Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2018, 09:06:53 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  X95 absolute cowitness with Leupold DP Pro
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X95 absolute cowitness with Leupold DP Pro  (Read 2529 times)
NurseFocker

« on: March 29, 2018, 12:20:33 PM »

Any suggestiins for a mount that will absolute cowitness on my x95 using a Leopold deltapoint pro?  I have the leupold base mount for it but it's way too low.  I can't find a mount that claims absolute cowitness for the x95 that's currently available.  The slide from elevated technology might work but it's not available on their website.   I have emailed them 2 times with no response.  Any help appreciated.
cciman

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 12:29:33 AM »

The "standard"  AR mount puts the center of optics made for AR glass at 2.5" above the flat top rail.

Measure your optic center from the base mounting.  You may have to put something together to get the height you need for the Deltapoint.

Perhaps a pictitinny high riser below the Deltap mount.

The lower the better, since the optic is parallax free, because sight over bore height is excessive with the TAVORs.

cciman

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 12:45:31 AM »

Your google-fu is WEAK.

Leupold DeltaPoint Pro AR DLOC Mount
NurseFocker

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 07:54:19 AM »

Lol, my Google ability isn't weak, I already looked at it.  It is a 1/3 mount, and I cannot find any info on absolute cowitness for it with the x95.  I ASSUMED it was not absolute.  Did you find anything on how it mounts with a Tavor x95? Undecided
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 09:01:21 AM »

Any “lower 1/3” Leupold Delta Mount will give you an absolute co-witness on the SAR/X95 rail.
NurseFocker

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 10:06:59 AM »

Thank you, I appreciate your help!  Do you have the Leopold sight yourself?  Any suggestions for a riser mount to use?  150 for the Leopold version seems a bit rediculous to me. 
cciman

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 11:50:51 AM »

Any “lower 1/3” Leupold Delta Mount will give you an absolute co-witness on the SAR/X95 rail.

Agreed.

$144 at Midway (googled it)

A high mount, combined with the mount to put the DP on a pic rail will probably work as well.   Not as pretty.

ADM makes good mounts: American Defense AD-TR STD.  You con put this on a high UTG mount: https://www.amazon.com/UTG-super-Picatinny-Riser-Mount/dp/B01BI0I9AS/ref=sr_1_5?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1522424652&sr=1-5&keywords=utg+high+mount

The two will add up to a nice absolute co-wit.  If too high, you can go with a UTG mid, and you are not out that much money.

BTW, that UTG super slim product is a nicely made, sturdy, lightweight piece.  don't let the price fool you.

NurseFocker

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 12:58:23 PM »

So if I pick up the UTG 1" riser, and attach my leupold picatanny base mount to it with the Deltapoint Pro, the height should be an absolute cowitness?  That would be great.  Thanks for the UTG suggestin, that's what the mounts should cost lol, saved me 140 bucks! Assuming it works.
cciman

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 12:54:14 AM »

I haven't tried it, but I think it will be close--- at least for putting the dot on the target....for the price it's worth the trial.
downeyg

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 08:22:19 AM »

BullpupT is correct.  I have a MRO on a lower 1/3 mount and it is an absolute co-witness on the X95.  When set up like this you have to get your face low on the stock.  This barely works for me and I may end up replacing the top rail with the one from Midwest Industries.
NurseFocker

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 04:42:29 PM »

I ordered the 1" riser as suggested.  I'll let you know how it works out after it comes and I get a chance to install it. 
cciman

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 09:34:28 PM »

Added rail height really messes with your close combat accuracy if you are aiming for inside the magic triangle on the face (not as much an issue with center mass), typically in a hurry, under stress, before the target moves, or around a hostage target being used as a shield.

THAT is the ONE big disadvantage of the Tavors for CQB (no drop in stock comb), you really have to train with that red dot being anywhere from 4-5 in over the bore.    Bigger glass (eotech, MRO, Mepro, aimpoint) is your friend, at the expense of weight and ninja factor-- they also have their own mounts that are close to correct height.

Adding additional rise (aftermarket rails) to your optic just to achieve "co-witness" concept may be  detrimental to CQB performance.  Inside 15 yards, you will have to get used to (train) putting the red dot in the air over the head.

NurseFocker

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 12:03:54 AM »

When I mounted the red dot directly to the rail with the Leupold picatanny mounting base, I literally could not get my face low enough on the gun to see the red dot.   Maybe I just have a fat face lol.  I don't foresee myself using this gun for any other purpose than shooting steel with my son so cqb is not an issue right now.  I also have other tools I use for home protection, not this.

I almost picked up the Leupold D--EVO and the carbine red dot instead of the dp pro.  I still might go that route, and throw it on a hand gun if I don't like the overall mount/look/fx of the do pro.  If you haven't noticed, I'm a Leupold fanboy as I have had great luck with their VX6 scopes hunting.
serb8
New Posting Member

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 12:45:29 PM »

Samson lower 1/3 deltapoint pro mount gives absolute co-witness on my tavor. Quick detach also.
NurseFocker

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 01:25:55 PM »

Well the 1 inch was way to tall.  Ordered the .5" should be here today.

* IMG_20180407_204202.jpg (4107.48 KB, 4160x3120 - viewed 162 times.)

* IMG_20180407_204202.jpg (4107.48 KB, 4160x3120 - viewed 139 times.)
NurseFocker

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 11:18:31 AM »

With a 0.5 inch riser and the Leupold base mount I now have the absolute cowitness I wanted.
cciman

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 02:27:09 PM »

sorry, I was imagining the DP to be much lower. 

Glad it worked out for you.
NurseFocker

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 04:13:40 PM »

No worries man.  I'm happy this worked out to only cost 25 bucks vs other options for 150!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length