Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 10:26:25 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Lets See If I Can Break It (My MDR)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Lets See If I Can Break It (My MDR)  (Read 13922 times)
JesseJames38

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2018, 08:05:56 PM »

You can buy a .308 and 6.5 creedmore from es tactical. 
CabbitOne
^

« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2018, 06:44:46 PM »

DT does have a great service department so you should see it back soon.

So I emailed DT on the 24th, here is the response I received;

"It has been received, and we are diagnosing it now. Yours is showing some slightly different symptoms, so I would like to make sure we get to the root cause."

Sounds... not good?
Articlion

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2018, 08:02:16 PM »

"It has been received, and we are diagnosing it now. Yours is showing some slightly different symptoms, so I would like to make sure we get to the root cause."

Sounds... not good?

yeah not so sure how good the warranty department is turning out to be they have had mine for two weeks thats longer than i have had it in my possession supposably they are blaming the issues on the barrel but since dt docent make anything in house they don't have any to spare they are filling preorders instead of pulling me a barrel off the line and getting me a rifle that i paid for. who knows how long till they get all the preorders cought up and can spare me a barrel i hope you don't need one too
Articlion

« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2018, 08:50:50 PM »

From dt no need to worry about our non functioning rifles I went strait to the ceo and this is what I got “We spent several weeks testing samples of the final production guns to ensure there were no reliability or endurance problems and we are happy to report they are flawless!” LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
CabbitOne
^

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2018, 09:41:38 PM »

Sounds... not good?

yeah not so sure how good the warranty department is turning out to be they have had mine for two weeks thats longer than i have had it in my possession supposably they are blaming the issues on the barrel but since dt docent make anything in house they don't have any to spare they are filling preorders instead of pulling me a barrel off the line and getting me a rifle that i paid for. who knows how long till they get all the preorders cought up and can spare me a barrel i hope you don't need one too

What was wrong with your barrel?
CabbitOne
^

« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2018, 09:45:22 PM »

From dt no need to worry about our non functioning rifles I went strait to the ceo and this is what I got “We spent several weeks testing samples of the final production guns to ensure there were no reliability or endurance problems and we are happy to report they are flawless!” LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Context?

Also, "several" isn't a good quantifier. Several weeks could be four, it might be forty. Also it doesn't specify how much testing occurred over those several weeks. Was it one rifle for five minutes each week? Or fifty rifles for twenty four hours a day each week?
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2018, 09:46:31 PM »

You forgot the bit where they only tested PMags and the only tester had trained fingers of steel and loved the mag release. Meh.

New gas plug showed up today.  Getting more and more disenchanted at the moment, but may be able to make it to go attempt to shoot again this weekend.
Articlion

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2018, 10:07:22 PM »

"It has been received, and we are diagnosing it now. Yours is showing some slightly different symptoms, so I would like to make sure we get to the root cause." either way it doesn't seem to be good for anything but shaving brass and holding onto cases really well

Sounds... not good?

Not sure they would not elaborate I assume the chamber is the wrong size, crooked or fouled with mim parts

* IMG_7514.JPG (61.1 KB, 640x480 - viewed 140 times.)

* IMG_7493.JPG (100.14 KB, 640x480 - viewed 132 times.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:16:43 PM by Articlion » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2018, 11:12:27 PM »

I am just now going to keep eating  Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn ....
CabbitOne
^

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2018, 10:56:39 AM »

"It has been received, and we are diagnosing it now. Yours is showing some slightly different symptoms, so I would like to make sure we get to the root cause." either way it doesn't seem to be good for anything but shaving brass and holding onto cases really well

Sounds... not good?

Not sure they would not elaborate I assume the chamber is the wrong size, crooked or fouled with mim parts

Jesus....

Also an update from DT today regarding my rifle;

"...your rifle and a few others have been exhibiting some issues that are out of the ordinary. We are currently doing some very in depth testing of components to see what is causing the issue, so that we can both fix your rifle, and keep it from happening again to other rifles. I don’t have a lot of information at the moment, but I should have some soon. Im hoping we will have an easy fix or part replacement that will correct the problem with your rifle. And of course, I will let you know as soon as we do."

I hope and pray the part about keeping it from reoccurring is true. I want so badly for DT to right this ship. The platform has so much potential but seems to have poor execution.
Articlion

« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2018, 11:54:55 AM »

Not so sure about all this they should be able to break down the rifle clean it and qc it to find the out of tolerance part swap it out and test the rifle in a couple hours. My other thought is all the parts are in spec and they can’t figure out why it won’t work which would be bad news if of the parts are in tolerance. Dt should change their final qc check and test fire 1 full mag before shipping their product until they get their issues resolved
CabbitOne
^

« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2018, 02:54:55 PM »

Not so sure about all this they should be able to break down the rifle clean it and qc it to find the out of tolerance part swap it out and test the rifle in a couple hours. My other thought is all the parts are in spec and they can’t figure out why it won’t work which would be bad news if of the parts are in tolerance. Dt should change their final qc check and test fire 1 full mag before shipping their product until they get their issues resolved

My fear is that all the parts are in spec, but the tolerances are not tight enough per spec and the gun doesn't work as a result. So, then they have to mix and match parts till they produce a working gun. Heck, might not even be a tolerance issue, the parts might just not be appropriately dimensioned from the get go.
Alternatively, a huge quantity of their parts may be out of spec and again they play the mix and match game until something works.

Regardless, from an outsiders perspective it seems like DT needs to over-hall their entire process. Drawings, purchasing, acceptance, inventory, production, inspecting & testing, and distribution. If they have a QMS, it doesn't seem to be working. If they don't have a QMS, they should institute one.

Starting to remind me of the horror stories people told of dealing with Microtech and the MSAR.

If everything is working as it should be their production guys ought to be getting a bucket of parts and being told to build a rifle. Or, I guess pulling the parts themselves. Those parts should all work together regardless of who pulled them or what parts they're being used with. That rifle out go over to a QC person(s) who tests it form and function. Not just shooting a couple rounds through it. If something doesn't work an investigation should be performed to determine the failure point. It should then be addressed and not reoccur.
Somewhere in their process(es) they have failure(s). Either its managerial failure and pushing crap through the pipeline, QC not identifying and correcting failures, production actively breaking s***, and/or purchasing/design not designing and acquiring appropriate materials. Their issue with shipping the wrong rifle out to me makes me think there are multiple (major?) orgizational issues they're dealing with.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 03:02:15 PM by CabbitOne » Logged
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2018, 08:05:04 PM »

Were the ES tactical not so (relatively) expensive, AND I was confident in a barrel and gas block/piston solving ALL issues - I'd be tempted to actually purchase both - the 18"-20" .308 many of us wanted from DT and the 6.5C.

As it is, has to remain a waiting game for me at the moment still (to see if reliability is eventually there, or not).
CabbitOne
^

« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2018, 09:21:17 PM »

Were the ES tactical not so (relatively) expensive, AND I was confident in a barrel and gas block/piston solving ALL issues - I'd be tempted to actually purchase both - the 18"-20" .308 many of us wanted from DT and the 6.5C.

As it is, has to remain a waiting game for me at the moment still (to see if reliability is eventually there, or not).

I'm pretty much of the same mindset. If I could purchase the 6.5 barrel from them and it solve all my problems, I'd just do that and call it a day.
With all the issues I've experienced with the rifle and the (often worse) issues others have, I cannot even begin to think of this as a defensive tool. So, at best, its a hunting rifle for me.
mityno1
^

« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2018, 10:40:47 PM »

I'm pretty much of the same mindset. If I could purchase the 6.5 barrel from them and it solve all my problems, I'd just do that and call it a day.
With all the issues I've experienced with the rifle and the (often worse) issues others have, I cannot even begin to think of this as a defensive tool. So, at best, its a hunting rifle for me.

Ditto. In fact I am contemplating waiting until I can just buy the MDR in 6.5 Creedmoor and leave it a dedicated 6.5 semi-auto/semi-precision rifle.

Re: MDR Group Buy - official BPF list!
« Reply #360 on: January 04, 2015, 05:29:50 AM »
(Still waiting patiently on an FDE...)
Blackandwhiteknight
^

« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2018, 11:03:52 PM »

Pretty much in the same frame of mind. All the really big issues I've seen in mine should be fixable in the barrel and gas system.  I would think the ES tactical setup would work well, seeing as everything I've seen from them looks squared away.  The fact that the custom ported the gas block/ plug shows they know what's up with the MDR.  The only reason I am keeping the MDR at this point is the .223 conversion that's on pre-order.  Again whole new barrel, gas system, and caliber. Should be much better. Just using the .308 to break things in, and troubleshoot at this point. If things work out I think a 18" .308 ES tactical barrel is in the cards down the line.  I'm sure its much better than the DT one.
GoShort

« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2018, 11:13:45 PM »

I have a 20" DMR 6.5CM barrel on order from ES. I will post detailed pics when i get it in a few weeks

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

wagrn
^

« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2018, 11:22:41 PM »

Anyone run steel through there MRS?  Curious if the harder case is still having the same extraction issues.
Blackandwhiteknight
^

« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2018, 11:30:30 PM »

I have a 20" DMR 6.5CM barrel on order from ES. I will post detailed pics when i get it in a few weeks

Would be really interested in the dimensions of the gas plug if you have some calipers.  Internal size of the plug and the ports.  Curious if theirs is the same as DT's?
GoShort

« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2018, 11:44:51 PM »

Would be really interested in the dimensions of the gas plug if you have some calipers.  Internal size of the plug and the ports.  Curious if theirs is the same as DT's?
I do have a caliber and will add those numbers in the post.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length