Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2018, 10:46:47 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Tavor7
| | | |-+  March Update (delayed)
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: March Update (delayed)  (Read 4000 times)
Bugshank
^

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 01:12:23 PM »

Not sure I'd equate it to an "MDR fiasco" since there aren't/weren't large numbers of prepaid customers on the hook.  It might be bad judgement on our part as consumers to take any gun manufacturer's announced "expected" delivery dates.  Still, I guess we'll see if this bump in the time frame for the T7 approaches the multi-year holdup the MDR experienced.

For quite a while now I just automatically add 6 months to a manufacturer's initial stated release date. Then when it's delayed, it's non-news to me and I'm already in patiently-waiting mode. If it DOES come out on time, then I'm pleasantly surprised.

IWI is a good company overall, but they've had some serious burns in the past. The 5.45 conversion for the SAR that never materialized, and the .300 Blk conversion for the SAR that was on full display at Shot Show, on their website, and then just tanked quietly as they transitioned into the X-95. I mean I get why certain business decisions are made but their marketing department needs the occasional firing for God's sake.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length