Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 11:12:13 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  Aug charging handle upgrade Help needed!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Aug charging handle upgrade Help needed!  (Read 761 times)
ChrisP10872

« on: April 11, 2018, 02:59:53 PM »

Hey folks!
I'm new to this forum and own a Steyr Aug Z - the UK civilian version which is a single shot straight pull.
The rifle has the A1 charging handle and given that I'm having to charge the rifle every shot, my knuckles are taking a hammering!! However none of the handle upgrades fit the A1 assembly.
So my question is this...
Where can I get an A2 handle assembly that will ship to the UK? I know I will need to thin it down a little but will be able to get a nice handle!

That is unless anyone else has another idea??
Jack Flag

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 07:08:55 PM »

Are you charging the gun palm up or down?

You should try doing it palm up.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 07:28:51 PM by Jack Flag » Logged
ChrisP10872

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 01:24:11 AM »

Are you charging the gun palm up or down?

You should try doing it palm up.

Yup - palm up. But its not particularly easy that way, especially when you have to supply the pressure to eject the spent case. Can only really get my little finger on there which gets pretty sore after 100 rounds....
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 12:15:08 AM »

I purchased the Gear Head Works replacement charging handle for my two Steyr Aug A3 rifles and it solves the problem you're having. I have an Elcan DR Specter 1-4X scope on my Steyr Aug A3 top rail and the Gear Head Works charging handle works great. Plus it gives me a little more area to grasp the CH. Check it out. I also purchased their Flex Swivel. It replaces the factory take down slide and gives you a quick detach (QD) point to attach a sling QD attachment. I use my MagPul MS4 sling with the Flex Swivel, giving me a two point sling attachment with the front attachment point just forward of the magazine well.

https://www.gearheadworks.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=54_56&zenid=pai2gmsvneviec4ema0msr1eu4
ChrisP10872

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 03:19:15 PM »

Yeah that's the handle I want! Looks awesome! Just won't fit the A1 assembly. Can't seem to find an A2 assembly anywhere! Even PJS are out of stock!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length