forum lately...i agree this doesn't sit well.  if their rifles were problem free i think they would be able to get away with charging this for a 6 position gas plug.  

maybe it might be a good idea for them to start seeking out 3rd party interest not only for barrels but for the hand guards, gas plugs, etc...and so on in the same vein or analogous to the AR15 market ie uppers/lowers/bolts...to help alleviate the burden and who knows, maybe someone will get it right.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:57:22 PM by HBeretta » Logged
Sawdustshot

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 12:08:23 AM »

Chances of DT buying back your MDR is slim. You might as well just sell it on the used market.
Depending on the lemon laws in whichever state Zeiram lives in, DT may not have a choice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length