Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2018, 06:42:26 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  April/May Update
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: April/May Update  (Read 1217 times)
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: April 30, 2018, 04:11:05 PM »

MDR Update 4-30-18

Dear Valued Customers,

308 MDR Production and Shipping

The production ramp up and shipping schedule for the MDR has been consistent over the past few months with MDR’s shipping out nearly every day. Although we have yet to reach our capacity goal we are moving closer to our target every week. We regret that some of you have seen your delivery dates pushed out but are very pleased to see many anxious customers that now have MDR’s in their hands and on the range.  
Making the transition from a low volume Precision Rifle to the high volume MDR has caused us some growing pains as expected. Although we were fully aware and felt prepared for many of the challenges that we would face, we continue to learn from our experiences and are a better company because of it.

223 MDR Status

As we have demonstrated at 2018 Shot Show and various other events, the initial 223 MDR Test Guns are performing exceptionally well.  However, the emphasis from the engineering staff on the MDR production ramp up has constrained our engineering resources, causing the longevity testing to take longer than anticipated.
We are nearly complete with the testing that we expect will ensure an amazing experience for every rifle’s first trip to the range. Upon completion of the testing we will begin Final Production of 223 MDR’s and expect to start shipping in June 2018.

Delivery Dates

Delivery dates listed on your Desert Tech account will continue to be adjusted to our best estimate at the time. Please note that we are taking a more conservative approach with Delivery Dates for 223 MDR’s. Delivery dates beyond July 2018 are likely to be moved up as the 223 MDR ramp up improves.
We appreciate the patience and support we have received from many of our Customers and we share the frustrations and anxiety with every day that passes.
We want nothing more than to get you on the range with the your MDR.

Sincerely,

Carson Jenkins
Desert Tech,
Director of Marketing  

So .... June. And more than likely, July.  I'm betting they cant the .223 model out the door because they're having too much trouble repairing the .308 models.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:48:16 PM by Slateman » Logged
jreffner

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 05:09:55 PM »

Slateman,

Thank you for posting this.
hillbillyjim
^

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 07:00:08 PM »

Wish they have updates on the issues people are having with their new mdrs
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 12:14:57 AM »

Wish they have updates on the issues people are having with their new mdrs

Why would they do that?  All doing that would do is invite everyone with no skin in the game to trash them for now good reason, while ignoring the people who have had zero issues with theirs.

Kurt
Trips

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 10:23:47 AM »

...and convince those with preorders who keep hanging on to punch out.
Trips

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 10:28:29 AM »

KFelt, please go out and have some fun with one or both of those mdr's soon.  Really looking forward to hearing your feedback on them.
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 01:20:34 PM »

I put in for a suppressor in March. I'm betting I have it before .223 MDRs start "ramping up" production.
thehun

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 01:27:18 PM »

I'd say September is when we will see the 223 MDRs...
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 08:19:47 PM »

KFelt, please go out and have some fun with one or both of those mdr's soon.  Really looking forward to hearing your feedback on them.

Most likely within the next couple weeks.  My current class on marketing isn't difficult, but the research and workload is backbreaking.  I love the concept of an accelerated degree where you do one class at a time in 5-7 weeks, but damn...the out of class work can be suffocating.

Kurt
wagrn
^

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 11:37:18 AM »

Anyone go to NRA show and check out DT  booth?
GoShort
New Posting Member

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 08:51:06 PM »

I ordered my MDR directly from DT in early April
my 308 rifle is slated for July 9th delivery and my 5.56 conversion for September 8th
originally my rifle was supposed to arrive July 19th so it moved up 10 days
not sure if those numbers will hold but if they do then they should be getting them out pretty quick now.
mityno1
^

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 06:52:03 AM »

I ordered my MDR directly from DT in early April
my 308 rifle is slated for July 9th delivery and my 5.56 conversion for September 8th
originally my rifle was supposed to arrive July 19th so it moved up 10 days
not sure if those numbers will hold but if they do then they should be getting them out pretty quick now.

Sweet!

Re: MDR Group Buy - official BPF list!
« Reply #360 on: January 04, 2015, 05:29:50 AM »
(Still waiting patiently on an FDE...)
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length