Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2018, 08:36:12 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  In the market for a sling....
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: In the market for a sling....  (Read 1208 times)
TiltedBrim

« on: March 29, 2018, 07:20:10 AM »

Good morning,

I'm in the market for a sling for my X95 any suggestions?  Pardon me if there is already a thread on this topic.  Thanks in advance
limamike55

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 09:12:33 AM »

I am using the upgraded Viking Tactics Wide (Padded) Quick Adjust sling and really like it on my Tavors. Before that I used the Vickers Blue Force sling which was a good sling as well.
cciman

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 10:32:45 AM »

Several on the market.  Everyone has their favorite

Blue force < what I use

What I've seen that work well:
Mapgpul
Savvy sniper

You want something that is slide adjustable, on the run
Wide enough or padded to wear all day/night long with your chest gear (1/2 or 1/4 difference in width makes a huge diff in comfort).
Convertible to different layouts with quick detach points
Hardware that does not make alot of noise banging around.
Usable and movable to other guns.

Keep an eye on ebay to save some $$, or look for sales. 
Stay away from those Amazon no-name copy stuff that looks really good, but webbing is shiny.

Kevlar

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 11:18:54 AM »

I have a box of different slings that I have tried on my rifles.

I currently have the STI two point sling on my rifles.

It is simple

Comfortable with 1 1/4 inch tubular webbing

Low cost at $ 19.90 Amazon

Made in USA

I had never heard of it until I stumbled upon it on Amazon

I was using a similar configuration that I made from different parts prior to this sling.

I know it’s not the high speed, big name, tacticool, big buck sling that many have. 

Simple is good
JRKrejsa

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 01:06:01 AM »

Spec-Ops brand padded patrol sling.  I have 2, one on an AR, one on my X-95.  They hold up well.  About $30, I think.
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 09:41:57 AM »

Good morning,

I'm in the market for a sling for my X95 any suggestions?  Pardon me if there is already a thread on this topic.  Thanks in advance
Savvy Sniper Simply because they never get all twisted up. I switched to their sling 4 years ago . I bought the best one Which I can use for any platform QD or AK mounted Single and 2 point . Last sling you'll need . Mine still looks fairly New and must have 60,000 or more rounds of wear .
Rastoff

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 03:43:54 PM »

I like the Magpul MS1. It's $35 retail and less if you look around. Made in the US and since the X95 comes with two QD swivels, it's perfect. I have one and use it on my X95. It's easy to adjust and very comfortable.

One thing I like about it is the adjustment. It's a plastic piece that is large and easy to grab even with gloves. Because it fits flat to the sling, there's less sticking out that can get caught on things.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
downeyg

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 10:27:10 AM »

Avoid single point attachment slings, if you do anything more than just a stand in-place, you’re rifle will bounce all over the place.
NurseFocker

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 12:09:22 AM »

Another thumbs up from me for the savvy sniper.  Bought the best one they had with all metal connections.  About 130bucks, crazy overpriced for a sling, but I liked it, so price didn't matter.
bigeasy911

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 06:38:58 PM »

Vickers padded  and unpadded dependi g on planned use with nylon fittings.  Modify any of the slings that have a quick adjust slider tail so it has a ball aka a monkey fist or similar end attaches to paracord sewn into a reduced length of the slider tail. 

I found it is way easier and more secure feel for that ball to slide inbetween fingers as you grab for it without visual confirmation and gives a clear postive tactile feel confirmation you have the QA tail.  I tried the viking and it was way long. Vickers was ideal cor length.  Tried a tail  but In a loop of either strap or bungie.  Then I ended up finally with a monkey fist type end be it all paracord or a plastic type balll attached to a really short web strap tail. Works better with wet slick hands or frozen ones.  Between finger or hammer grip no matter how the grasp it to me feels way more secure and positive. 
 A loop was hit or miss and many timed end up grabing it just like a webbing strap rail.
Richard W.

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 06:49:51 PM »

Maybe there are better slings, but I wanted an Israeli sling for my SAR.

Seller ""Zahalorg" sells IDF issue Sayeret slings on ebay. Looks great on my FDE rifle.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Point-Adjustable-Tactical-IDF-Special-Forces-Rifle-Sling-OD-Green-/350809857693?

* sling.jpg (282.33 KB, 963x917 - viewed 39 times.)
bigeasy911

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 07:02:30 PM »

If I were to do a clone that is for sure the way I would go and it looks quite functional. 
BillyG

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 01:34:26 PM »

+1 for BlueForceGear or Savvy Sniper.
Shrike30

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 12:58:53 PM »

Another vote for the MS1 here, they're inexpensive, don't have a ton of nylon hanging loose once you adjust them, and the slider is easy to grab and adjust between slung tight and slung loose.

I keep mine attached to the right side of the butt of the gun, and to a THENAR (basically a 1" QD peg) attached about 2/3 up the left-side picatinny rail.  Never gets tangled up in my left hand because that peg serves as a hand stop.
g36kinnc

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 06:11:42 PM »

Check out the Urban ERT slings in many camo's, Wide, elastic sections, multi use designed, A bit expensive but, worth it.
DubageL

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 09:16:00 PM »

I have a plain green IDF “seatbelt” sling with metal hooks and paracord.
Rastoff

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 09:12:22 PM »

Check out the Urban ERT slings in many camo's, Wide, elastic sections, multi use designed, A bit expensive but, worth it.
Plastic clips make this a no go for me. I've seen too many of them break under daily use.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length