Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2018, 03:31:30 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Atrax F-90 pre order at Brownells
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Atrax F-90 pre order at Brownells  (Read 17057 times)
Jack Flag

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 03:33:34 PM »

I'm in the exact same boat. I really want to get one as well. But w/ little hard info out there...I'm waiting. Plus I should be able to get it significantly cheaper than $2000 ( I work part in a gun store and can buy at cost) when it actually starts to show up in distributors systems.

You just made me jealous, Jack lol.  Saving a few Benjamins is always a bonus.  I'm sure I'll be stuck paying full price, if I decide to purchase, and it'll be without getting the chance to handle it before purchase.  Here in the rectum of the United States, the only pups you will find are from IWI.  No Kel-Tecs, no Steyrs, and, I'm sure, no Lithgows will ever make it.  Sigh.  I did e-mail Dasan asking about the barrel, hoping for at least a nugget of information.  No reply other than crickets.

Grin
Well, I seriously doubt I'll ever see one before I buy. It seems 99% of the guns I'm interested in, I can't find locally anywhere. So I don't spend much time driving around trying to find one to finger bang. In all my years of gun ownership. The only AUG's I've ever seen in person, have been my own. Smiley I do see the occasional Tavor or Kel tec pup.
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 04:06:54 PM »

According to Lithgow arms website yes the barrel is cold hammer forged and will have the case deflector. can
Looks like you can preorder off there website as well.  I email them to see what the price is.  I'm sure it will be 2k if not more..

Doggone Lithgow has had the pre-order up since May 2017, Ditcher, and I put one in yet haven't heard a peep from them regarding that or the e-mails I've sent requesting information.  Just another example of the company's lack of initiative to be forthcoming with information.

Yeah I don't know what's going on with them if they are not talking to anyone.  Jon can't even get Josh from Lithgow to talk to him from what I understand.  Not a very good way to sell rifles.
The West Virginian

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 05:04:23 PM »

Yeah I don't know what's going on with them if they are not talking to anyone.  Jon can't even get Josh from Lithgow to talk to him from what I understand.  Not a very good way to sell rifles.

Same here.  Two e-mails to Josh and a message left on his voice mail have gone unanswered, and that's worrisome.  On the other hand, I did just get a reply from Dasan confirming the barrel on the soon-to-be-released Atrax is 16", CHF and chrome-lined with a 1:7 twist.  Things are looking up!   Smiley
Jack Flag

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2018, 04:42:05 PM »

They didn't mention anything about 20in barrels did they?
The West Virginian

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2018, 04:56:50 PM »

No mention of 20" barrels, Jack, but I did just get a reply from Dasan regarding a few other questions I asked.  The muzzle device is a standard A2 style with 1/2X28 thread, and the rifle is to ship with a brass deflector installed.  Left hand eject accessories will be available after launch, but no firm date was mentioned.

Sorry I don't have more.
Jack Flag

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »

Oh well. Still more info than I had a few mins ago.Not surprised on the muzzle device. Cheap, easy to come by US made parts for the stupid 922r parts count BS. Threading (though I'm sure Australia uses a different pitch, probably standard 13x1LH for AUGs ) not surprising since it's for the US market.

Good news I guess on the brass deflector.

I do wonder if they will be black or a mixture of black and tan like the ones shown at SHOT this year.  I guess I could ask. Cheesy
The West Virginian

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 06:09:43 PM »

All my information has come from Dasan USA.  I went to their website and grabbed their e-mail.  They've been wonderful and patient with all my questions.  The F90 thread pitch wasn't given but the representative did say it was metric and would limit aftermarket devices so I'd say your guess about the AUG thread pitch is correct.  I never thought to ask about the color.  DANG!  I'm afraid to bother them again LOL
Jack Flag

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 07:13:46 PM »

You better do it. Or I will.

Ask about:
stock color
20 in barrels
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 07:23:30 PM »

I still haven't got a responce back from Lithegow yet.
The West Virginian

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 07:59:38 PM »

Ask about:
stock color
20 in barrels

I e-mailed them, Jack.  I will not be surprised if I get the reply, "Mr. Haynes, we have blocked your e-mail, and forbid you to ever purchase one of our rifles."
The West Virginian

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 08:15:06 PM »

I still haven't got a responce back from Lithegow yet.

I have given up hope of ever hearing from Lithgow, Ditcher.  I cannot fathom why they are so silent on the eve of releasing a rifle that could garner an enviable position in the firearm community.  While I do not see the Tavor/X95 ever being unseated as bestselling pups, I think the Atrax could easily be number two provided Lithgow does better marketing of their product.
Jack Flag

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 08:40:20 PM »

Ask about:
stock color
20 in barrels

I e-mailed them, Jack.  I will not be surprised if I get the reply, "Mr. Haynes, we have blocked your e-mail, and forbid you to ever purchase one of our rifles."

Cheesy Grin

Evil
metinemre

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2018, 03:38:55 AM »

Please let us know if  you get any answer for stock colors. I strictly decline to shoot full black under Arizona sun at the desert lol! tan and black looks super cool tho.
PjsSteyrAUG

The Steyr AUG Guy

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2018, 10:53:29 AM »

I was told by Josh 1st ones will be black and maybe green down the road.

Grin
spyderco monkey

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2018, 03:29:30 PM »

Any indication if the production ones will have the shell deflector?

The West Virginian

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2018, 03:36:10 PM »

No word yet from Dasan, but Josh Whi told me the same thing he told Pete; black to start, possibly other colors in the future.  The tan and black shown at SHOT 2018 looks very good, though, and it had the A2 flash hider which is to be on the release model.  With that in mind, who knows what we may get?  I wish I did because it is driving me NUTS! lol
The West Virginian

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2018, 03:45:51 PM »

Any indication if the production ones will have the shell deflector?

According to Dasan, the deflector will be on the release models.  Left hand accessories will be available after launch.
spyderco monkey

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2018, 04:34:20 AM »

Awesome!

And here I thought I was going to be able to resist  Wink
metinemre

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2018, 03:10:33 PM »

This is the reply i got from Brownells today

``
Thank you for contacting Brownells. The item 100-026-617 ATRAX BULLPUP 5.56 16  BLACK, is a back loading rifle and currently we are only offering the firearm in black. We are anticipating, but no guarantees, that it will be available around the beginning to middle part of May.

Thank you for shopping with Brownells.

Ryan``
Mnbullpup80

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2018, 05:56:12 PM »

Middle of May? But I will have already spent my money on the Tavor 7 and TS-12 by then...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length