Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 25, 2019, 12:58:03 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Tavor SAR Israeli/Canadian paracord sling loop replica
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Tavor SAR Israeli/Canadian paracord sling loop replica  (Read 6688 times)
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 02:53:58 PM »

SITREP or update on status of X-95 version? Very interested in getting one. 

Yep it's coming--I've been busy with overtime and other projects lately, but I have a week and a half off starting next week so I'll get it done. The SAR version is done--I'm getting ready to order the prototype from Shapeways along with some other things I need from there, so I'll go ahead and get the X95 version done too so I can get them both printed at the same time. I'll post pics when I have the prototypes in hand.

If there's enough interest, I can look into having a run of these made via CNC. The design might have to be tweaked a little for that on the inside but it would of course look the same outside (OEM IDF loop) and be a drop-in replacement for the American QD attachment. Finish options would probably include matte black powder coat (looks most like the OEM plastic IMO while still being highly durable) or flat black anodizing. So stay tuned. This project is very much alive, unless IWI steps up and makes the OEM versions available in the meantime! (IWI if you're reading this, PLEASE do!)

:cough: ROUND IDF HANDGUARD :cough:

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
DubageL

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 08:29:24 PM »

Iím in for an x95, if you do a metal one to. 👍
DyeF9

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2019, 10:32:37 PM »

SITREP or update on status of X-95 version? Very interested in getting one. 

Yep it's coming--I've been busy with overtime and other projects lately, but I have a week and a half off starting next week so I'll get it done. The SAR version is done--I'm getting ready to order the prototype from Shapeways along with some other things I need from there, so I'll go ahead and get the X95 version done too so I can get them both printed at the same time. I'll post pics when I have the prototypes in hand.

If there's enough interest, I can look into having a run of these made via CNC. The design might have to be tweaked a little for that on the inside but it would of course look the same outside (OEM IDF loop) and be a drop-in replacement for the American QD attachment. Finish options would probably include matte black powder coat (looks most like the OEM plastic IMO while still being highly durable) or flat black anodizing. So stay tuned. This project is very much alive, unless IWI steps up and makes the OEM versions available in the meantime! (IWI if you're reading this, PLEASE do!)

:cough: ROUND IDF HANDGUARD :cough:

This still something that's being worked on? Id be interested in some for my SAR
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2019, 10:08:14 AM »

Could be interested on one for my SAR...depending on price of course... Grin
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2019, 09:28:47 PM »

Thanks for the interest guys.

So a few months back I did have the SAR version printed in bronze steel from Shapeways just to get a metal prototype. The problem, however, as I should have expected, was shrinkage in scale due to the printing process. The one I received was too small--probably 2-3% too small, to fit properly. So 3D printing is out--that would have been the easiest way for me to offer these to you guys. I would have to make these on a CNC mill and then have them media blasted and anodized, or matte black powder coated for a more plastic appearance. Don't expect things soon though, unfortunately--I'm in the process of starting an LLC for another business and am developing products for that, so that has been my primary focus. I have to confess though, a huge part of me is hoping--desperately--that IWI US will order some of these from Israel so we can just have the real deal.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who still wants these. QD isn't the only way to mount a sling...

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length