Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2018, 04:40:28 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  In Range video on MDR
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: In Range video on MDR  (Read 2815 times)
Glorfindel

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 05:46:04 PM »

ďThe MDR is distinctly better than the Tavor.Ē

Thatís revealing.

I'm assuming that's sarcasm, because that's what I thought too. "Distinctly better" how? Blacker black? Cooler sounds when you cycle the slide? Better ergonomics? The statement is too vague to put any stock in it. Particularly coming from someone who says he generally does not like bullpups, so is probably not overly familiar with them.. By the same token, the positive impression from someone who doesn't like bullpups is encouraging.
Kublah

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 05:51:18 PM »

The way the rifle was recoiling for Karl is more to my experience. I am not sure what he means by a concussion to your face when firing the rifle, I believe that is likely due to the way he is holding it as it seems to be quite an exaggerated recoil. The recoil impulse to me is pretty soft. My AK47 has more recoil impulse than my MDR. The MDR leaves no marks on my shoulder after a few hundred rounds while my AK will still redden the skin a little bit.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 05:53:58 PM by Kublah » Logged
mfederico4484
New Posting Member

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2018, 12:04:06 PM »

You have to Remember Ian has Shot almost every Bull-pup out their from the SAR-21 to the L85A2 and the EM-2.
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2018, 12:28:17 PM »

Thatís revealing.

I'm assuming that's sarcasm, because that's what I thought too. "Distinctly better" how? Blacker black? Cooler sounds when you cycle the slide? Better ergonomics? The statement is too vague to put any stock in it. Particularly coming from someone who says he generally does not like bullpups, so is probably not overly familiar with them.. By the same token, the positive impression from someone who doesn't like bullpups is encouraging.

I'm trying to figure out if you're being pedantic or you don't watch In Range.

They fired both at the same time basically, which was during the range day at Shot. They also have experience in the past with the Tavor X95 and SAR 16 and some other bullpups. But in this case, they are comparing it directly to the Tavor 7, which they weren't really impressed by. You can find that video on their channel.

They discussed the difference between switchin between left handed and right handed, then discussed the forward ejection. How it would help in competition and off handed shooting. Talked about the pressure from firing off hand in the .308 version.

Then talked about how well tuned it was. Everything felt nice. Again, shot at Tavor. Controls good, handles good.

Ian doesn't dislike bullpups, but he recognized that, practically speaking, they have no real value except to comply with NFA laws and still maintain a 16in barrel. Karl doesn't like them. Frankly if both are interested in trying it and going to matches with it, that's a really good endorsement. Actually, that is the best, most non-biased endorsement I've seen of the MDR to date. I'm actually getting excited again about the rifle.

Talked about how it had hype and it has some validity to it.
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2018, 04:50:12 PM »

Thatís revealing.

CBM: "Make sure to tell everyone that!"  Grin

Good video(for DT marketing, not necessarily technical/details), and nice to see the 5.56 being fired as well.
whiskey91lima

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 06:32:08 PM »

Thatís revealing.

CBM: "Make sure to tell everyone that!"  Grin

Good video(for DT marketing, not necessarily technical/details), and nice to see the 5.56 being fired as well.

IMHO, Ian and Karl hold the highest integrity among reviewers on YouTube. Iíve followed them for a long time and understand their position on the MDR in the past and bullpups in general. Itís certainly not a technical review and just an initial impressions after shooting both rifles. Itís encouraging.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 09:38:04 PM »

IMHO, Ian and Karl hold the highest integrity among reviewers on YouTube. Iíve followed them for a long time and understand their position on the MDR in the past and bullpups in general. Itís certainly not a technical review and just an initial impressions after shooting both rifles. Itís encouraging.

+1

Of the five or six reviewers that I follow on YT, Ian and Karl are at the top of the list when it comes to objectivity and trustworthiness.  I also like the fact that they actually run the gun in competitions under the clock rather than just blast away on the range.

Kurt
Potss
^

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 10:47:20 PM »

Mud test please!
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2018, 12:04:12 AM »

+1

Of the five or six reviewers that I follow on YT, Ian and Karl are at the top of the list when it comes to objectivity and trustworthiness.  I also like the fact that they actually run the gun in competitions under the clock rather than just blast away on the range.

Agreed.
Glorfindel

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2018, 12:41:43 AM »

I'm trying to figure out if you're being pedantic...

Guilty as charged! You go with your strengths...

In all seriousness, the interview made me more excited about the MDR too, although I'd already decided that I'm not cancelling my preorder regardless. My present circumstances prevent me from getting much range time for the next several months, so I've got the time to wait anyway.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2018, 02:39:48 AM »

Mud test please!

If I get my group buy MDR in the near future, I'm very tempted to contact them and offer it for the test.

Kurt
whiskey91lima

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2018, 03:20:32 AM »

Mud test please!

If I get my group buy MDR in the near future, I'm very tempted to contact them and offer it for the test.

I plan on offering them mine for the Hard As Hell match in August.
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2018, 10:42:50 PM »

. . . They fired both at the same time basically, which was during the range day at Shot. They also have experience in the past with the Tavor X95 and SAR 16 and some other bullpups. But in this case, they are comparing it directly to the Tavor 7, which they weren't really impressed by. You can find that video on their channel. . . .

Desert Tech MDR: Live fire, Handling and Analysis
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_ydSttKKrQ)

IWI Tavor 7 (308 Nato): Live fire, Handling & Analysis
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7tPUNL99Y)
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 01:03:47 AM »

Desert Tech MDR: Live fire, Handling and Analysis
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_ydSttKKrQ)

IWI Tavor 7 (308 Nato): Live fire, Handling & Analysis
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7tPUNL99Y)

I found it interesting to compare their enthusiasm for the T7 to the MDR and the amount of time they spent discussing it...

Kurt
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length