Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2018, 08:49:26 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  M21 Polarizer or WOR?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: M21 Polarizer or WOR?  (Read 714 times)
BillyG

« on: May 02, 2018, 03:19:22 PM »

Wondering were to throw my $...or just to save it all together. For those that have used them, which do you prefer and would you do it again.

Thanks for your input.
Richard W.

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 06:13:30 PM »

I've got a WOR unit and I've never liked the way the knob sticks out so far.

What about the M21 Illuminator?

https://www.amazon.com/Meprolight-Illuminator-Reticle-Enhancement-Module/dp/B078HY5357

BillyG

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 09:00:27 PM »

Thatís the kind of feedback Iím looking for. When I look at pictures of the WOR and Illuminator...I wonder how that knob sticking out will affect my vision/focus of the target. Iím not keen on needing batteries either. Wondering how little it takes to tear it off...

As far as the polarizer, does it work? Does it help with washout? Does it work with the flash kill? No batteries is a plus. Downside is it is plastic...durability?

Cost between the two isnít a factor for me. Just looking for practicality and how well they work.
boscoman

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 09:18:05 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/Meprolight-Illuminator-Reticle-Enhancement-Module/dp/B078HY5357

This I like. Looks well made.
 I had one of the early illuminators that stuck out like a sore thumb & ripped off the first time it got knocked into something.
Now having a Mepro Light red dot I have simply accepted the need for batteries. That being,  that new device would be the way I would go if I was still using the Mepro 21.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 03:01:41 PM »

Larryz posted this in another thread and you'll have to decide if your ok with that.

I have one.  It fits very cleanly on the M21.  So far, it seems to be well built and works great.  If remaining hidden is an issue, be aware that the led illuminating the reticle leaks light into the other illuminator panels, and at high intensities, your M21 glows in the dark.

And given that the price is ~$20 less than the polarizer, I think this is a more elegant solution, because the REM21 can be used with the killflash that comes with the M21.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length