Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2020, 02:37:15 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Anyone shooting RFB with 24"
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone shooting RFB with 24"  (Read 1856 times)
tommytwoguns

« on: February 26, 2018, 01:52:24 PM »

I am considering getting the 24" RFB and wondering if some owners would comment on it.  Seems like the extra length would help with accuracy but I am wondering if it would change how the gas adjustment is done.  I do have an FN P90 and so far it has been a no brainer to shoot.  On the other hand I see lots of posts about how the RFB needs to be dialed in right and mags can also be an issue.  While I do like to play around with my guns and have no problem taking them apart I also expect them to fire and cycle like I expect. 
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 10:31:39 AM »

I currently have this question posed on the Keltec forum about the 24" and how the barrel length has affected gas tuning and performance.  There has to be some effect due to dwell time, but I can't recall anyone complaining about it on the 24" since I've been a member over there.  There aren't a ton of them out there, but enough to get some feedback, I hope.
zugcat
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 12:20:42 AM »

My RFB hunter shoots about 2 MOA. The longer 24"  barrel doesn't seem to add to much to accuracy than the 18" version. But, it does add velocity. The bullet is more effective at longer distances. I.e. it hits harder further out.

Sorry for the necropost. But I figured someone reading this thread might want this information.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length