Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2018, 08:36:25 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Soon to be X-95 owner.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Soon to be X-95 owner.  (Read 366 times)
teufelhunden

« on: May 09, 2018, 11:40:52 AM »

Well, I think I will be a new X-95 owner next week. I tried resisting for a while, but finally gave in. I bought an Aug A3 a few years ago because its a rifle I've always wanted since I was a kid. While it is a great rifle, there is just something about the X-95. I can't ever save money. Guns are an incurable sickness dammit.
Now just have to choose ODG or FDE. Any recommendations on anything, or just go shoot the hell out of it?
Heavy

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 11:48:15 AM »

Clean out the factory preservative first. Otherwise it will turn to cement and your charging handle might get stuck. Then go shoot the hell out of it.
teufelhunden

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 12:15:10 PM »

Clean out the factory preservative first. Otherwise it will turn to cement and your charging handle might get stuck. Then go shoot the hell out of it.
Will do. Thanks.
SteveD

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 01:20:09 PM »

Get FDE, imo. I like the color better in general and the lighter shade makes it easier to spray paint later, if that's your thing.

If you haven't already, I suggest buying a suppressor. Get a 308 with a 556 endcap or an OSS suppressor (Botach has em for real cheap, but it's harder to deal with vs SilencerShop's Kiosks). Backpressure is a problem since you can't tune the gas system unless you get the 300 blkout version. The Kiosk method is SO EASY and I was originally discouraged from buying one with the fingerprints and whatnot. Not that you need a suppressor but it's something later on you might wanna have (if your state allows), buy, forget, and wait vs want it later and regret, and the bullpup with a 6" suppressor is as long as a standard AR15 so why not (if you want SHORT and relatively cheap, check out Dead Air Sandman K).  Home Defense that's gonna help with your hearing and flash.

Check out Manticore Arms for aftermarket products; they're really good. Wait for free shipping or 20% coupons if you have the patience!

When I got my SAR like 5 years ago I didn't clean it before shooting and had no problems, but these days I do clean out the factory grease out of any gun and use my own (Slip 2000 EWG). Doesn't hurt to use something you trust and know vs burning off the factory preservatives that might gunk up.

Shoot the f*** out of it, and imo, use steel ammo only for the initial few hundred-1k rounds. Good test for reliability and well it's cheaper.  If she eats em all, you call her the better AK  Wink
teufelhunden

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 01:53:52 PM »

Get FDE, imo. I like the color better in general and the lighter shade makes it easier to spray paint later, if that's your thing.

If you haven't already, I suggest buying a suppressor. Get a 308 with a 556 endcap or an OSS suppressor (Botach has em for real cheap, but it's harder to deal with vs SilencerShop's Kiosks). Backpressure is a problem since you can't tune the gas system unless you get the 300 blkout version. The Kiosk method is SO EASY and I was originally discouraged from buying one with the fingerprints and whatnot. Not that you need a suppressor but it's something later on you might wanna have (if your state allows), buy, forget, and wait vs want it later and regret, and the bullpup with a 6" suppressor is as long as a standard AR15 so why not (if you want SHORT and relatively cheap, check out Dead Air Sandman K).  Home Defense that's gonna help with your hearing and flash.

Check out Manticore Arms for aftermarket products; they're really good. Wait for free shipping or 20% coupons if you have the patience!

When I got my SAR like 5 years ago I didn't clean it before shooting and had no problems, but these days I do clean out the factory grease out of any gun and use my own (Slip 2000 EWG). Doesn't hurt to use something you trust and know vs burning off the factory preservatives that might gunk up.

Shoot the f*** out of it, and imo, use steel ammo only for the initial few hundred-1k rounds. Good test for reliability and well it's cheaper.  If she eats em all, you call her the better AK  Wink
I have definitely been wanting a suppressor, so I might go ahead and take the plunge. I'll check those suggestions out. I usually keep all my guns clean. Thanks to the Marine Corps, mine have to be. Their cries from the safe wake me at night.  Grin. Thanks for the info!
rjhyland

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 07:36:44 PM »

Welcome to the club!
One thing on the X95 and you can decide if you want to do it or not as some people swear by it and others say it makes no difference.

There are 2 bushings that surround the barrel. One at the end of the fore grip and one at the back. Removing them takes those contact points off the barrel and "may" improve accuracy.

The bolt was changed at some point and the new version has 2 extractors compared to the early units that had one.

If your optic uses a CR32 battery there is room at the top of the butt pad on top to store a spare.

Other than those I can't think of anything more. The after market is good for goodies if you want some and that's been mentioned already.

Looking forward to seeing your new X95.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 07:53:48 PM by rjhyland » Logged
Rastoff

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 10:45:49 PM »

Welcome to the club! I was looking for the original Tavor SAR and my dealer talked me into the X95. I'm really glad he did.

Since I've purchased my X95, I've never looked back. The AR just sits in the safe now. Even when I plan on shooting the AR, somehow the X95 ends up with me at the range.

The ODG color is much less common. Therefore, that would be unique. I like my black gun, but it's whatever makes your heart beat faster that's the right color for you.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
teufelhunden

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 08:38:13 AM »

Thanks for all the tips. Hopefully I'll have one in hand Tuesday. FDE just looks awesome, plus a local shop has one on the shelf. I'll post pics when I get it. Thanks again fellas.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length