Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2018, 04:00:28 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Need recomendation for RFB ammo
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need recomendation for RFB ammo  (Read 507 times)
tommytwoguns

« on: May 01, 2018, 10:20:46 PM »

As a long range shooter with at Tikka TAC A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor I am use to hear folks argue longly and loudly about which ammo is best.  I am suppose to get my RFB later this week and am wondering about the ammo of choice.  I know there are small differences between .308 and 7.65 that LPR guys are happy to detail.  So I guess that is the first question should I get .308 or 7.65; or maybe if there is even a difference in the two in an RFB.  Next is what loads and brands seem to work best; and maybe more to the point give the best bang for the buck.  Any other advice welcome.
Ronmar

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 12:10:30 AM »

For all practical purposes there is no difference between 7.62 and 308 winchester.  The milspec ammo has a thicker case and is specced with a slightly different pressure.  But since it is also measured in CUP and not PSI there is a lot of confusion.  Have seen both run in either specced rifle for decades without issue.  If a new RFB, it may have a better chamber than earlier rifles have, and I believe the longer barrel has a twist favoring heavier bullets. Beyond that havnt heard too many hunter reccomendations.  I would reccomend when you find something that works ok, that you try something steel cased along with it as a comparison...
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length