Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2018, 08:47:52 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Lets See If I Can Break It (My MDR)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print
Author Topic: Lets See If I Can Break It (My MDR)  (Read 17234 times)
coldboremiracle

« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2018, 04:23:40 PM »

When you have a private label match ammo, like what DT has, its specs can vary from commercial rounds...so if the chamber is spec'd form that round...it might cause issues on others...its just hypothesis that I do not think it has been tried.
Interesting hypothesis, but only that.

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2018, 04:38:50 PM »

When you have a private label match ammo, like what DT has, its specs can vary from commercial rounds...so if the chamber is spec'd form that round...it might cause issues on others...its just hypothesis that I do not think it has been tried.

What are the specific chamber specs?

Kurt
Blackandwhiteknight
^

« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2018, 05:03:24 PM »

Not helping your case Coldbore.  Instead of stooping to his level how about posting information in a professional manner, that well represents your company.  "Here's exactly what the specs are, the MDR was designed to function with X ammunition but not Y". "Thank you for your interest in Desert Tech products".

The Desert Tech brand is in a lot of trouble.  Malfunctioning rifles make for very bad word of mouth reputation.  A lot of your loyal pre-order customers who gave $2500 loans years in advance, and received non-functioning rifles are pissed.

People can accept setbacks, but poor treatment of your customers is going to sink your ship. Be transparent, be honest.
Articlion

« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2018, 05:16:28 PM »

well i could test this out for you i have about 100 rounds of dt ammo but my jammomatic oops meant mdr ran so poorly the week that i did have it i did not want to wast it until the rifle would at least run a mag without jamming. unfortunetly i got moved to the back of the waitlist line  because dt refueses to pull parts from production guns to repair nonfunctioning rifles they already sent out and of course spare parts for it are unavailable.  I would say it will be two moar weeks till i get mine back but i think its more like two moar years when the warranty is up
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2018, 07:51:14 PM »

I thought you weren't an engineer Wink So what are the chamber specs...because its not really consistent from what has been reported...and it has been suspect from end user feedback on the potentially issues surrounding reliability. Since my theory is just a hypothesis and you confirmed that is all it is, is DT match ammo really just an overprice private label retail match ammo? I assumed the way you guys market the round...it is specific to DT...hence why...it can vary in areas.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 07:56:26 PM by thehun » Logged
cjgemm
^

« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2018, 08:12:15 PM »

I thought you weren't an engineer Wink So what are the chamber specs...because its not really consistent from what has been reported...and it has been suspect from end user feedback on the potentially issues surrounding reliability. Since my theory is just a hypothesis and you confirmed that is all it is, is DT match ammo really just an overprice private label retail match ammo? I assumed the way you guys market the round...it is specific to DT...hence why...it can vary in areas.

I'm starting to wonder if you even shoot...
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2018, 08:31:21 PM »

Probably way more than you. But please tell me how that post makes you think I donít shoot.

You obviously donít if you think that a custom match ammo canít vary outside of normal specs when it comes to aspects including OAL, powder, burn, neck etc. You donít think that itís plausible for a chamber to be made exactly to a round spec? You donít think if said chamber varies a bit that it can cause malfunctions with other rounds?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 10:22:05 PM by thehun » Logged
cjgemm
^

« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2018, 11:00:10 AM »

Probably way more than you. But please tell me how that post makes you think I donít shoot.

You obviously donít if you think that a custom match ammo canít vary outside of normal specs when it comes to aspects including OAL, powder, burn, neck etc. You donít think that itís plausible for a chamber to be made exactly to a round spec? You donít think if said chamber varies a bit that it can cause malfunctions with other rounds?

While there are company's that will load "custom" ammo for your rifle http://coppercreekammo.com/loaddev/, DT Munitions is not one of them...

While they might hold things to very consistent tolerances (as most Match ammunition manufactures strive to do), and a .5 MOA accuracy guarantee from a precision rifle.  They are bound by the same SAAMI specs as Federal, Hornady, Prime etc.

As for shooting more, what exactly is your keystroke to round count ratio?  Doe's Impact make a special data book page for that?
Whoops

« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2018, 11:48:03 AM »

While there are company's that will load "custom" ammo for your rifle http://coppercreekammo.com/loaddev/, DT Munitions is not one of them...

While they might hold things to very consistent tolerances (as most Match ammunition manufactures strive to do), and a .5 MOA accuracy guarantee from a precision rifle.  They are bound by the same SAAMI specs as Federal, Hornady, Prime etc.

As for shooting more, what exactly is your keystroke to round count ratio?  Doe's Impact make a special data book page for that?

Why is everyone an insufferable piece of ****?

I don't even really.like thehun, but his point is possible and you deliberately trying to mix up what he said is s***ty. If there ammo.is at the extreme end of SAAMI specs and the gun is built to run with that ammo, then it could easily cause issues. Maybe less time mag dumping on the range is what you need, try working those keystrokes a bit and researching how find actually work.
cjgemm
^

« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2018, 12:11:23 PM »

While they might hold things to very consistent tolerances (as most Match ammunition manufactures strive to do), and a .5 MOA accuracy guarantee from a precision rifle.  They are bound by the same SAAMI specs as Federal, Hornady, Prime etc.

As for shooting more, what exactly is your keystroke to round count ratio?  Doe's Impact make a special data book page for that?

Why is everyone an insufferable piece of ****?

I don't even really.like thehun, but his point is possible and you deliberately trying to mix up what he said is s***ty. If there ammo.is at the extreme end of SAAMI specs and the gun is built to run with that ammo, then it could easily cause issues. Maybe less time mag dumping on the range is what you need, try working those keystrokes a bit and researching how find actually work.

So...

What exactly is the extemmmmme edge of 2.8"?  And how would that effect every other rifle that is not a MDR when the goal is .5MOA or better?

That's right DT called up PTG and had a custom reamer's made up to match their ammo, that does what its supposed to in non-MDR rifles...

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 12:42:54 PM by cjgemm » Logged
coldboremiracle

« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2018, 02:10:07 PM »

Not helping your case Coldbore.  Instead of stooping to his level how about posting information in a professional manner, that well represents your company.  "Here's exactly what the specs are, the MDR was designed to function with X ammunition but not Y". "Thank you for your interest in Desert Tech products".
I dont have a case. You guys are making a case, an interesting one as I mentioned, but it is incorrect. I dont know the exact specs of the chamber, but I do know that it was not made specifically for DTM Match, or any other specific ammunition or brand or type.
I dont share exact specs because I dont have them. I am here as an individual, same as anyone else. I dont speak for DT but I do try and interject where I can with what I do know and feel comfortable sharing. But I dont have daily meetings with Nick Young to to inform him what is being discussed on the BPF, nor do I get updates on chamber specs, ship dates, or conversion kit status'. I am happy to help where I can , but I am not the single point of DT info dissemination that some would like to believe.
If I had a case to make, it would be only this; I like Desert Tech products. I like them enough to spend my own hard earned money on them long before I was employed there. And despite the issues, both myself and the majority of people I speak with quite enjoy the MDR and are happy with it. 

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
Whoops

« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2018, 02:38:48 PM »

Can we see these positive reports? I mean, some folks have had great results with their MDR I'm willing to bet, but I'd love to see where all these positive reports are given that I have yet to see a single one.
coldboremiracle

« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2018, 03:25:52 PM »

Can we see these positive reports? I mean, some folks have had great results with their MDR I'm willing to bet, but I'd love to see where all these positive reports are given that I have yet to see a single one.
Gotta leave the BPF  Wink

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
Whoops

« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2018, 03:38:18 PM »

Gotta leave the BPF  Wink

I know that folks are more.likely to complain here, which is why I'm asking you to provide us those sources of people having a great time with their MDR.

Also as a correction to my earlier statement, I do believe I've seen one or two positive MDR experiences here but as of yet I'd like to see something that I dictates the vast majority of people haven't been having a hard time getting more than a few mags downrange.
AF Gunner

« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2018, 03:39:30 PM »

I've posted my positive review here more than once. 734 rounds and not a single issue... Search my posts you will find them.
coldboremiracle

« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2018, 03:54:28 PM »

I'd like to see something that indictates the vast majority of people haven't been having a hard time getting more than a few mags downrange.
The vast majority are not on BPF, nor are they on FB, or even post much online.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
Sawdustshot

« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2018, 09:04:48 PM »

Isn't that convenient that there's no public record of the experiences of the vast majority of owners.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2018, 09:32:55 PM »

Isn't that convenient that there's no public record of the experiences of the vast majority of owners.

That's sort of harsh, given the human propensity to publicly complain about every little thing at least a magnitude of times more than compliment.  Given the absolutely negative environment here and over at ARFcom, the two most public forums for discussion, I'm not surprised that people who have positive things to say are either keeping quiet or just left.

I'm not granting absolution to DT for the issues, just commenting on human nature. 

Kurt
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2018, 10:01:55 PM »

Yeah, this whole MDR sections gone haywire. Especially the stupidly confrontational comments.
Whoops

« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2018, 10:05:11 PM »

I've posted my positive review here more than once. 734 rounds and not a single issue... Search my posts you will find them.

Yeah I think it was you who I was referring to when I corrected myself in my next post.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length