Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2018, 12:14:51 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Prone vs. mag length
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Prone vs. mag length  (Read 328 times)
Vorpalis

« on: April 15, 2018, 08:36:49 PM »

For those who already have their MDR, do Magpul's 25-rounders extend low enough to cause issues when prone?  I'm thinking about picking up mags while I wait on my MDR, and don't have any other 7.62 rifle to estimate with.

Thanks!
JesseJames38

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 12:00:01 AM »

I don't have my MDR at the moment to test this out.  But the 25 round mags are about maybe .25" longer then a 30 round pmag.  Not sure if this would help you out. 
INV136

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 12:04:03 AM »

I can comfortably aim my MDR with a 25rd Pmag in the prone position. The bottom of the magazine will touch the ground, but, there is plenty of room for those that are anal retentive and don't want the magazine making ground contact to raise the weapon and thus the bottom of the magazine totally off the ground.
Blackandwhiteknight
^

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 02:49:43 AM »

Would really depend on body type and gear loadout.  If you are used to shooting an AR or other standard type rifle, and you don't use a bipod the shift of the pivot point will throw you off a little. With the magazine farther to the rear the muzzle seams to move quite a bit, and if you don't hold it down it will flip on you and scope thump you.  Just really different weight distribution. Shooting without armor it hasn't bothered me using the Pmag 25s in the MDR while prone.  Some of that may be a comfort thing with how low you like to sit.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length